Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet location for informal meeting in city centre?

Options
  • 13-06-2013 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm looking for a quiet place to do an audio recorded interview around Dame Street/Christchurch or any other city centre-ish location south of the Liffey. Needs to be very little background noise to make for a good recording, so no loud music/tv screens or nowhere overly busy (it'll be a Monday evening/night). I'm thinking a hotel lobby or a late coffee place... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Did you try Jury's Inn Christchurch? They have a bar downstairs, which should meet your requirements. Did some interviews there myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Cup of coffee in any hotel lobby.

Specifically, I would suggest the Mont Claire or the Davenport by Merrion Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

The Library Bar sounds like exactly what you're after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Gar from Thomas House on Thomas Street. We have a back bar that is usually closed during the week. You are more than welcome to use it. mail me at mahbrain@gmail.com

Advertisement