Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI in Europe 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

2-0

Game over.

Sligo unfortunate not to have a fully fit North and Cretaro to go to war with.

Without those 2 they lack that cutting edge to compliment their possession game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Sligo unfortunate not to have a fully fit North and Cretaro to go to war with.

Without those 2 they lack that cutting edge to compliment their possession game.
    You can add Green and Davoren to that. Such a season for injuries. Every time a player does well for three or four games he gets injured.

Molde were the better side but we could have beaten them if we'd had a bit of luck. Wonder what we could do with similar investment.

Raf and Djialli on the wings on Saturday should be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

No TV coverage of the Derry game tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

No TV coverage of the Derry game tonight?

It's tomorrow and it's live on Setanta Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

If Joey tries to take another corner I am going to have to go onto the pitch and take the ball from him.

It's ridiculous how long it has gone on. Who knows what would have happened if a few of the 7/8 corners we had were put in for Peers & McMillan to attack with their head. Let Djilali take them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Oat23 wrote: »
    If Joey tries to take another corner I am going to have to go onto the pitch and take the ball from him.

It's ridiculous how long it has gone on. Who knows what would have happened if a few of the 7/8 corners we had were put in for Peers & McMillan to attack with their head. Let Djilali take them.
    Mental that. Two Mcmillans, Peers and Elding all in the box. Let Djilali take the corners and we'll score as often as not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What time is kick off tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Zalgiris who beat Pats have progressed against Pyunik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,974 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got cork city to the champions league ground stage in football manager 2013. The real time editor helped though lol. Played my group matches in Pairc Ui Rinn cause Turners Cross was too small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Played my group matches in Pairc Ui Rinn cause

never realised there was that option.

got cork city to the champions league ground stage in football manager 2013. The real time editor helped though lol. Played my group matches in Pairc Ui Rinn cause Turners Cross was too small

Frank Murphy says No.

I call it Flower Lodge. Damn you AOH and GAA and your robbery and sneaky ways.

At least Drogs gave Malmo a game and actually played well.

Hibs have been utter tosh.

The gap between Scottish football (outside old firm)and Irish closes every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Mickey mouse goal

Monty Pyton stuff

• Advertisement

Terrible defending.

Not for the 1st time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Terrible stuff.

On a Nicer note, Hibs getting thumped 7-0 by Malmo at home :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,974 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

never realised there was that option.
    In the full time editor you can create a statium. For Cork City actually they play there later champions leauge football in Dublin Harristown Statium and Swords stadium.

I just edited the statiums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Hibs taking the spanking Drogs were expected to get vs Malmo

• Advertisement

markc1184 wrote: »
    Hibs taking the spanking Drogs were expected to get vs Malmo

Not surprising Fenlon is in charge

shocking record

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

major bill wrote: »
    Not surprising Fenlon is in charge

shocking record

I'd doubt Fenlon's Shels would of lost to Malmo 7-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The gap between Scottish football (outside old firm)and Irish closes every year.
    What are you smoking?

Celtic made the last 16 of the Champions League last season. St. Johnstone have just knocked out Rosenborg.

What are you smoking?

Celtic made the last 16 of the Champions League last season. St. Johnstone have just knocked out Rosenborg.

Just a heads up. Celtic are one of two sides called the old firm.

Either that or you can't read.

Just not in mood for crap right now especially from poster who need to sit back and read a post properly before making himself look stupid.

With Derry losing, Ireland will have the worst performing league in all of Europe this year, even worse than Andorra and San Marino.

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/ccoef2014.html

Just a heads up. Celtic are one of two sides called the old firm.

Either that or you can't read.

Just not in mood for crap right now especially from poster who need to sit back and read a post properly before making himself look stupid.
    St Johnstone have knocked out Rosenborg and Irish teams are the worst performing in Europe - who is looking stupid now?

dan1895 wrote: »
    I'd doubt Fenlon's Shels would of lost to Malmo 7-0.

Fenlons Bohs (A much better side than his Shels teams) lost 4-0 to TNS so i wouldnt write it off.

He'l be sacked by september

With Derry losing, Ireland will have the worst performing league in all of Europe this year, even worse than Andorra and San Marino.

Derry and Sligo both entered the competitions at a later stage due to successes of Irish teams over the last ten years or so. Hardly a fair comparison.

St Johnstone have knocked out Rosenborg and Irish teams are the worst performing in Europe - who is looking stupid now?

Oh wow. One result makes a summer.

Hibs lost 9-0 on aggregate Drogs 2-0 to same team.

Jog along

Fenlons Bohs (A much better side than his Shels teams)

Don't know about that now.
    Anyway, both sh*te now.

• Advertisement

Clubs from Andorra and San Marino were knocked out before Irish clubs even entered. Do you know how co-efficients work by any chance?

