Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking in cork university hospital

Options
  • 13-06-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

i am working in cork university hospital in july.
    i understand staff parking is hard to come by in the hospital.
    Anywhere nearby one can park?
    I think the wilton shopping centre is only 3 hours, i would need 8am-6pm parking.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Best bet is to pick a quiet housing estate within a 5/10min walk and don't bother with a disc

Council parking enforcers tend to stick to a few key areas where they're guaranteed to find cars with no parking disc or tax disc
    (City centre and the immediate area around the two colleges and hospitals)

As most people are out at work you won't really be intruding on someone's parking space

Don't even consider using the shopping centre, they employ a private clamping company who are on the lookout for people parking there and heading over to the hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Maybe you should go and have a chat to security in CUH. They might swipe your carpark ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bofinfan

Could advertise to rent a parking spot in a nearby estate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Maybe you should go and have a chat to security in CUH. They might swipe your carpark ticket.

when we were in the CUMH my husband never paid for parking, one of the nurses told him take it to the desk and they'd validate it for us. so we just parked in the pay parking (we were in a rush to get me in there :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Best bet is to pick a quiet housing estate within a 5/10min walk and don't bother with a disc

Council parking enforcers tend to stick to a few key areas where they're guaranteed to find cars with no parking disc or tax disc
    (City centre and the immediate area around the two colleges and hospitals)
    l

My family home is behind the hospital and there was a lot of hassle when cumh was being built. People were parking everywhere and it got out of hand. Cars were blocked front and back and not released for hours, sometimes not till the next morning. Guards were called and wouldnt get involved as i reckon they understood the residents. There was a few tyres that got deflated and eventually slashed.
    We eventually got in disc parking and its working well. The warden is there 3/4 times a week and i wouldnt fancy my chances. I need to use the drive if im there now as my car isnt registered there so i xant get a permit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Staff of CUH can use the car park of nearby Highfield Rugby Club. You don't need a staff swipe - maybe you need to give security the reg number of your car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I can tell you that unfortunately they don't do this.

Also I wouldn't recommend parking in estates. Used to live in one myself that was about 5 mins from the hospital. The parking warden was around all the time. We used to see him about 3 or 4 times a week.

Highfield park is probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Don't even consider using the shopping centre, they employ a private clamping company who are on the lookout for people parking there and heading over to the hospital

Absolutely. I had to go to CUH last week myself and I parked in the shopping centre (I knew I would only be there 2 hours max.) and I saw a car close by with a great big clamp on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Denise2012

Cuh have staff parking in highfield rugby club and in bishopstown Gaa pitch. When you start work you will be given a I.D card to acces certain staff areas when you get this mention to the officer that you drive to work and they will issue you with a car sticker that you can use for either of the places mentioned. While you are waiting for your I.D pop a note on your car window saying waiting for ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭newbie13

is there any updates on cheap or free parking around CUH Outpatient department. Need to drive down tomorrow afternoon ,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

I've parked in Wilton 4 times in the last couple of months with no problems. I was always less than 3 hours though, and took the precaution of walking in to the centre first.
    Also, I made sure to park away from the hospital side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Park on the tesco side, walk through the centre, walk over to the hospital. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Get the bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Zooouma

Is it still free to park in Highfield if I have a sticker?

Advertisement