Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI in Europe 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

F**king goons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

dan1895 wrote: »
    F**king goons.

I think that's Arsenal you're thinking of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

CSF wrote: »
    Please don't let these people in.

Think they have to let the opposition's manager in. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Theres another picture on Twitter of Molde's manager stopped outside the Showgrounds signing autographs for rehabs in Yanited jerseys. Weirder than the Pats fan on Sunday with his top off and the massive Chelsea FC tattoo on his back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Why are you so bleedin concerned about these "rehabs"? Fúck them, they aren't and shouldn't be your concern.

Is this match on telly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

AgileMyth wrote: »
    You can actually see him cringing. There were people waiting outside the ground earlier when they trained waiting to get their Yanited tops signed. ****ing idiots.
    Lads, he was a fairly decent footballer who happened to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Would ye get over yourselves for jaysus sake.

CSF wrote: »
    Please don't let these people in.
    Yeah, it's not like we need bums on the seats in the LOI, is it?

Is this match on telly?
    Of course not. Who would show it? RTE? Sure Home and Away is on at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Are any Europa League or Champions League games being broadcast on TV this week?

Are any Europa League or Champions League games being broadcast on TV this week?

Scratch that. Celtic's game is on BBC 2 Northern Ireland. Sky Digital Channel 142.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Trabzonspor vs Derry is on Setanta tomorrow.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Trabzonspor vs Derry is on Setanta tomorrow.

Good stuff. On the website where I usually watch my football streams on, they have Sligo Rovers vs. Molds FK listed. Not sure if I'm allowed to name the website, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

http://oceanfm.ie/

Sligo radio commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Good stuff. On the website where I usually watch my football streams on, they have Sligo Rovers vs. Molds FK listed. Not sure if I'm allowed to name the website, though.
    Is that the same one I use (Would normally get a good view:P).

Does not seem to be working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

any live streams, apart from the audio one???

I have two websites for streams. Neither of them are showing the Sligo game. It has the match listed on it, but it also says "no coverage" beside the fixture.

1-0 molde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

djpbarry wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not like we need bums on the seats in the LOI, is it?

I don't get why you're giving a serious argument against what was obviously not a serious statement. That is a tiny bit weird.

ffs ends 1-0 not going to be a good year in europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Is that the same one I use (Would normally get a good view:P).

Does not seem to be working

Front row is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

In fairness Ive been going to LOI games since 1984 and this season has witnessed the toughest draws of any year. I cant believe you would get a Norwegian and a Swedish team in a qualifying round (plus we dont have the benefit of our summer season).

Zalgiris were beatable but still tough.

Trabzonspor - forget about it. Turkish football is too good. Irish football has suffered during the recession. Although not as bad as you would expect given the country as a whole.

This year however is just a bit unfortunate and I think Irish clubs will do better in the future.

Very disappointed after that, we could have taken them. It seemed the only research done for the game was the first 45 minutes.

Why bother playing a home game if you are going to sit in your own half and let them dictate everything? The weakest part of their team is the defense, it was clear from watching them play this season. The answer? Play a formation with an isolated striker and no wingers. Why was Djilali not on the pitch from the start? I hope we have Cretaro & Greene available for the next leg.

They were given way too much respect in the first half and it cost us.

Best moment was when the CL anthem came on, the hairs on my neck stood up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Disappointed to hear the Sligo result, I fancied them to sneak a win tonight.

Not looking good for the LoI teams this year, I also fear for us away to Trazbonspr tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

I know it's not really the LOI but I can't see this going down to well in the Celtic section.

I was watching the Cliftonville - Celtic game on BBC & it must have been bloody awful for the proper Cliftonville fans sitting in the home section watching everyone around you jump up when the opposition scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Madworld wrote: »
    I know it's not really the LOI but I can't see this going down to well in the Celtic section.

I was watching the Cliftonville - Celtic game on BBC & it must have been bloody awful for the proper Cliftonville fans sitting in the home stand watching everyone around you jump up around you when the opposition scored.

To be honest most of the home fans were nearly celebrating when Celtic scored too. Didn't seem like a competitive match at all, as much as there was a gap the acceptance was there in spades. I'd walk out if that happened at the Cross.

• Advertisement

Madworld wrote: »

I was watching the Cliftonville - Celtic game on BBC & it must have been bloody awful for the proper Cliftonville fans sitting in the home stand watching everyone around you jump up around you when the opposition scored.

I'd physically feel sick if that happened at a Shels match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Most Cliftonville fans are Celtic fans anyway.

NufcNavan wrote: »

Yeap. They have a nationalist following.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

The Celtic-Cliftonville game sums up the minnowism on this Island.

Tbf though there was chanting of ''Are you DC in disguise'' and ''can ye hear the Celtic sing''

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

In fairness Ive been going to LOI games since 1984 and this season has witnessed the toughest draws of any year. I cant believe you would get a Norwegian and a Swedish team in a qualifying round (plus we dont have the benefit of our summer season)

Irish teams have regularly got Scandinavian sides from Malmo to Djurgardens to FC Copenhagen..and done decently well.

• Advertisement

dan1895 wrote: »
    I'd physically feel sick if that happened at a Shels match.

it does, every time we play a 'glamour friendly' against a man utd XI etc.

from the audio in the sligo game it seemed like they were the better side in the second half, it looked like baraclough put out a team to hold them instead of trying to win the game. dijali is a good attacking player but was only a sub i thought he was probably the best player on the pitch in tolka a couple of weeks ago.. he has to go for it now in norway and should put out a team to do just that. the commentators on several occasions pointed out how dodgy the molde defence was, a good attacking sligo can exploit that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Very disappointed after that, we could have taken them. It seemed the only research done for the game was the first 45 minutes.

Why bother playing a home game if you are going to sit in your own half and let them dictate everything? The weakest part of their team is the defense, it was clear from watching them play this season. The answer? Play a formation with an isolated striker and no wingers. Why was Djilali not on the pitch from the start? I hope we have Cretaro & Greene available for the next leg.

The biggest annoyance I'd have with that if I was Sligo fan is that really doesn't seem like the Sligo of the past couple of years to sit back and cede play. Why change it then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

it does, every time we play a 'glamour friendly' against a man utd XI etc.

from the audio in the sligo game it seemed like they were the better side in the second half, it looked like baraclough put out a team to hold them instead of trying to win the game. dijali is a good attacking player but was only a sub i thought he was probably the best player on the pitch in tolka a couple of weeks ago.. he has to go for it now in norway and should put out a team to do just that. the commentators on several occasions pointed out how dodgy the molde defence was, a good attacking sligo can exploit that.
    you must be mixing up the halfs.. we had a great second half compared to the first

ffs ends 1-0 not going to be a good year in europe.
    Rapidly heading for the worst perfomance in Europe in about 10 years.
    In fairness Ive been going to LOI games since 1984 and this season has witnessed the toughest draws of any year.
    True, but Drogs aside, the performances so far have been poor.
    Why bother playing a home game if you are going to sit in your own half and let them dictate everything?
    Maybe Baraclough was being overly cautious after the number of costly errors against Trnava last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yeap. They have a nationalist following.

I am nationalist from the North and could not give to hoots about Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Best moment was when the CL anthem came on, the hairs on my neck stood up!

Totally agree. we just were not holding on to the ball for long periods, lossing it to quickly, both in poor passing, and tackles.

I did notice the times when we did hold possession you could see the confidence rising. This was more noticable in the last 10 minutes or so, although I think you could also factor in there the introduction of Djilali, Keane, and that their own players were appearing to tire, possibly due to a slightly higher temperature that they might have been used to.

Their 27 was the real danger man, every time he got the ball he just ran through our defence, and was only a mater of time before he got on the score sheet.

And yes, hearing the Champions League theme tune was pretty amazing, was feeling slightly emotional at that point.

Today the voice is gone, am feeling the beers that I had afterwards, hopefully we can get something out of next week, and get another couple of home games out of it.

Any ideas if any of the pubs next week are showing the match, I'm hearing Connollys, although if it is being televised at all, I would assume Fiddlers, being one of the sponsors would have it.

The Norwegians I spoke to yesterday said it was on TV over there so should be widely available. Connollys, Foleys, The Ship, Mooneys and probably Fiddlers would show it.

Disappointed we didn't get something out of the game. Molde have a good group of players but they're nothing spectacular. Their tactics remind me of Pete Mahon's Pats team. Lump it up and hope it falls in front of your good winger.

I was happy enough with the team selection yesterday. Djiali is returning from injury and not quite right yet, which is why he has started the last two on the bench. He should start next week. David McMillan looks the business but needs some time up front. Would love to have Green or Raf back for next week.

I am nationalist from the North and could not give to hoots about Celtic

Good for you.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    And Cliftonville players. They're happy enough to be out as it means Celtic go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

And Cliftonville players. They're happy enough to be out as it means Celtic go through.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure a few of them would've liked to have gone through.

Bonuses, possible transfers, (semi-)professional pride.

And I doubt they're all Celtic fans.

Cliftonville don't limit their selection of players to one community.

• Advertisement

The Norwegians I spoke to yesterday said it was on TV over there so should be widely available. Connollys, Foleys, The Ship, Mooneys and probably Fiddlers would show it.

I don't think it has been picked up yet. I've checked TV guides and it isn't listed for any channel.

Yeah, they're more than happy to lose out on all that money just so their favourite team can get knocked out by the big guns of Europe in the group stages.

To quote one of their players: 'Mixed feelings, want to progress but want to see Celtic do well again' Nothing professional about that. Semi or otherwise.

To quote one of their players: 'Mixed feelings, want to progress but want to see Celtic do well again' Nothing professional about that. Semi or otherwise.

To quote another of their players yesterday after the game, "yeah all my family were here but they were drinking all day so I'd say a few of them won't remember anything":D

dfx- wrote: »
    Irish teams have regularly got Scandinavian sides from Malmo to Djurgardens to FC Copenhagen..and done decently well.

Err Malmo was this year:confused: Lost to Copenhagen ( think) and beat Djurgardens (was at the home and away leg - brilliant city team).

Whats crazy though is that and this was my main point is that its a first qualifying round. You should be getting fairly easy games not Norwegain and Swedish ( a former UEFA Cup winner) and Turkish teams. I would like to see better leagues than the LOI come out of that mix unscathed.

I'm not really sure what the standard is like these days in the LOI but I know one thing I would not judge them by these results. Its a pity we did not get a better mixture of teams.

Anyway, back to LoI in Europe, lets get chatting about Derry tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

NIMAN wrote: »
    Anyway, back to LoI in Europe, lets get chatting about Derry tonight!

Many Derry fans head over? Cant see Derry getting anything out of this leg.

Anybody remember this ?

There is a part 4 as well

If I remember Bray lost 2-0 in Turkey.

Turkish football has improved massively since. There is no comparison between then and now.

Derry one down after ten mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

We're 2-0 down, hopefully the home leg won't be a mere formality by the end of it.

Advertisement