Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians Wanted for Alt Country, Multi-Harmony Original Band

Options
  • 13-06-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi! I'm a South-East based singer, guitar player, songwriter and I'm looking for other musicians who would like to be involved in an original material band with an alt country California style folk rock style (that's the best I can describe it!) - kind of like a mix of the Byrds, Gram Parson and the Flying Burritos, the Beach boys, CSN&Y, Beachwood Sparks and Blitzen Trapper - mellow alt country with a laid back psychedelic feel (I guess!).

If there's anybody out there who might be interested - singers for 3 or 4 (or 5!)piece harmony, guitar players, bass, pedal steel, drums would make a pretty interesting sound - let me know and with a little bit of luck we might get something together. I've got some songs written and am completely open to collaborations.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marfly

Hi! It sounds interesting!. do you have any other musicians on board yet?
    I can play a little guitar but mainly interested in singing and have good experience with harmonies. What part of the south east? im in south kk

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kategisbourne

Hi. I'm not sure if I'm quite your thing but hey.
    Am fronting a band called "Woodlark" which was me (singer) and a guitarist.
    We had been together for about a year, have loads of songs written(20 strong original set) and have been gigging everywhere.
    Just released our debut EP and launched it at Whelans.
    Sadly, he has just quit to spend more time with his neuroses!
    So I am looking for a versatile guitar player who is interested in original material and eventually world domination.!
    I'm coming from influences like the Civil Wars, Gillian Welch, Neil Young, Mark Lanegan and Alison Krauss.
    Our music has been compared to Fleetwood Mac, PJ Harvey, Tori Amos and Nick Cave.
    If this sounds interesting why not visit our Facebook page, woodlark official where you can hear some of the songs .
    You can also listen to them on Soundcloud and Bandcamp.
    You can contact me through the facebook page or at woodlarkofficial@gmail.com.
    Cheers, Kate.
    P. S. I am Wicklow based.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dont call me Shirley

I might be interested, guitar/bass/keys player. Where are you based, anything recorded I could check out?

Advertisement