Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

fr336 wrote: »
    RYR policy -

"Once an uncomplicated pregnancy enters its 28th week, expectant mothers are required to carry a 'fit to fly' letter completed by their midwife/doctor.

For uncomplicated pregnancies travel is not permitted beyond the following dates:

For an uncomplicated single pregnancy, travel is not permitted beyond the end of the 36th week of pregnancy
    For an uncomplicated twins, triplets etc. pregnancy, travel is not permitted beyond the end of the 32nd week of pregnancy."

Ah ok, 36 weeks is late enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

keith16 wrote: »
    Absolutely madness if true? Isn't flying prohibited if you are over 6 months pregnant?
    I think a letter from a Doctor will do the trick. That's what Mrs. crosstownk thinks.

EDIT: I didn't see the new page with similar responses.

I heard something about an ambulance too; pretty cool if you're right. Want to post on the flight radar thread too?

I don't see the connection with FR24 as I was driving and only listening to Pat's feed but feel free to copy and paste my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

crosstownk wrote: »
    I don't see the connection with FR24 as I was driving and only listening to Pat's feed but feel free to copy and paste my post.

Ah I just thought it'd be of interest there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,096 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Heard that conversation about the "little miracle " myself. Going by the tone of the conversation it's more likely that someone complained about being seriously unwell but suddenly felt a whole load better once the paramedics turned up with their ECG machine and their needles. Some sort of little miracle you could say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

It's wasn't a baby........more like a miracle recovery.

It's looking like it going to be another interesting day here in the airport. Another big wind is coming, so met are saying anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Sticky mic in Op's is gonna get someone red faced someday.

Heard a few calls to 'Station' on Mech's feed today - who is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Station could be any aircraft, or all stations is when the ATC is transmitting to everybody on the frequency.

Say if the ATC didn't hear your call sign on your transmission, they would say station calling say again your call sign.
    cheers

• Advertisement

Xpro wrote: »
    Station could be any aircraft, or all stations is when the ATC is transmitting to everybody on the frequency.

Say if the ATC didn't hear your call sign on your transmission, they would say station calling say again your call sign.
    cheers

While this may be true, in my instances I'm confident they were aircraft phoning in rather than the other way round - do you still broadcast ops frequencies Mech or did I imagine that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Aer Lingus ground ops are also called "station".

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Aer Lingus ground ops are also called "station".

Thinking about it it probably was this; I think it was an EI aircraft! Feeling even less with it than usual today :o - thanks Growler

Yes that would be Op's alright. Sometimes I have to cut them out of the feed as they have a sticky mic problem that jams up the feed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

While this may be true, in my instances I'm confident they were aircraft phoning in rather than the other way round - do you still broadcast ops frequencies Mech or did I imagine that?

Aircraft calling company, advising arrival time, specials(disabled pax etc needing assistance) and tech requirements. They will be given a stand number by ops.

We seem to have gained approx 10 listeners (average) at any one time to the feed since the storms arrived, Thank you for listening, and welcome on board.

Any comments on the feed, feel free to post here.

Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

chaps, first as always thanks for the awesome feeds! pat and the other two guys,

i was just wondering if there is a case for having ground 121.800 on its own feed? its quite busy in the mornings etc and seems to cut out alot of approach center etc? or is it just me?

i know there is a single feed for the tower, would this not be better for ground etc?

just throwing out an idea. fingers crossed ill be able to feed in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Razor44 wrote: »
    chaps, first as always thanks for the awesome feeds! pat and the other two guys,

i was just wondering if there is a case for having ground 121.800 on its own feed? its quite busy in the mornings etc and seems to cut out alot of approach center etc? or is it just me?

i know there is a single feed for the tower, would this not be better for ground etc?

just throwing out an idea. fingers crossed ill be able to feed in the summer.

I waa thinking the same for seperate feeds for ground and tower but dont know if its possible or if Pat would have the time to do it. Either way i'm thankful for the feed as is

I can take Ground out of the feed for a few days and we will see how it goes.

I will do it later when I get home.

Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Mech1 wrote: »
    I can take Ground out of the feed for a few days and we will see how it goes.

I will do it later when I get home.

Pat.

Thanks Pat, I don't know if you noticed on the feed also that Ryanair station control is also interrupting on the frequency, not complaining about it but just dont know if you know about it or not

• Advertisement

Personally, I like the ground feed in the mix but it can take over the feed during busy times. It'll be interesting to see how the feed is with ground switched out for a while.

AFAIK, for Pat to provide seperate GND & TWR feeds would require a scanner per feed rather than a single scanner that appears to be in use at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

who feeds just the tower? are they on here?

and also just to say I love the ground feed but It can take over

Not me, I do the other one that has a few freqs on it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm pretty sure that it's declanfoleyirl who provides the tower feed.

Ground gone now

Ground gone now
    I'll tune in this evening and report my 2c on the arrangement.

If I'm going to be completely frank, if I just want approach and tower I will almost always go to the third feed. If I want ground in the mix too, I'll go to the first. In an ideal world maybe one could concentrate entirely on ground and something else like FIS and the other on approach, tower etc. But then people are generous enough to offer the feeds in the first place - and they are excellent feeds. So feels a bit much to push it too much.

And if I had access to the frequencies myself I'd want to be listening to Ground, Approach, Tower, Dublin North, Dublin South, and all the airline Ops seperately..not greedy at all, I'm sure you'll agree :D

Anyone want to sponsor something like this?

All Donations accepted.

?action=dlattach;attach=6856;image

That is the liveatc KORD setup Chicago O'Hare Intl

• Advertisement

Anyone want to sponsor something like this?

All Donations accepted.

?action=dlattach;attach=6856;image

That is the liveatc KORD setup Chicago O'Hare Intl

I'm guessing that would be a bit of a sum? :P

Advertisement