Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI in Europe 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Unlucky Drogs! Great effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Crusaders also got whacked 7-2 in Rosenborg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Crusaders also got whacked 7-2 in Rosenborg

Also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

dan1895 wrote: »
    Also?

just said also as its the other result others may be interested in

just said also as its the other result others may be interested in

Not too many whackings tonight, not yet anyway. Minsk and Gefle both scoring 5 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Pats 1-0 down.

Madworld wrote: »
    Pats 1-0 down.

45 minute again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

1 goal would see them through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

2 down :(:(

2-0 now to the Lithuanians.

Game over now. Probably just as well for Pats though. It'll allow them to concentrate on the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

2 down now...

Jesus what's happening with us

Jesus, wasn't expecting this scoreline!

They'll take the league now imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Oat23 wrote: »
    Jesus, wasn't expecting this scoreline!

They'll take the league now imo.

This could send them into decline

CSF wrote: »
    This could send them into decline

Are things really run that badly there that they depend on European runs every year?

I thought I read they had some guy who covered their losses or something?

• Advertisement

Are things really run that badly there that they depend on European runs every year?

I thought I read they had some guy who covered their losses or something?

I meant footballing decline on the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

any visual streams for the last few????????????

I meant footballing decline on the pitch

Oh :o

Junkies penalty.

2-1 Pats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

YES! C'MON YOU SAINTS!

come on, hope yez go on and get a second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭RGM

Madworld wrote: »

This has been hilarious to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Come on pats get us to extra time

disappointing to see both teams go out tonight, had high hopes for pats couldnt believe the scoreline when i came in. reckon all hopes lie with sligo now ....

reckon all hopes lie with sligo now ....

We're gonna lose too. Along with Derry.

Disappointing European year.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

On a plus note, at least we won't have to be reminded about "Irelands European Club" this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

On the plus side, it is going to be some title race

wouldnt be too defeatist i think they have a good chance. derry got the toughest draw of the lot though so im not overly confident for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Wasn't meant to be for Drogs. A sucker punch just on half time and then at the end when Drogs were throwing everything forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Alias G wrote: »
    On a plus note, at least we won't have to be reminded about "Irelands European Club" this year.

Spot the Ireland's European Club lark in the comments section of the below video..... could it be our very own D-Man!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Very, very disappointing result for Pats and a very poor performance by all accounts. Particularly disappointing given that Zalgiris are no great shakes and the next round would have been winnable too. Looking like it's going to be a very barren year on the European front for the LOI.

Hope we're not heading back to the dark old days when any kind of result against absolutely anyone was to be applauded.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hearing Sligo won't give extratime.ie space in the press box for their European game. Lot of people not happy about it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

djpbarry wrote: »
    Very, very disappointing result for Pats and a very poor performance by all accounts. Particularly disappointing given that Zalgiris are no great shakes and the next round would have been winnable too. Looking like it's going to be a very barren year on the European front for the LOI.

Hope we're not heading back to the dark old days when any kind of result against absolutely anyone was to be applauded.

The Zalgiris match was a much tougher proposition than a game against Armenian opposition who have one of the worst leagues in Europe. If they had got by the Lithuanians they would have got by the Armenians no doubt about it.

Drogs had a seriously difficult game and its beginning to show what our loss of seeding has done.

Sligo against Molde - thats a really tough draw as well. And why do LOI clubs keep shooting themselves in the foot like with this extrame.ie business. If Sligo progress I would be surprised considering Moldes recent results in the Norwegian League.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Hearing Sligo won't give extratime.ie space in the press box for their European game. Lot of people not happy about it.

Shows a lack of class from Rovers, I also thought the Shels tweet, which has since been deleted showed a lack of class.

Shows a lack of class from Rovers, I also thought the Shels tweet, which has since been deleted showed a lack of class.

What did it say?

Something along the lines of giving out about the fact that extratime weren't being given a place in the press box, ended with #ForzaMolde :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

What did it say?

Shelbourne FC (@shelsfc) tweeted at 1:18 PM on Sun, Jul 14, 2013:
    Disgraceful stuff from @sligorovers. That's no way to treat @ExtratimeNews, who give you coverage every week. Forza Molde.

Shelbourne FC (@shelsfc) tweeted at 1:18 PM on Sun, Jul 14, 2013:
    Disgraceful stuff from @sligorovers. That's no way to treat @ExtratimeNews, who give you coverage every week. Forza Molde.

Bit stupid to be using the club social media to air your own opinions but what was said is no biggie.

• Advertisement

Has now been clarified that the post was meant to be sent from a personal account from the guy who looks after the Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

The Zalgiris match was a much tougher proposition than a game against Armenian opposition who have one of the worst leagues in Europe. If they had got by the Lithuanians they would have got by the Armenians no doubt about it.
    Zalgiris look a decent side, but every goal Pats conceded was poor - very disappointing considering Pats' excellent defensive record this season (and last).

And I'm not sure I'd agree that Pyunik would be a considerably easier tie - they're a decent side and I wouldn't be surprised to see them knock out Zalgiris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

@sligorovers 4h
    @ExtratimeNews have been accredited in our reserved section on Wed. Looking forward to the most media ever attending a Rovers home game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

The Sligo Manchester United Supporters Club were out to meet Solskjaer today.995420_10151469289425807_2009782186_n.jpg
    Strange people them. Looking forward to their inevitable embarrassing banner at the game tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Has now been clarified that the post was meant to be sent from a personal account from the guy who looks after the Twitter.

Official apology on the Shels website:

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=2556

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

AgileMyth wrote: »
    The Sligo Manchester United Supporters Club were out to meet Solskjaer today.995420_10151469289425807_2009782186_n.jpg
    Strange people them. Looking forward to their inevitable embarrassing banner at the game tomorrow.

Solskjaer looks embarrassed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

major bill wrote: »
    You can actually see him cringing. There were people waiting outside the ground earlier when they trained waiting to get their Yanited tops signed. ****ing idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

See the present he gets? What's that supposed to be? A gigantic paddle? :pac:

AgileMyth wrote: »

Please don't let these people in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

major bill wrote: »
    i was thinking along the lines of awkward and a bit frightened

My neighbour was ''heading out to see Ole'' earlier. I told him training was closed and he wouldn't be allowed in.

The disappointment in his face was the highlight of my evening.

Did they really get a little plaque for Solskjaer in that picture above? :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement