Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI week 17 Fixtures

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

You won't find a better goal all season then the Goal at cross.

Goal of the year so far.

There has been a better goal, already this season. By the same player, up in Derry. Quite similar to the one tonight, actually, except with the other foot. Absolutely sublime.
    Miss of the season in there too. How did they not score I will never know.

Which one? The one that the Drogs player at an open backpost, in the first half, somehow put wide or the corner from the Donie Forde side (also in the first) that stayed in the six yard box for a few seconds that somehow didn't find its way into the goal from a Drogs player? Or the one, when Furlong stopped the ball dead at the backpost, when a slight touch would've put it in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hano stable and up and talking, staying overnight in hospital but seems fine.

Pighead wrote: »
    Neither can I! Oriel Park was hopping this evening. Great night.

Was heading to a mate's and heard the update on the radio just before half-time, place sounded like a ****in rave. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Thought City were poor again and fortunate to get the win.

Great strike from Duffer, a player that has suffered in the disjointed set-up we have at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Dundalk defender kicked a Pats fan when he was giving him the ball back. Brilliant atmosphere though. Pity it turned nasty thanks to a few power-tripping stewards. Hope Hano gets well soon, he's vital to the club, not just on match-days.

Dundalk defender kicked a Pats fan when he was giving him the ball back. Brilliant atmosphere though. Pity it turned nasty thanks to a few power-tripping stewards. Hope Hano gets well soon, he's vital to the club, not just on match-days.

Broken pelvis bone and broke bone in his back.

Not being a cnut but i hope he claims, Dundalk would be ****ed if he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dreamers75 wrote: »

He definitely should. That Dundalk away end is not suitable for use.

Not being a cnut... i hope he claims, Dundalk would be ****ed if he did.

One of these is not like the other...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Such a horribly bitter post. Why would you want Dundalk fcuked out of the league? If it's found that the Dundalk stewards were at fault (which by the way it hasn't been yet) for what happened last night then by all means punish the club and make sure any mistakes are immediately rectified and don't happen again.

But the way you've phrased your sentence just comes across as extremely childish and very bitter.
    CSF wrote: »
    He definitely should. That Dundalk away end is not suitable for use.
    Explain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    There has been a better goal, already this season. By the same player, up in Derry. Quite similar to the one tonight, actually, except with the other foot. Absolutely sublime.

Which one? The one that the Drogs player at an open backpost, in the first half, somehow put wide or the corner from the Donie Forde side (also in the first) that stayed in the six yard box for a few seconds that somehow didn't find its way into the goal from a Drogs player? Or the one, when Furlong stopped the ball dead at the backpost, when a slight touch would've put it in?

I think last nights goal was better imo. Will have watched it again on but once it left his foot it was in. Beauty!

The miss in first half. He had so much time he could have taken a touch lobbed it over his head and done bicyclekick. One of the worst misses I have ever seen. The ball was not coming in that fast even. Shocking.

Drogs could very easy have won that game 1-3 last night.

There a group of lads that hang out by corner flag along Derrynane that are bunch of ****ing idiots.

They are just ready for an excuse to slag the team.

Get behind the team. Throw the abuse if they want at end.

Such a horribly bitter post. Why would you want Dundalk fcuked out of the league? If it's found that the Dundalk stewards were at fault (which by the way it hasn't been yet) for what happened last night then by all means punish the club and make sure any mistakes are immediately rectified and don't happen again.

But the way you've phrased your sentence just comes across as extremely childish and very bitter.

Dont want you out of the league, want your club to pay for its inability to steward away fans in a safe and responsible manner. A duty Dundalk failed last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Dont want you out of the league, want your club to pay for its inability to steward away fans in a safe and responsible manner. A duty Dundalk failed last night.
    Well why didn't you say that in the first place instead of

"Not being a cnut but i hope he claims, Dundalk would be ****ed if he did".

