Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** 2013 Economics HL Before/After **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭olazbabes

Anybody do accounting. Awful I really need A1 for points as ACC was disaster. I dont understand why we only get 2 and a half hours for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

olazbabes wrote: »
    Anybody do accounting. Awful I really need A1 for points as ACC was disaster. I dont understand why we only get 2 and a half hours for this.

I did Acounting :(
    ME TOO!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

man the only thing thats scaring my about this exam is timing absoultely crazy 2 and half hour only for a quite long exam if u know ur stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

Economics isn't an essay type exam, few short points will get you the marks! Short questions can be a bitch though!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I feel so unprepared for this exam. I had barely any time to study for it as I studied mainly accounting (which I had today) and chemistry (which I have tomorrow) over the weekend.. Why can't economics be on Wednesday afternoon ? :|

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

What factor of production do you think will come up? I'm thinking imperfect will come up for the market structures while Monopoly and Perfect may make a feature as well somewhere on the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

^ land hasn't come up in ages afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

I'm hoping for Capital, Imperfect and National Income, as well as Demand Supply and Elasticity!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭olazbabes

I really need A. I have a feeling price discrimination monopoly is coming up> I also predict-Inflation,taxation, Land short question. too easy as long. Compare PC with monopoly curve and IPC. Fops- Capital and labour tied in with unemployment/national wage agreement. Demand not much, Supply full question with PES and Elasticity. International trade-mainly theory as LOCA came up last year. COP will be econamies and diseconomies of scale. They are going to tie in Markets with Gov. Just assuming though!!!!

Eoin Jackson's predictions.
    1. National Income 2. Money & Banking 3. International Trade 4. National Debt 5. Inflation & Prices 6. Supply & Demand 7. Imperfect Competition 8. Elasticity 9. Monopoly 10. Budget & Fiscal Policy 11. Government Spending & Performance 12. Government aims & policies 13. Labour (F.of P.) 14. Economic Growth 15. EU / Currency 16. Economic thought 17. Taxation 18. Emigration

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Eoin Jackson's predictions.

So just the entire course then? His top few are questions every other year!

decisions wrote: »
    So just the entire course then? His top few are questions every other year!

I know, he does the same with Geography. I found it interesting how he left the factor of production so far down on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'd love Land to come up as the F.o.P but I highly doubt it. It came up in the mock paper though. I'm predicting imperfect competition with a bit on oligopoly at the part (c), labour, national income, and then maybe a bit of International trade, or so I'm hoping.

I'm banking on the market structure, F.o.P and national income questions', so I'm hoping they are nice.

Actually, does anybody have a list of the formulas that you need to learn ? I know there are some in the log tables but I can't find mine! :| If anyone knows which formulas you have to learn I would really appreciate it if they posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hayley6716

What are the most common definitions to come up? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

This exam is common sense

this is such a boring subject to study

If Oligopoly comes up I will cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

If Oligopoly come up I will cry.
    It's possible but Imperfect has higher odds of appearing on the paper. You might see Oligopoly in the SQs. There is a possibility of price discrimination appearing somewhere on the paper as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

Lads, I cannot study for this at all :P Such a boring subject, and I have DCG tomorrow as well!

Got a B1 in mocks, I'm pushing for the A now though, finding it exhausting to look at the books at this stage though, so burned out, and I have to last until Friday!

If I manage to get the energy to do 1 or 2 topics tonight, what'd be your guarantees (Besides Imperfect, I'm grand on that)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭crow2

Guys I lost some pages in my book.

In perfect comp is the Average costs curve cut at the lowest point i.e. Is there a waste of economic resources?Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

crow2 wrote: »
    Guys I lost some pages in my book.

In perfect comp is the Average costs curve cut at the lowest point i.e. Is there a waste of economic resources?Thanks

Yes waste of resources for SR and no for LR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

I'm doing:

All market structures
    Supply & Demand
    Elasticity
    All Factors of Production
    Money and Banking
    Inflation
    National income
    International trade
    Economic growth and development

Government can go **** itself

omg im soo tired can't study at all for this ****e

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Kinda last minute to be asking but you know the marking scheme, whats written would that be enough for full marks or are they just briefly mentioning the points?
    We'd an awful teacher who created his own marking scheme so Im still learning what is actually the accepted amount of info..

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭no scope codgod

D_s wrote: »
    Lads, I cannot study for this at all :P Such a boring subject, and I have DCG tomorrow as well!

Got a B1 in mocks, I'm pushing for the A now though, finding it exhausting to look at the books at this stage though, so burned out, and I have to last until Friday!

If I manage to get the energy to do 1 or 2 topics tonight, what'd be your guarantees (Besides Imperfect, I'm grand on that)?

No National Income long question last year so it'll definitely be a good one to study. My teacher seems certain Inflation is going to come up as a long question too since it hasn't been up in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

really there is no subject that burns me out like economics

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

deise_girl wrote: »
    Kinda last minute to be asking but you know the marking scheme, whats written would that be enough for full marks or are they just briefly mentioning the points?
    We'd an awful teacher who created his own marking scheme so Im still learning what is actually the accepted amount of info..

It's a state and explain kinda marking scheme. They're marked in sets of 5. The statement is worth 2 marks and then you'd generally get 3 marks for how well you explain it, but if you write 3 short relevant sentences per point you should get your 3 for explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

Is the property tax progressive or regressive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

David086 wrote: »
    Is the property tax progressive or regressive?

The marking scheme accepts both answers as long as you have a valid argument. I'd go with regressive

Advertisement