All I need to hear is that Northern Ireland clubs are on par with Greek clubs and I will have heard it all for one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thats about right , us (St pats ) being **** at home really cost us any sort of points.

Kinda sad that in defeat we are still Irelands European Club.......sadly this years its by virtue of goals scored and an away point.

We are **** in Europe....summer football my arse. Pats glossing over it for 7 years and Rovers well less said about them in Europe the better.

pro ball will win it back in our favour but its unsustainable in this league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

LOI teams got sh*t luck this year. All got very tough draws and only Pats were favourites (only slightly) in their respective ties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Can we ban the phrase Ireland's European Club please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

NufcNavan wrote: »
    LOI teams got sh*t luck this year. All got very tough draws and only Pats were favourites (only slightly) in their respective ties.

have to disagree, with the exception of derry the others got teams that were beatable imo it just so happened that our teams didnt do the job on the night.

I would not expect a Irish team to beat the top teams from Norway or Sweden. Give them a game maybe and with bit of luck nick it but if you honestly think Irish teams should be beating them you your head examined.

Of course when you look at crowds they get with similar population etc it's tad embarrassing but that's another discussion entirely done to death on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

have to disagree, with the exception of derry the others got teams that were beatable imo it just so happened that our teams didnt do the job on the night.
    You're talking out of your arse.

I think you are dead right. Although there has been a fall off in quality in the LOI in the last few years. It is ironic that that the teams we faced in the first round were harder than the teams we would have got if we had gotten through. Crazy really.
    NufcNavan wrote: »
    You're talking out of your arse.

We have beaten bigger and better teams in the last ten years not only in Ireland but also abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

We have beaten bigger and better teams in the last ten years not only in Ireland but also abroad.
    The odds were stacked against Irish teams this year. Sligo and Drogs competed and gave good accounts of themselves - that's all you can ask. Realistically, it would have taken a poor performance from Malmo/Molde to see Sligo/Drogs progress. Scandinavian sides are going to beat Irish sides more often than not.

Pats ****ed up, but you couldn't really say the same about Sligo, Drogs or Derry - they were all underdogs. That said, the overall record this year was disappointing:

P | W | D | L | F | A
    8 | 0 | 2 | 6 | 5 | 16

This years draw was the toughest in the last few years, Yes we have beaten teams ''just as good'' over the years but thats when the standard of football here was at a very good level.

Looking at the Hibs/Malmo result shows how well Drogheda done against them which I wouldnt class as a disapointment in any sense.

Our glory years in europe I think are over.

Only Pats were expected to get through and they were only slight favourites.

Countries have good and bad years in Europe.

I be worried if it was happening for 3/4 years and playing teams from nations with seemingly poorer or our level.

Norway, Sweden and particularly Turkey are couple steps up from LOI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Zalgris easily the "best" team we have ever played in that round.

reduced us to nothing in the home leg, got their tactics spot on. After 30 minutes I knew we we ****ed. An away draw is LOIs highlight this year.

Just hope all the LOI managers that were there dont copy it.

djpbarry wrote: »
    That said, the overall record this year was disappointing:

P | W | D | L | F | A
    8 | 0 | 2 | 6 | 5 | 16

That's not the record of a league gaining ground on non Old Firm Scottish sides tbh.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    That's not the record of a league gaining ground on non Old Firm Scottish sides tbh.

Both Leagues are ****e end of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Only Pats were expected to get through and they were only slight favourites.

Countries have good and bad years in Europe.

I be worried if it was happening for 3/4 years and playing teams from nations with seemingly poorer or our level.

Norway, Sweden and particularly Turkey are couple steps up from LOI

They are much better promoted domestically, I suppose.

This years draw was the toughest in the last few years, Yes we have beaten teams ''just as good'' over the years but thats when the standard of football here was at a very good level.
    I don't think the standard has fallen all that much. It's just that LOI fans can't be expecting LOI sides to be knocking out the likes of Malmo and Molde on a regular basis. Those clubs are far better resourced, with far larger attendances, than any club in Ireland.
    Looking at the Hibs/Malmo result shows how well Drogheda done against them which I wouldnt class as a disapointment in any sense.
    I wouldn't be reading into that Hibs result too much - it was a one off.

Besides, the SPL is hardly something the LOI should be aspiring to.
    Our glory years in europe I think are over.
    Not necessarily. It's all about the luck of the draw.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Zalgris easily the "best" team we have ever played in that round.

reduced us to nothing in the home leg, got their tactics spot on.
    Pats weren't at the races in either leg though, to be fair (based on what I saw). Every goal they conceded was poor. But then, Pats were due a poor European showing.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I didn't suggest that it was?

djpbarry wrote: »
    I didn't suggest that it was?

No, I know. You didn't, but The Kew Tour did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement