Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Listen, this thread is a "free for all". If you heard it over the feeds then go ahead and tell everyone about it.
    If you have a suggestion or comment you want to post, go ahead.

lots of people use this and the "flight radar" thread to catchup on the days goings on without having to listen back to the archives.

Too much of Boards.ie is policed by high horse up there own arse brigades, dont let it happen here.

Enjoying all your company on this thread since it started, keep it up.

bikeman1 wrote: »
    I sincerely apologise for "hijacking" the thread at one point last night. I am sorry you had to read through it all and could not simply skip past it or not read it if you didn't want to.

My view on it. Sometimes I can't get onto FR24 and live ATC all the time to see and hear what is going on. So what I do is log on here and see what has happened at the airports. This is possible because posters put up what they see and hear, which is great.

Don't read the thread if you don't like it.

Thanks to the guys who post here and those who provide the radars for FR24 and the feeds for LiveATC who make it happen.

I would hazzard a guess that a lot of people where happy to read your posts, you hijacked nothing your welcome here.

keith16 wrote: »
    I would like to apologise for posting invalid comments.

Yeah your more than welcome too:D

pfurey101 wrote: »
    ATTN Mods or thread owner:

I used to follow this and the FR24 thread until they were hijacked by excessive and very excitable running commentaries by those all watching and listening to the same events. This hijacking also involves multiple postings of the same occurence within seconds of each posting.

These commentaries have considerably watered down all valid comments, suggestions, tricks, shortcutst and observations that were always of use and most welcome.

Would it be possible to set up a type of "Live Commentary" thread as there is a need for it. This is my tuppence contribution FWIW, as it's a pity that one has to wade through pages of postings to find postings not about windy landings and go arounds.

I'll also be posting this in the FR24 thread.

Cheers

Your total input to the Aviation and Aircraft forum is listed below.

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL.

ATTN Mods or thread owner: I used to follow this and the FR24 thread until they were hijacked by excessive and very excitable running commentaries by those all watching and listening to the same events. This hijacking also involves multiple postings of the same occurence within seconds of each post

9 hours, 21 minutes in Aviation & Aircraft by pfurey101 1,053 Replies 44,132 Views

Flightradar24 Thread

ATTN Mods or thread owner: I used to follow this and the LiveATC thread until they were hijacked by excessive and very excitable running commentaries by those all watching and listening to the same events. This hijacking also involves multiple postings of the same occurence within seconds of each p

9 hours, 22 minutes in Aviation & Aircraft by pfurey101 2,228 Replies 110,373 Views 3 Thanks

Flightradar24 Thread

It looks like this thread is drifting away from what I'd imagine it was supposed to be for. I know most of you are looking at FR24 but a running commentary going on - and lasting for pages! Oh well

1 month in Aviation & Aircraft by pfurey101 2,228 Replies 71,979 Views

Flightradar24 Thread

Could have been the curry

1 month, 1 week in Aviation & Aircraft by pfurey101 2,228 Replies 63,185 Views 1 Thank

Flightradar24 Thread

RTE ffs! "..........and causing major travel disruption.........." And they show one auld one lying on some seats

1 month, 1 week in Aviation & Aircraft by pfurey101 2,228 Replies 56,834 Views 1 Thank

Flightradar24 Thread

I cant make out what he's trying to sell to the kid

1 month, 3 weeks in Aviation & Aircraft by pfurey101 2,228 Replies 15,302 Views

Flightradar24 Thread

Not you Vuzuggu but thats brilliant, now there are at least 2 in the Dublin area. The more we have the better-er the plots

2 months, 1 week in Aviation & Aircraft by pfurey101 2,228 Replies 10,083 Views

Flightradar24 Thread

Theres a young lad on the south side of Dublin now with an FR24 MLAT receiver and feeds the DUB area. FR24 supply these boxes after they audit your location, view and hardware. PlanePlotter is still required for even more MLAT plots

2 months, 2 weeks in Aviation & Aircraft by pfurey101 2,228 Replies 9,410 Views 2 Thanks

Flightradar24 Thread

There have been a few ICE in over the last few weeks

3 months, 3 weeks in Aviation & Aircraft by pfurey101 2,228 Replies 3,401 Views 1 Thank

Flightradar24 Thread

Too many blocked flights and flip all military, still tis a handy yoke on the iPhone and has worked well over the last few weeks. I hope PlanePlotter doesn't start restricting their MLATs....or maybe they are already :eek

3 months, 3 weeks in Aviation & Aircraft by pfurey101 2,228 Replies 3,147 Views

Blue Max -WW1 Aviation Film

I remember walking home from the shops and seeing the dogfight in action - smoke trails and the works. Poor me, what a fright I got!

3 months, 3 weeks in Aviation & Aircraft by pfurey101 22 Replies 180 Views 1 Thank

Dublin Airport Spotters

He's only a little fella standing on the fence.:rolleyes

5 months, 1 week in Aviation & Aircraft by pfurey101 1,171 Replies 143,769 Views 1 Thanks.

Maybe you should get more involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Mech1 wrote: »
    Listen, this thread is a "free for all". If you heard it over the feeds then go ahead and tell everyone about it.
    If you have a suggestion or comment you want to post, go ahead.

lots of people use this and the "flight radar" thread to catchup on the days goings on without having to listen back to the archives.

Too much of Boards.ie is policed by high horse up there own arse brigades, dont let it happen here.

Enjoying all your company on this thread since it started, keep it up.

No problem with any of that, it was just a suggestion. Its a pity all the good stuff is getting lost in amongst windy landings and go arounds. Although these commentaries do seem to quiten down during school time.

Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

pfurey101 wrote: »
    No problem with any of that, it was just a suggestion. Its a pity all the good stuff is getting lost in amongst windy landings and go arounds. Although these commentaries do seem to quiten down during school time.

Enjoy.

Have you reported any posts you feel are dragging threads off topic?

Can you provide links to any of the posts you would like to see more of?

What exactly are LiveATC / FR24 "tricks"?

Do you in fact have *any* valid, constructive criticism? :mad:

The A & A forum would be very quiet without casual posters whom the more knowledgeable posters do a great job interacting with / encouraging.

There is nothing stopping you starting a thread for technical discussion only. None of the kids will bother you in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

"loove that stand!"
    "yeah its a good one"

Missed what stand he was goign to exactly. Anybody want to explain? Sounded like sarcasm to me. Could have been stand A4? wasnt really paying attention though.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

oak5548 wrote: »
    "loove that stand!"
    "yeah its a good one"

Missed what stand he was goign to exactly. Anybody want to explain? Sounded like sarcasm to me. Could have been stand A4? wasnt really paying attention though.

was it 114L, was the same half heard it

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

It's the excitable comments that keep this thread alive and I for one welcome them. This thread would have died off a long time ago it is was not for them. I love the fact that people who do not work in the airport or aviation get excited at it all and it's great that those of us who a lucky enough to work here have somewhere to see the interest out there and answer questions if we can.

This is a great thread and long may it last!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

It's the excitable comments that keep this thread alive and I for one welcome them. This thread would have died off a long time ago it is was not for them. I love the fact that people who do not work in the airport or aviation get excited at it all and it's great that those of us who a lucky enough to work here have somewhere to see the interest out there and answer questions if we can.

This is a great thread and long may it last!

I completely agree.

My position in DUB allows me great access to information which I know is invaluable for "aerosexuals" alike.

I post information as it happens so others can be aware and follow the event unfolding. I'm generally working and busy when I post so I only get a quick chance to post and then I'm back at it.
    The last thing I want is to go through all the different threads trying to pick the one that suits best and not offend anyone. I just wouldn't have the time.

Let's just enjoy it for what it is.. Aerosexuality is a life choice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭windowspotter

Just for reference the feed seems a little hit and miss at the moment. Sometimes breaking down, got a few minutes of just hiss there also, sound quality varying every couple of mins also.

All of the above just an observation, you're doing a great job regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Just for reference the feed seems a little hit and miss at the moment. Sometimes breaking down, got a few minutes of just hiss there also, sound quality varying every couple of mins also.

All of the above just an observation, you're doing a great job regardless

i might venture a guess and say snow isnt great for picking up VHF etc, so id say its more the atmospherics at the min..(total guess though)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭windowspotter

You could be right there

I'm not at home to check but nothing"should" have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I was listening earlier (around 2015 to 2045) while driving through Kildare in snow showers. Quality was perfect except for the open mic on 121.8 which is nothing to do with the feed.

Feed gone down for anyone else?

EDIT: Seems ok now. Carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Back up now. Good work Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

Feed gone down for anyone else?

EDIT: Seems ok now. Carry on.

Receiving loud and clear

ShanE90 wrote: »
    Receiving loud and clear

Affirm. Continue to monitor boards decimal India Echo.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

It's an interesting evening here in the airport.....Lots of go arounds, Ryanair not going anywhere and gusts of over 60knts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

351 listeners!!!!!!!

Current Top 50 LiveATC.net Feeds

Feed Rank Listeners Feed Description City State/Province Country Tune In
    1 351 EIDW Del/Gnd/Twr/App/Center Dublin Ireland Listen to EIDW Del/Gnd/Twr/App/Center
    2 58 EIDW Tower Dublin Ireland Listen to EIDW Tower
    3 58 EIDW Twr/App/Center/FIS Dublin Ireland

Looks like the Antenna lives to see another storm! Worst of it seems to have passed.

I'm really glad that battered old Discone is gone off the roof.

Never mind the quality of reception on the D777 antenna, its obviously strong enough to do the job as well.

Im gonna give the current ATIS a quick broadcast in a few min, dont panic.

I was listening on my phone as that ATIS was broadcast feed is currently running about five seconds behind "live"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

An interesting day for the feed today.

Amidst the weather and the go-arounds, I heard an ambulance called to a Ryanair flight on stand 123 around 1730h. When the ambulance left he spoke to ground and said the now had a 'little miracle" which I can only assume means a newborn. Congrats to mother!! (assuming I'm right). I'd say it was a panic and the weather took second place.

crosstownk wrote: »

Amidst the weather and the go-arounds, I heard an ambulance called to a Ryanair flight on stand 123 around 1730h. When the ambulance left he spoke to ground and said the now had a 'little miracle" which I can only assume means a newborn. Congrats to mother!! (assuming I'm right). I'd say it was a panic and the weather took second place.

I heard something about an ambulance too; pretty cool if you're right. Want to post on the flight radar thread too?

crosstownk wrote: »

Absolutely madness if true? Isn't flying prohibited if you are over 6 months pregnant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Absolutely madness if true? Isn't flying prohibited if you are over 6 months pregnant?

Depends on the airline. Different airlines have different policies.

• Advertisement

Foggy43 wrote: »
    Depends on the airline. Different airlines have different policies.

RYR policy -

"Once an uncomplicated pregnancy enters its 28th week, expectant mothers are required to carry a 'fit to fly' letter completed by their midwife/doctor.

For uncomplicated pregnancies travel is not permitted beyond the following dates:

For an uncomplicated single pregnancy, travel is not permitted beyond the end of the 36th week of pregnancy
    For an uncomplicated twins, triplets etc. pregnancy, travel is not permitted beyond the end of the 32nd week of pregnancy."

Advertisement