Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Mech1 wrote: »
    Nope.

I'm guessing the feedback has been to keep it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

fr336 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the feedback has been to keep it off?

I haven't seen or heard any feedback for or against.

I don't miss it most of the time. During the busier periods there's enough going on not to miss it. However, it's all quiet as I post this (2328Z) so it would be nice to have it right now.

If it could be timed to switch in at the quieter times then that would be perfect but that's not really possible.

In short, I'd be 60/40 to leave it out for now.

Maybe others could express their thoughts so we can have a consensus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

crosstownk wrote: »
    I haven't seen or heard any feedback for or against.

I don't miss it most of the time. During the busier periods there's enough going on not to miss it. However, it's all quiet as I post this (2328Z) so it would be nice to have it right now.

If it could be timed to switch in at the quieter times then that would be perfect but that's not really possible.

In short, I'd be 60/40 to leave it out for now.

Maybe others could express their thoughts so we can have a consensus.

Am I right in saying that ground operations is not in the feed at all now? I would like to have it in, purely because I am flying next week and I want to listen on my phone :pac:

Seriously tho, I don't listen to the feed enough to know the difference :confused: :mad: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

No general consensus achieved after cutting the "Ground Freq" out, maybe putting it back may promote a reaction one way or the other?

Back in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

No general consensus achieved after cutting the "Ground Freq" out, maybe putting it back may promote a reaction one way or the other?

Back in now.

Didn't notice it off to be honest, was at weston the other day with the kids, loads of activity but the feed wasn't working. Still had a good time though

• Advertisement

billie1b wrote: »
    Didn't notice it off to be honest, was at weston the other day with the kids, loads of activity but the feed wasn't working. Still had a good time though

Wasn't Weston only up for a time last year? Never been able to listen to it myself.

Wasn't Weston only up for a time last year? Never been able to listen to it myself.

If I remember right I only put Weston in the mix for a short while, maybe a day or two, around Flightfest time.

If I remember right I only put Weston in the mix for a short while, maybe a day or two, around Flightfest time.

Ah right, I see, no wonder, I thought my 4g on the phone wasn't working

I noticed Ground back in the mix this morning. It was glaringly obvious as it was probably in the mix 60% of the time. I do find ground interesting but I'm not a fan of how it tends to dominate the feed at times.

At the moment I'm 60/40 in favour of leaving it out.

Call me stupid (I am a lot of the time), but aren't there other feeds purely for the tower and purely for approach/ Dublin north south etc? So despite Ground maybe dominating Mech's feed, there are other feeds to cater for the other frequencies completely?

• Advertisement

Call me stupid (I am a lot of the time), but aren't there other feeds purely for the tower and purely for approach/ Dublin north south etc? So despite Ground maybe dominating Mech's feed, there are other feeds to cater for the other frequencies completely?

Yes, there are the other feeds but having everything in the one feed saves having to switch from one feed to another. Plus, the sound quality from Pat's feed is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

i missed ground tbh, i know it can over kill in the morning and it did annoy me. I didnt think id miss it but i did. there is defo a case for ground to be on its own feed. for instance the tower is in 3 feeds

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

If there was someone with separate ground feed, that be ideal.

I personally don't like ground as it is generally not related to ATC services. As said above it can be pretty annoying in the mornings. :(

Not to busy at the moment turning on "bank 2" for a while. Will put back to normal later.

You may hear something further away, or maybe not.

Edinburgh loud and clear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Listening to flights coming into Dublin and hearing them referring to what sounds like "soren" & "lipgo" ?

make any sense to anyone

Andip wrote: »
    Listening to flights coming into Dublin and hearing them referring to what sounds like "soren" & "lipgo" ?

make any sense to anyone

The areas where the planes have to go to as they make their approach to the airport - roads in the sky if you like. Someone else will probably have a far better explanation for you.

The areas where the planes have to go to as they make their approach to the airport - roads in the sky if you like. Someone else will probably have a far better explanation for you.

Ok I presume with the low visibility they are leaving more distance between landing and hence directing them to these areas - just hearing "twice round the hold is the ball park at the moment"

Ok I presume with the low visibility they are leaving more distance between landing and hence directing them to these areas

Maybe so.

More info here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057117361

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

Ok I presume with the low visibility they are leaving more distance between landing and hence directing them to these areas

They are navigational waypoints, aircraft en route/ leaving the airport must pass through these they can also be holding points eg "expect one round of the hold at KERAV".

• Advertisement

Ok I presume with the low visibility they are leaving more distance between landing and hence directing them to these areas - just hearing "twice round the hold is the ball park at the moment"

SOREN and LAPMO are holding points for RWY 28, if its extra busy or bad weather, low vis, high winds and so on the aircraft are put into holds

billie1b wrote: »
    SOREN and LAPMO are holding points for RWY 28, if its extra busy or bad weather, low vis, high winds and so on the aircraft are put into holds

Thanks - its LIPGO they are using a lot tonight - just found it on the chart fr336 highlighted - fascinating stuff

Thanks - its LIPGO they are using a lot tonight - just found it on the chart fr336 highlighted - fascinating stuff

Cool, I haven't been listening, only home, I only noticed the thread fr336 linked for you now, its a great read, really puts a picture in your head of what they are doing when your listening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Any laser activity reports on EIDW approach heard this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

tricky D wrote: »
    Any laser activity reports on EIDW approach heard this evening?

Who knows. Low visibility ops most of the evening:D

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Seriously busy on the ground right now, 11 in the queue.

Sound test, adjustment coming up.
    Dont panic.

Pat.

Adjustments made, sounds good, all loud and clear via phone and headphones here. All and any complaints to be sent to fr336 only.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Nice to see the IFR Approach reference charts being used, thats what they are there for, to compliment what you are hearing on Mech1's ATC feeds.

DP

Advertisement