Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** 2013 Economics HL Before/After **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

International Trade
    National Income

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

decisions wrote: »
    International Trade
    National Income

snap.. might throw in a bit of money and banking too if i have time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I'm preparing Taxation, National Income, bits of Money and Banking and employment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I really want an A1 in this, especially as I think things didn't go to plan with my other exams. :/

I'm thinking I might try and study these if I get enough time, or should I cut it down?

Taxation
    International Trade
    National Income
    Money and Banking
    Inflation
    Economic Growth and Development
    Economic thought

I really want an A1 in this, especially as I think things didn't go to plan with my other exams. :/

I'm thinking I might try and study these if I get enough time, or should I cut it down?

Taxation
    International Trade
    National Income
    Money and Banking
    Inflation
    Economic thought

i'm the same, hoping to do well to make up some points! :P
    if you plan on doing all the micro questions , i don't think you need to do all that macro you could leave one or two out but if you think you will have time be really prepared :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 karlobrien_

I'm off until economics on wednesday and I got an A1 (94%) in the mocks so im just planning on spending the next few days doing exam questions on each topic. If I had a choice i'd love a demand, taxation, imperfect competition, infation or international trade question to come up, i can roll them off pretty easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'm covering
    Supply & Demand
    Elasticity
    Costs
    Monopoly & Imperfect Comp
    And the Macro I've posted above.

My perfect paper would be Monopoly, Costs, National Income and International Trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

I am doing imperfect competition monopoly , land ,capital , international trade , taxation and national income

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'm hoping for nice questions on imperfect competition, land, national income and either taxation/international trade. That would be my dream paper, but can't see it happening!

For the next few days I'll be focusing on factors of production/market structures/national income.

My short questions are often diabolical though :( How do ye prepare for them, just keep doing short questions from previous years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

ray2012 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for nice questions on imperfect competition, land, national income and either taxation/international trade. That would be my dream paper, but can't see it happening!

For the next few days I'll be focusing on factors of production/market structures/national income.

My short questions are often diabolical though :( How do ye prepare for them, just keep doing short questions from previous years?

That's all I'm doing for the SQs really, going through all previous years' shorts. They tend to be pretty repetitive

Do ye plan on answering all three micro questions on the paper? the thing is everyone answers those so I might do 2 macro, 2 micro. Although with the macro it's hard to know exactly what they're looking for with some questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fert94

Anybody else doing both chemistry and economics?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭stevie4568

Lads (and Lassies) what would the timing be for this one? half hour per question?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

What kinda c questions? Student fees, water charges, household?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmBr

So annoying seeing people finding economics so easy to get an A in when I've been stuck with potentially the sh**est teacher in Ireland for the last two years

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Got an A2 in the Mocks so pushing for an A1 this time. I have a few days now so I'll probably do all of Micro apart from the factors of production, then International Trade, Money & Banking, National Income and Population. Also I'd recommend that everyone has relatively up-to-date figures for questions on things like unemployment, always handy to throw in.

where do i get up to date info?
    how can ya leave out stuff when section 1 is so unpredictable?

(ii) Explain the relationship between these two terms.
    GDP at current market prices
    ± Net Factor Income from abroad
    = GNP at current market prices
    Less indirect taxes
    Plus subsidies
    = GNP at Factor Cost
    Less Depreciation
    = Net National Product at Factor Cost
    Relationship correctly explained 12 marks graded

ANYONE?? (as gaeilge preferably:)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭James201213

Fert94 wrote: »
    Anybody else doing both chemistry and economics?

Yeah I am

stevie4568 wrote: »
    Lads (and Lassies) what would the timing be for this one? half hour per question?

5 minutes reading over, 25-30 minutes for short questions , 25-30 for each long question :) read over

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Historyguy941

What do ye think about the economists that might come up? I was thinking Marx, smith, Friedman and Keynes to study

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

Going for 100% in this :D

sganyfx wrote: »
    Going for 100% in this :D

Same. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Taxation
    International Trade
    National Income
    Money and Banking
    Inflation
    Economic thought

I think the above might be too much, do you think I'd be covered with just these for the Macro?

Taxation
    International Trade
    National Income
    Economic thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

ColmBr wrote: »
    So annoying seeing people finding economics so easy to get an A in when I've been stuck with potentially the sh**est teacher in Ireland for the last two years

Your not in the same class as me, are you? :pac: I've heard that economics is meant to be an easy subject, but the teacher we have overcomplicates everything and makes even simple stuff confusing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I started economics last September/October and I'm doing it by myself without a teacher. I just started the exam papers like 2 weeks ago.. O__O I got a C2 in the mocks though, so if I could get a C1 I'd be really happy. Would love a B though

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Fresco_007

Hello, I'm just wondering has anybody compiled the statistics which we need to be familiar with because I can't seem to find my way around the CSO website - any help would be appreciated! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

http://www.cso.ie/indicators/Maintable.aspx

I'd say learn these and you'd be OK..Gives you unemployment, BOP, inflation and so on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmBr

N64 wrote: »
    Your not in the same class as me, are you? :pac: I've heard that economics is meant to be an easy subject, but the teacher we have overcomplicates everything and makes even simple stuff confusing. :(

My teacher definitely does not over complicate things. She doesn't even know the basics on teaching or economics. She uses YouTube as the prime method of learning....... It's beyond a joke. She wasn't even bothered teaching us a few chapters because she doesn't like them. How she became a teacher is beyond me and the rest of the students in my school who have her as a teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Fresco_007

comeclosa wrote: »
    http://www.cso.ie/indicators/Maintable.aspx

I'd say learn these and you'd be OK..Gives you unemployment, BOP, inflation and so on. :)

Thank you! :D

• Advertisement

Since accounting hated me, this better be my bitch,

Advertisement