You hope he claims because that would equal Dundalk being fcuked? Weird way of looking at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've been in the Dundalk away end and for two or three years it's been a serious accident waiting to happen. Not sure what a steward could do when the place is falling down.

Explain?
    Absolutely no cover for fans, and an away end that is essentially impossible by design to steward in case of any issues. Disgrace of a facility.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Haha I cant wait untill Tuesday till Dundalk have their full highlights up. Il be asking the editor to include "this so called kick" so you can be shown up for a total bull****ter.

The Pats fan was trying to get the ball and before he could catch it the Dundalk player in question knicked the ball with his foot ran to retrieve the ball and took a throw in.

Hope Hano makes a full recovery.

All we have is St Pats fans versions of events, (that it was ALL Dundalk stewards fault) Il be awaiting till either club or the guards make a statement before laying blame anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Good to see us with another good away victory, although if you believe everything you read on here its just pure luck that has got to us 2nd place (with a game in hand) after 17 games.

Add to this 3 ahead of Dundalk and still 1pt ahead of Sligo (even if they win today, and having lost twice to them this season) must make us the jammiest team ever?

You don't get to where Derry are simply on good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Absolutely no cover for fans, and an away end that is essentially impossible by design to steward in case of any issues. Disgrace of a facility.

You can pay €15 to get in to the stand and have a covered seat. Same price as other grounds or you can go for the cheap €10 tickets and go uncovered. Most fans opt for the cheap tickets and complain when they get wet????

Do Dublin fans complain when they go to hill 16 and it starts raining?? Do they then start trying to get in to the Hogan or Cusack stands??

No Pats fans should have been allowed in to the stand from the terrace as there wasn't enough seats to accommodate them. Not sure if this had a factor on the pats fan getting injured as it sounded like he slipped on steps. Pats fans have every right to feel annoyed and aggrieved at their treatment last night and I hope they do complain to the guards and the FAI

Hopefully the Pats fan makes a quick recovery

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Jesus Christ that was humiliating, Callaghan got it badly wrong. Heary was all over the place, directly at fault for the first 2 goals.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

doncarlos wrote: »
    You can pay €15 to get in to the stand and have a covered seat. Same price as other grounds or you can go for the cheap €10 tickets and go uncovered. Most fans opt for the cheap tickets and complain when they get wet????

Do Dublin fans complain when they go to hill 16 and it starts raining?? Do they then start trying to get in to the Hogan or Cusack stands??

No Pats fans should have been allowed in to the stand from the terrace as there wasn't enough seats to accommodate them. Not sure if this had a factor on the pats fan getting injured as it sounded like he slipped on steps. Pats fans have every right to feel annoyed and aggrieved at their treatment last night and I hope they do complain to the guards and the FAI

Hopefully the Pats fan makes a quick recovery

Shouldn't have to sit in with the home fans to have shelter. Hill 16 is a terrible example to use as its merely 1 of numerous available options

Could you imagine the mayhem of the Shamrock Rovers away support decided to take up the option of the stand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It's not the cover that's the main problem. It's the ground and the concrete and how the steps are completely different. It's not as unsafe as it was before seats were put there, but it is still a ridiculous condition and they should be forced to fix it properly.

• Advertisement

Shouldn't have to sit in with the home fans to have shelter. Hill 16 is a terrible example to use as its merely 1 of numerous available options

Could you imagine the mayhem of the Shamrock Rovers away support decided to take up the option of the stand?

There is an away section in the stand, just like we were put in a section of your "Home Stand" when we were in Richmond earlier in the season.

We won 2-1 that night aswell :D

There is an away section in the stand, just like we were put in a section of your "Home Stand" when we were in Richmond earlier in the season.

