Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scope help

• 13-06-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

so i just got an aimpoint red dot scope as my first dot site
    when i mounted it on to my jg g36c the red dot scope was too big and you can barely see the iron sights on it so i dont know how i can work things out
    any help appreciated
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

so i just got an aimpoint red dot scope as my first dot site
    when i mounted it on to my jg g36c the red dot scope was too big and you can barely see the iron sights on it so i dont know how i can work things out
    any help appreciated
    thanks

Thats fairly normal if i understood you correctly, your iron sights in the real world of shooting are a back up should your optic fail, so it is a case of simply removing your dot sight and using your irons.

You can get optics that can be zeroed or co-witnessed with your iron sights but this depends on the height of sight apatures, some irons may be too low to co-witness and vice versa then with optics being too high or low.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 irishdude00

ok thanks for the advice i lowered the little dot but the still when the dot was at the very bottom of the scope it would still not match the iron sights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

ok thanks for the advice i lowered the little dot but the still when the dot was at the very bottom of the scope it would still not match the iron sights

I think you misunderstood Southern Dandy there. He means that Your rds doesn't have to line up perfectly with your iron sights. All you do is look at the red dot and shoot because it's essentially lined up once you zero it in properly. G36 iron sights are very low so you'll never be able to line it up.
    Hope this helps :)

you mean just sort of judge it in a sense ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

you mean just sort of judge it in a sense ?

Not really, set up a target about 20m away and take some shots at it with the way that you would shoulder the gun normally. Look through your rds and adjust it until the BB's hit where the dot is aimed. Do this at whatever your standard engagement distance is.
    Also, make sure your hop is set to whatever you like it at.

• Advertisement

ah ok i see
    i was actually thinking of adjusting the hop up myself

Advertisement