Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI in Europe 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭nordydan

markc1184 wrote: »
    Looking forward to a trip to Sweden. Anyone have any recommendations for accommodation etc from previous visits?

Stay in Copenhagen and get the train over for the match. Malmo is quiet enough, Copenhagen good craic and drink is cheaper.

Train takes 40 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tough draw for us and as usual poxy
    Dodge ‏@seidodge 3h
    Pats last 10 Euro draws; Russia, Romania, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Iceland, Bosnia, Germany, Lithuania, Armenia/Macedonia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

nordydan wrote: »
    Stay in Copenhagen and get the train over for the match. Malmo is quiet enough, Copenhagen good craic and drink is cheaper.

Train takes 40 minutes

Cheers. Flights are booked and all for Copenhagan so we'll decide in the next couple of days about were to stay. Heard there is an Iron Maiden concert in Malmo July 10th so accommodation could be few and far between as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Generator Hostel in Copenhagen is cheap and really nice. Very close to the Metro station that will take you to Kastrup, then take a train from there to Malmo. Malmo is much nicer than Copenhagen, but can be dangerous in parts.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    The Yaniteds are creaming themselves on twitter over Solskjaer being in Sligo. Nobodys told them yet they can't get tickets!

They have tickets for the Shed in richmond :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Possible Charter plane to Norway as per the Sligo Rovers Twitter account.
    Sligo Rovers ‏@sligorovers 6h

The club will inform supporters of a possible charter flight later today. Supporters are advised to wait for information on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

markc1184 wrote: »
    Cheers. Flights are booked and all for Copenhagan so we'll decide in the next couple of days about were to stay. Heard there is an Iron Maiden concert in Malmo July 10th so accommodation could be few and far between as it is.
    Staying in Copenhagen makes things awkward currency-wise though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I think Sligo might have a chance...this team are second bottom from what i heard

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Don't normally post here, but my word, that post from the Man United "fan" (use that term so so SO lightly) about Rovers playing in the RDS and then that we played in Richmond Park last year,is up there as one of the most ignorant and stupid comments I have seen on the internet ever.

What planet are these people on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

id be quietly confident for all our teams, except for derry that is, i think they got the toughest draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

NufcNavan wrote: »

Ended up booking into a hotel in Malmo along with a few other Drogs fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

id be quietly confident for all our teams, except for derry that is, i think they got the toughest draw.
    Tough draws all round really. Pats have definitely got the most favourable, but Lithuanian opposition is still going to be tricky and if they do manage to get past that, Pyunik away (I’m going to assume they’ll beat the Macedonians) is a tough one. Drogs and Sligo will have to be at their best to have a chance, while Derry will be lucky to get anything.

Handy one for Cliftonville though.

djpbarry wrote: »
    Tough draws all round really. Pats have definitely got the most favourable, but Lithuanian opposition is still going to be tricky and if they do manage to get past that, Pyunik away (I’m going to assume they’ll beat the Macedonians) is a tough one. Drogs and Sligo will have to be at their best to have a chance, while Derry will be lucky to get anything.

Handy one for Cliftonville though.

i think pats are in a great position, they have drawn very beatable opponents in their first two rounds. and if im not mistaken they have one more round after that to reach the groups.

drogs are probably the underdogs against malmo but they are also beatable, be nice to get one over on a scottish side in the following round.

sligo imo have gotten a good draw for the CL molde seem to be in a bad patch and are set to lose their best player before the tie to heerenveen.

derry need a lot of luck to get by the turks, wouldnt say it will be too pleasant of a trip aswell.

i think pats are in a great position, they have drawn very beatable opponents in their first two rounds. and if im not mistaken they have one more round after that to reach the groups.
    I don't know - Žalgiris are top of the Lithuanian league at the moment. Even if they get through that, I can't see them getting past Pyunik - they've got a number of Armenian internationals and don't look any more beatable to me than Molde or Malmo.

, wouldnt say it will be too pleasant of a trip aswell.

i`d say the turks have had worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DaveyCakes

NufcNavan wrote: »

Ah for God's sake....

I don't know - Žalgiris are top of the Lithuanian league at the moment. Even if they get through that, I can't see them getting past Pyunik - they've got a number of Armenian internationals and don't look any more beatable to me than Molde or Malmo.

you mean armenia, the giants of international football?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DaveyCakes

Fenerbahce and Besiktas have been banned from Europe for match-fixing, but the knock-on effects don't seem to affect Trabzonspor v Derry

you mean armenia, the giants of international football?:D
    Well, they gave Ireland a footballing lesson in Dublin with only 10 men.

And it's not that long ago that Henrikh Mkhitaryan was with Pyunik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Didn't derry beat pyunik a few seasons ago?

Didn't derry beat pyunik a few seasons ago?
    Other way 'round. They should have beaten them at The Brandywell, but, although they only lost 2-0, they were torn apart in Yerevan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

DaveyCakes wrote: »
    Ah for God's sake....
    Something wrong?

i wouldnt hold any weight the results of our international team while trapatoni is in charge. and we did win btw. the fact they have internationals in the team doesnt always mean a lot either, there are teams in the a.u.l. that have internationals on board. ok zigiris are top of their league but so are pats, does that not mean anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The guy who plays for Donetsk?

the fact they have internationals in the team doesnt always mean a lot either...
    It generally counts for a lot in terms of experience.
    ok zigiris are top of their league but so are pats, does that not mean anything?
    I'm just making the point that it's a reasonably tough draw!

• Advertisement

Lars1916 wrote: »
    The guy who plays for Donetsk?
    The very same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Tough draw

Molde are surely one of the easier? Struggling in the Norwegian league.

I think Sligo will actually be slight favourites.

Molde are surely one of the easier? Struggling in the Norwegian league.
    They got off to a disastrous start, but they've only lost one in their last seven. Also worth considering that the Norwegian league is a good deal stronger than the LOI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Looks like the Pats game won't be available through the official LRT site. It says something about copyright on there. Happens every year with EL/CL.

Hopefully someone in Lithuania can stream it.

How many fans went over @ dreamers?

• Advertisement

Paddy Power seem to be streaming the Pats game. That could be just here in the UK though.

Paddy Power seem to be streaming the Pats game. That could be just here in the UK though.

Says 'live streaming available' for me. What is the difference between that and when it says Paddy Power TV?

Bet365 also say 'live streaming available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

So does any one know if any pubs in Dublin will be showing the Pats game tonight?

Or are we even sure if a stream will be available?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    So does any one know if any pubs in Dublin will be showing the Pats game tonight?

Or are we even sure if a stream will be available?

Cheers

McDowell's in Inchicore I reckon would be the only one

major bill wrote: »
    McDowell's in Inchicore I reckon would be the only one

Yea I heard a pub in Inchicore was showing it, but was lead to believe it was a different pub. But not sure on that.

Hoping I can find some where in the city centre. Going to ring a place or two and see. Will post back if I have any luck.

Hoping I can find some where in the city centre.
    Seems pretty unlikely - maybe ask in a Lithuanian shop? There used to be one on Talbot St or Amiens St I think. I'm sure there are others.

Just rang O'Donoghue's Bar on suffix street and he said they have loads of foreign channels and if its on that they should be able to find it.

He asked what channel it was on, but I wasn't sure.

Just rang O'Donoghue's Bar on suffix street and he said they have loads of foreign channels and if its on that they should be able to find it.

He asked what channel it was on, but I wasn't sure.

It's not available on satellite, only on terrestrial TV in Lithuania.

If any pub here has it, it will be a stream from online somewhere.

The stream on their website is back up again, but it might go down because of copyright again when the game starts. I'm going to keep the page open from now in case they are lazy and just remove the player for the game, but leave the stream running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

They've blocked it

Noooooo. LRT pulled the stream for copyright reasons.

I should have disabled javascript to stop it auto-reloading :(

C'mon Paddy power now. Please show it!

• Advertisement

I have a working stream if anyone want it, pm me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Lads, no illegal streams please..

Disaster

Defenders: We'll just stand here looking at you while you line up a shot, don't worry, we won't attempt to close you down or nothing..

Edit: Forgot about the no streams rule, sorry.

It's on Paddy Power too legally if you have a positive balance,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pats going out could mess up their league collapse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

dfx- wrote: »
    Pats going out could mess up their league collapse

There really should be a rule that Rovers fans cant be mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

1-1

Get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice!

Good goal, was it Brennan who played Byrne in, great pass!

• Advertisement

2-1 Zalgiris :(

Then the scorer almost goes and kills himself..

Advertisement