Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI week 17 Fixtures

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭not1but4

The ball was not on the ground. There's no way the Pats fan would have been able to reach down to the pitch. I didn't lie about him protecting his face. You're the one living in your own fantasy land. Enjoy the highlights, and feel free to apologise later.

Sorry PD.A but I do not believe that story at all and I think you are talking absolute bollox when you said he was about to hit his head it was no where near that level.

The way you are tying to make it out would look something like this
    Cantona_18.jpg

I seen this incident with Massy and I have to agree here with doncarlos series of events. The ball was bouncing just below knee level Pat's fan was bent over the advertising board trying to catch it and to hold on to it Massy put in his foot on the ball just before Pats fan get a hold of it. Pats fans start going mental after this. I seen him try it a few times as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

2rftqut.jpg

Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

dreamers75 wrote: »

Well done.

Not so sure about that, a few inaccuracies in that article.

"While there were empty seats outside the designated area..." - There were no empty seats. These seats were reserved for families and the kids that were playing during the half time match.

"It was dangerous, throughout the match" - The problem only arose when Pats supporters were allowed in to the stand in the second half.

There are plenty of questions that need to be answered and hopefully the truth comes out even if it means Dundalk are severely punished but quoting angry Pats fans statements as facts does little to help the situation.

I sincerely wish the Pats supporter all the best with his recovery as do all Dundalk fans and hopefully he is back up and about and watching football as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

WTF?

Pat's fans who were too miserable to pay in to the stand demand to be let in after it rains and then bitch and whinge because too many of them have gone into the stand and they moan about their own fans sitting on steps.

Ffs... :rolleyes:

Gutter journalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Zebra3 wrote: »
    WTF?

Pat's fans who were too miserable to pay in to the stand demand to be let in after it rains and then bitch and whinge because too many of them have gone into the stand and they moan about their own fans sitting on steps.

Ffs... :rolleyes:

Gutter journalism.

We were told at the turnstiles when we got off the bus that the stand was sold out, only to get inside and see that it clearly wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

We were told at the turnstiles when we got off the bus that the stand was sold out, only to get inside and see that it clearly wasn't.

Probably the away part of the stand was sold out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

No alcohol consumed either I assume..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Ebbs wrote: »

Can of coke and a curry chips for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

I've been up to Oriel twice and I have to say the away section is the worst I've experienced in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

I think last nights goal was better imo. Will have watched it again on but once it left his foot it was in. Beauty!

The miss in first half. He had so much time he could have taken a touch lobbed it over his head and done bicyclekick. One of the worst misses I have ever seen. The ball was not coming in that fast even. Shocking.

Drogs could very easy have won that game 1-3 last night.

There a group of lads that hang out by corner flag along Derrynane that are bunch of ****ing idiots.

They are just ready for an excuse to slag the team.

Get behind the team. Throw the abuse if they want at end.

Just seen Daryl's goal from Friday, and you're probably right. It just about shades his one up in Derry. The one in Derry was a better shot, as he used his weaker foot and curled it perfectly into the corner. But he was lucky that the ball fell to him, after hitting off a Derry defender. Against Drogheda, he did well to control the ball near the halfway line, showed good skill to beat two men and then got a very good shot off, when he was surrounded by three Drogs players, with another blocking his sight at goal.

It'll be hard for anyone to beat him for June's goal of the month. Did he end up winning it for May?

• Advertisement

Ebbs wrote: »

Away trips are Crack Cocaine only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    It'll be hard for anyone to beat him for June's goal of the month. Did he end up winning it for May?
    Dundalk's Dane 'Lionel' Massey won the award for May thanks to his belter against Sligo in the Showgrounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Pighead wrote: »
    Dundalk's Dane 'Lionel' Massey won the award for May thanks to his belter against Sligo in the Showgrounds.

A fantastic goal, in fairness. A tight angle and he smacks it right into the top corner. Daryl's goal, which was curled fantastically with his weaker foot, was brilliant, but Massey's probably just about deserved it. Shame that they both were on the same month, because there'll be goals that will win other GOTMs, which won't be anywhere near as good as these two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Just seen Daryl's goal from Friday, and you're probably right. It just about shades his one up in Derry. The one in Derry was a better shot, as he used his weaker foot and curled it perfectly into the corner. But he was lucky that the ball fell to him, after hitting off a Derry defender. Against Drogheda, he did well to control the ball near the halfway line, showed good skill to beat two men and then got a very good shot off, when he was surrounded by three Drogs players, with another blocking his sight at goal.

The reason it was beter for me, is that he had beat few players and had take shot instantly.

While it was cracking goal in Derry he had the time to pick his spot. Still fine goal. Just this one was better.

On a lighter note
    niallhano ‏@niallhano 5h
    Got a visit off one of the dundalk lads there. Something tells me there's a hidden message in the get well card!!Haha

BNNrD_bCAAE41HZ.jpg

Advertisement