Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Applied Maths Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

xJEx wrote: »
    Thought it was okay! Last bit of ten and five were tricky but I got answers! what did anyone else get for them? Also for some reason i couldnt get the t1 at the end of 1 was annoyed at that!!

y=1.5
    v=60
    s=34 and I can't remember the answers for the volume on somewhere around 2 hours or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xJEx

y=1.5
    v=60
    s=34 and I can't remember the answers for the volume on somewhere around 2 hours or so!

yeah! although i got 36 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I actually think I passed! =D

Started with question 10 which I got out no bother, it's the one question I'm good at. I got all of Q4 out as well, and all of Q1 except for the very last bit. I got all of part (a) for projectiles and a little bit of part (b) and I managed to start off Q2 so I think I did enough to pass. Delighted, I was full sure I was going to fail. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NierellaA

Collision is supposed to be my best question, what the actual fck was the b part.

yeah! although i got 36 :P

I think it was 36, I can't remember, did you relate ds/dt or did you back to the start again and do v dv/ds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 NierellaA

AND WHERE WAS MY WEDGE? *sobs*

I think it was 36, I can't remember, did you relate ds/dt or did you back to the start again and do v dv/ds?

yeah i said v = ds/dt and subbed in v in terms of t?

NierellaA wrote: »
    Collision is supposed to be my best question, what the actual fck was the b part.

I dont like collisions but i did that Q haha! Did anyone get 3.75 for the last bit of 5???

I actually think I passed! =D

Started with question 10 which I got out no bother, it's the one question I'm good at. I got all of Q4 out as well, and all of Q1 except for the very last bit. I got all of part (a) for projectiles and a little bit of part (b) and I managed to start off Q2 so I think I did enough to pass. Delighted, I was full sure I was going to fail. :)

what did you get for the end of 10?? i got 79.32 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Kingkumar

yeah i got 36 too..what did people get for the very last part of Q10.
    overall it was a ****ing horrible paper for me ....A1 gone :(
    For Q2(b) was the answer 60 degrees?

• Advertisement

Undeadfred wrote: »
    in Q. 4 did anyone else get T = loads of m1,m2 and m3s?

The first part of the statics question was ridiculous, gave me loads of cosines and sines with numbers like 11400 and 9569 and **** like that in front of it

Part C of Q. 10 was hard

i got 4m1m2m3 / 4m1m2 + m2m3 + m1m3

that first bit is all over all of that

i got something around that but i left my answer in hours 1.3 something so like -2 marks for that

Kingkumar wrote: »

Yeah I go 60 degrees south of west (direction is required)

I got 4.44 for 5b

Did anyone do the hydrostatics question, what in god's name was going on there for the second part!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

That looks familiar, I think that's what I got! I got 36 for the end of C like people have said they got so I'm relieved now. :P

I got something mad for Q4 as well, can't even remember what it was tbh. :P

i got something around that but i left my answer in hours 1.3 something so like -2 marks for that

yeah i think thats what it was in hours!! But i'm just after realising my calculator wasnt is radian mode!! That must mean we're wrong?!

I don't see why they'd take marks off for leaving it in hours, it was given in hours anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

I matched both your answers, hopefully we are right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭no scope codgod

Did anyone get 3.33 for the thickness of the paper at the end of Q5?

yeah i think thats what it was in hours!! But i'm just after realising my calculator wasnt is radian mode!! That must mean we're wrong?!

hmm how did u relate them ? like what was ur initial equation ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

Yeah i did. Did you get e squard is a minus though? I kept getting that but just said it was an anomoly and carried on without it

• Advertisement

hmm how did u relate them ? like what was ur initial equation ?

I said liked -dV/dt = kV and i put v=1 when t=0 and then v=1.5 when t = 60 cause i changed to minutes and then i got k

Yeah i did. Did you get e squard is a minus though? I kept getting that but just said it was an anomoly and carried on without it

If you left it as Velocity rather than Speed you would probably have a minus there, but you wouldn't lose marks since obviously e has to be a real number.

how did yous get that? I got 3.75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

Did anyone else get like 52 degrees for the first part of the statics question?

did anyone get 45 degress for max range in 3?
    and 5r/3 for length of simple pendulum in 8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Yeeeessssss!!!! I spent ages trying to get my head around it, and eventually managed to form a differential. Hadn't seen decisions link(wasn't on here last night) but our teacher had given us photocopies of those exact sheets when we were doing differentials in class.
    I got 1.40625cm I think. Got that the value of e was 2/45 per cm and then solved for e=1/16. Dunno whether that was the right method or not.

how did yous get that? I got 3.75

e = kd (d is thickness)
    1/3 = k(2.5)
    2.5/3 = k
    k = 5/6

1/4 = kd
    1/4 = 5d/6
    6/4 = 5d
    6 = 20d
    d = 6/20 = 3/10 = 3.33

Is what I did

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Yeeeessssss!!!! I spent ages trying to get my head around it, and eventually managed to form a differential. Hadn't seen decisions link(wasn't on here last night) but our teacher had given us photocopies of those exact sheets when we were doing differentials in class.

I got 1.40625cm I think. Got that the value of e was 2/45 per cm and then solved for e=1/16. Dunno whether that was the right method or not.

OMG yay! But wait , somebody said last night you have to do 10 in radian mode, did you?? I cant remember what mode my calculator was in!

And i got e = 1/16 for the last bit but then i got an increase in 1.25 cm :/

I said liked -dV/dt = kV and i put v=1 when t=0 and then v=1.5 when t = 60 cause i changed to minutes and then i got k

should it not be K(q-V) where q is the volume of tank when its full as the rate is proportional to how much water is left in the tank?
    also i just discovered i made a mistake in my calculations so either i somehow managed to get the right ans or we're both wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

OMG yay! But wait , somebody said last night you have to do 10 in radian mode, did you?? I cant remember what mode my calculator was in!

And i got e = 1/16 for the last bit but then i got an increase in 1.25 cm :/
    My differential didn't require the use of any trigonometry, only logs, so radians didn't matter. I formed a different equation than you though.

Advertisement