We won 2-1 that night aswell :D

I don't support Pats

I don't support Pats

Sorry just assumed ya did. Only new around here havnt got to know everyones names just yet

Sorry just assumed ya did. Only new around here havnt got to know everyones names just yet

Shels fan myself

Shels fan myself

Great win last night, Hope use get a run going after the break to keep it intrestuing down there

Great win last night, Hope use get a run going after the break to keep it intrestuing down there

It's bizarre how I've home from utterly convinced we'd go down to utterly convinced we will stay up in a 24 hour period. The irrational nature of a football fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Yes, yes, yes!!!!

SantryRed wrote: »
    It's not the cover that's the main problem. It's the ground and the concrete and how the steps are completely different. It's not as unsafe as it was before seats were put there, but it is still a ridiculous condition and they should be forced to fix it properly.

I agree, all clubs should be forced to upgrade. How are Tolka's upgrades coming along. Away fans still pissing in the darkness? :P

We like other clubs simply don't have the money. I wouldn't argue with anybody that says our away section isn't up to standard as it's appalling. This was not a factor though as last night's problems were caused by a steward or stewards deciding to let Pats fans in to an area that didn't contain enough seats. That's the crux of it.

We sit in the same stand as rovers fans and pats fans. Dundalk fans were in the same stand as Drogheda fans last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

The Sligs are gone very quiet around here these days. I wonder if they're regretting their early season smugness.

• Advertisement

1-1 now. If they get back and win they're still in a grand position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

1-1 now. If they get back and win they're still in a grand position.

Not after we beat them in two weeks time ;)

Haha I cant wait untill Tuesday till Dundalk have their full highlights up. Il be asking the editor to include "this so called kick" so you can be shown up for a total bull****ter.

The Pats fan was trying to get the ball and before he could catch it the Dundalk player in question knicked the ball with his foot ran to retrieve the ball and took a throw in.

Hope Hano makes a full recovery.

All we have is St Pats fans versions of events, (that it was ALL Dundalk stewards fault) Il be awaiting till either club or the guards make a statement before laying blame anywhere

It was an aggressive stamp/kick. Enjoy the highlights you contemptuous c*nt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

The Sligs are gone very quiet around here these days. I wonder if they're regretting their early season smugness.
    Actually I was banned for a month. We'll still win it. Just trying to make it entertaining for the rest of ye ;)

It was an aggressive stamp/kick. Enjoy the highlights you contemptuous c*nt.

So he didnt kick the fan. He aggressively stamped/kicked the ball.

If he aggressively stamped/kicked one of your fans, there would be a hell of alot more than 1 poster on many forums/twitter etc.. talking about it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Jesus Christ that was humiliating, Callaghan got it badly wrong. Heary was all over the place, directly at fault for the first 2 goals.

I thought Heary coming back in was being anticipated. Has he played much?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

dfx- wrote: »
    I thought Heary coming back in was being anticipated. Has he played much?

Last week was his first game in a good while

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

So he didnt kick the fan. He aggressively stamped/kicked the ball.

If he aggressively stamped/kicked one of your fans, there would be a hell of alot more than 1 poster on many forums/twitter etc.. talking about it.

He was facing the Dundalk side. There was only about 10 St. Pats fans behind the goal. The majority of Pats fans didn't see it. Dane Massey assaulted a fan. Yes, he was trying to get the ball back, but he could have waited, instead he stamped on a Pats fans hand. Bury your head in the sand all you want but it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

We haven't gone away yet.

;)

• Advertisement

He was facing the Dundalk side. There was only about 10 St. Pats fans behind the goal. The majority of Pats fans didn't see it. Dane Massey assaulted a fan. Yes, he was trying to get the ball back, but he could have waited, instead he stamped on a Pats fans hand. Bury your head in the sand all you want but it happened.

Why was the Pat's fan trying to grab the ball off the pitch?? No sympathy for him at all. Maybe he'll leave the ball alone next time.

Why was the Pat's fan trying to grab the ball off the pitch?? No sympathy for him at all. Maybe he'll leave the ball alone next time.

Yeh, I suppose he should have just let it bounce up and hit him in the face and kept his arms by his side.

Yeh, I suppose he should have just let it bounce up and hit him in the face and kept his arms by his side.

Are you kidding me? Blinkers lad. He was reaching over to grab the ball to waste time. Tried to do it twice when ball went out over that side. So now he was protecting his face with his hands? Massy is a good player but he'd do a good job to be swinging his leg at head height to retrieve a ball when it goes out of play.

The amount of pure lies the Pat's fans are coming out with are beyond pathetic.

Really struggling to get the picture here. So the ball was in the air when the alleged aggressive stamp happened and was timed to coincide with the ball hitting the supporter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Every incident that happened in OP on Friday is getting the spotlight treatment by Pats fans i see !

Take the beating.

Don't know what happened about the Pats lads "accident" but hopefuly all matters concerning the incident will be investigated by the club and reported back on in due course.

Are you kidding me? Blinkers lad. He was reaching over to grab the ball to waste time. Tried to do it twice when ball went out over that side. So now he was protecting his face with his hands? Massy is a good player but he'd do a good job to be swinging his leg at head height to retrieve a ball when it goes out of play.

The amount of pure lies the Pat's fans are coming out with are beyond pathetic.

Stop being hysterical. If a ball comes bouncing towards you, your first instinct will be to get ready to protect your face. Now, perhaps the Pats fan did that, then saw the ball was not going to hit his face, but decided to try grab the ball anyway. Was he wrong to do that? Yes. Did he deserve to have his hand aggressively stamped by one of the players? Absolutely not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bohs get thrashed to a team who have only scored 6 goals prior to Friday's game and Newcastle appointing Joe Kinnear as DOF.

My football hell.

Stop being hysterical. If a ball comes bouncing towards you, your first instinct will be to get ready to protect your face. Now, perhaps the Pats fan did that, then saw the ball was not going to hit his face, but decided to try grab the ball anyway. Was he wrong to do that? Yes. Did he deserve to have his hand aggressively stamped by one of the players? Absolutely not.

I seen what happened and you are talking through your arse. A pat's fan leaned over the wall on two occasions to grab the ball. The ball was on the ground when Massey tried to get the ball back. Not sure why you need to lie and fabricate a ridiculous story that the fan was trying to protect his face.

I seen what happened and you are talking through your arse. A pat's fan leaned over the wall on two occasions to grab the ball. The ball was on the ground when Massey tried to get the ball back. Not sure why you need to lie and fabricate a ridiculous story that the fan was trying to protect his face.

The ball was not on the ground. There's no way the Pats fan would have been able to reach down to the pitch. I didn't lie about him protecting his face. You're the one living in your own fantasy land. Enjoy the highlights, and feel free to apologise later.

The ball was not on the ground. There's no way the Pats fan would have been able to reach down to the pitch. I didn't lie about him protecting his face. You're the one living in your own fantasy land. Enjoy the highlights, and feel free to apologise later.

How could Massey possibly get away with swinging a kick at a supporter off the pitch? Do you honestly expect people to believe this?
    He was leaning over the hoarding to pick up the ball. He did it twice in a row. I seen this. After Massey tried to get the ball back and "stamped" at his hand he didn't do it again. Fair play to Massey I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

I didnt see the incident obviously but that story is hilarious. The sort of thing that you'd see in the Sun to criminalise someone. No idea what sort of a lad Massey is but you could sub in his name for nearly everyone there and it wouldnt change the opinion.

I really doubt he went to protect the ball from hitting his face and a player came over and kicked him. No idea what planet you are living on.

Even if the kick is true, I assume the pats fan went to grab the ball to waste time, abuse the player a little and maybe throw the ball back into the stand. We see that sort of thing with any set of fans. Massey probably knew this and went to get the ball back, even if the pats fan did grab the ball and he tried to stamp it out...fair play to him.

No sympathy for the fan, similar to the Hazard Ball boy incident, kick away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement