Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI in Europe 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

2-1, great goal!

Derry equalise, soft goal! C'MON CITY!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't think it was soft, he placed it well. We will tire but you just never know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Forgot about the match until I read this thread. 2 away goals. Brilliant.

Derry OG:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Jaysus!! I just went to get a beer and its 2 all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

3-2 to the Turks now.

2 very soft goals conceded. Poor. Get to half time now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Have faith lads. I couldn't believe the comeback, I was fully expecting a tanking after their 2 early goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

2 away goals is superb, 3-2 would be a fantastic result to bring back to the Brandywell

On a side note Linfield currently winning 1-0 in Greece with 55 Mins gone, for a team that didnt win an away match in europe since 1966 they looking at 2 on the trot this year

• Advertisement

Turk goal ruled out for Offside

Another soft goal conceded. We are gifting them goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

AgileMyth wrote: »
    To quote one of their players: 'Mixed feelings, want to progress but want to see Celtic do well again' Nothing professional about that. Semi or otherwise.

I would love to see the source for that. The UUP?

On a side note Malmo have won 2-0 and Zalgiris are up 2-0 with 8 mins to go

4-2, it will be tough next week as Traz will probably score but its not dead just yet.

NIMAN wrote: »
    4-2, it will be tough next week as Traz will probably score but its not dead just yet.
    I hate staring at livescore for 90 mins

BTW Zalgiris won that match 2-0

Derry have a tough ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I would love to see the source for that. The UUP?
    Twitter of course. Where footballers are allowed to, but never should, voice their opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

All the way to Trabzon, all the way to Trabzon.
    All the way to Trabzooooooon! To see a Drawda flag.
    To see a Drawda flag!

946284_560183307372633_364341535_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Derry game in full on Setanta Ireland now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Err Malmo was this year:confused: Lost to Copenhagen ( think) and beat Djurgardens (was at the home and away leg - brilliant city team).

Cork played Malmo in 2004 and beat them 4-1, Derry played Gothenburg too, Rovers played Djurgardens as well and lost back in the day in 2003ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

dfx- wrote: »
    Cork played Malmo in 2004 and beat them 4-1...
    That was the Inter-Two-Bob though, to be fair.

Cork played Malmo in 2004 and beat them 4-1, Derry played Gothenburg too, Rovers played Djurgardens as well and lost back in the day in 2003ish.

and beat them home and away.:cool:

Ah, the memories..... 2006, what a great season.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Just a few notes on a few posts back about sitting back against Molde.

What would people be saying if we'd went out in the first half and attacked, and went in 2-0 down? We conceded a poxy goal, but 1-0 down going over there is definitely do-able.

Forgat that about Malmo and I'm a City fan and was at the match! :o

Any Drogs fans planning on a trip to the Brandywell on Thur night to support their 'other' team?

Any Drogs fans planning on a trip to the Brandywell on Thur night to support their 'other' team?
    Explain that one to me, did they "host" the scouts or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Few of them going up. From what I know its mostly the lads that are banned from United Park along with a few others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Draws made for the 3rd qualifying of the Europa and Champions league, any chance of any of the LOI sides reaching them?

Europa League

Dinamo Minsk or Lokomotiva v Trabzonspor or Derry City

Champions League

Sligo Rovers or Molde v The New Saints or Legia Warsaw

Fitzo wrote: »
    Just a few notes on a few posts back about sitting back against Molde.

What would people be saying if we'd went out in the first half and attacked, and went in 2-0 down? We conceded a poxy goal, but 1-0 down going over there is definitely do-able.

Its definatly doable with a totally different approach. Play the way we did in their own ground, and it could be alot worse that 1-0.

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Draws made for the 3rd qualifying of the Europa and Champions league, any chance of any of the LOI sides reaching them?

Europa League

Dinamo Minsk or Lokomotiva v Trabzonspor or Derry City

Champions League

Sligo Rovers or Molde v The New Saints or Legia Warsaw

As much as I would love to be wrong, don't think we will have to worry about the next round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Its definatly doable with a totally different approach. Play the way we did in their own ground, and it could be alot worse that 1-0.

If we had played more attacking at the Showgrounds it would have been worse than 1-0 we'd have lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Of course it is, but I think people need to be realistic as to what we were expected to do in the first leg. It's a step into the unknown, we couldn't go out and attack them in the first half like we did in the second, even if we did give them a bit too much respect. Any European team worth their salt will crucify an LOI team with swift counters.

We're now going out to Molde with nothing to lose, and although it would have been preferable to have kept them scoreless, we're at the very worst still in the tie and have 90 minutes to force a result. Score an early goal out there and it's an entirely different game.

I'd much rather how it is now than having gone out and beat them into ground in the first half to concede two or three goals on a counter.

In relation to Sligos away match to Molde. Anyone have any updates if match being televised tomorrow night, or being shown in any of the pubs around Sligo?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Fitzo wrote: »
    Of course it is, but I think people need to be realistic as to what we were expected to do in the first leg. It's a step into the unknown, we couldn't go out and attack them in the first half like we did in the second, even if we did give them a bit too much respect. Any European team worth their salt will crucify an LOI team with swift counters.

Shouldn't LOI sides be looking past this sort of fear of the unknown at this stage?

Partizan looked a million dollars in Tallaght until Rovers attacked them in the second half, same with Copenhagen, albeit in the first half of that one.

Sligo's record in Europe is shocking the past couple of years, not surprising they put in a weak performance against Molde,

Ive seeing worse LOI teams over the years putting European sides to the sword.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

major bill wrote: »
    Sligo's record in Europe is shocking the past couple of years, not surprising they put in a weak performance against Molde,

Ive seeing worse LOI teams over the years putting European sides to the sword.

In our defence we've entered at later rounds than most other Irish teams each year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Our only poor performance in Europe was the Vlaznia game. Though that was the worst Rovers performance I've ever seen.

There was no weak performance against Molde.

Shouldn't LOI sides be looking past this sort of fear of the unknown at this stage?

Partizan looked a million dollars in Tallaght until Rovers attacked them in the second half, same with Copenhagen, albeit in the first half of that one.

I have to agree with this. When I think of the great teams city got by in Europe or should I say they looked "great" at the start. But run at them, attack them or get a goal early on and its often funny how they just collapse.

Molde a goal up after 5 minutes.

Listening to radio sounds like rovers have had several shots since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Molde a goal up after 5 minutes.

Listening to radio sounds like rovers have had several shots since.

That match is streamed live.

• Advertisement

That match is streamed live.

I know, but of any steam found either advert taking up most of screen, or page reloads into another ad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Some tackle by Keane there, thought Molde had a second.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Some tackle by Keane there, thought Molde had a second.

Heard that. Found a stream since, looking better than last week so far in first half despite goal. Can they get the two do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

If they can get that goal they are well in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Make a fuucking sub Baraclough :mad:

Elding is not giving much up front.

Cretaro will add much needed impetus.

Cretaro will add much needed impetus.

25 minutes enough tine though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

All over bar the shouting.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Game over now

• Advertisement
Advertisement