Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G

billie1b wrote: »
    Just incase anyone is wondering, DUB ATC is controlling Weston airspace for the next couple of days. You may hear on the frequency the likes of, 'Clear to take off RWY 07/25', 'clear for touch and go RWY 07/25', 'clear for take-off RWY 07/25' and so on. Just if ye are interested

The above statement is incorrect.

Dublin ATC will not be issuing take off/landing clearances to aircraft at Weston.

There will be no flying operations at Weston on Thursday & Friday. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

N7777G wrote: »
    The above statement is incorrect.

Dublin ATC will not be issuing take off/landing clearances to aircraft at Weston.

There will be no flying operations at Weston on Thursday & Friday. :(

Dublin were issuing instructions yesterday to Weston, I was listening in the morning and afternoon. One of the controllers also mentioned, when there are no controllers in Weston, Dublin takes over automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G

billie1b wrote: »
    Dublin were issuing instructions yesterday to Weston, I was listening in the morning and afternoon. One of the controllers also mentioned, when there are no controllers in Weston, Dublin takes over automatically

Dublin were not issuing instructions to aircraft at Weston.

Whoever is providing the feed to Live ATC for Dublin has recently added Weston's Tower into the list of frequencies scanned and that's why you can hear aircraft getting take off clearances at Weston.

Dublin's Flight Information Service (FIS) on 118.500 routinely advises traffic both into and out of the Weston AOR but they do not control landings or take offs there.

Whoever is providing the feed to Live ATC for Dublin has recently added Weston's Tower into the list of frequencies scanned and that's why you can hear aircraft getting take off clearances at Weston.

Dublin's Flight Information Service (FIS) on 118.500 routinely advises traffic both into and out of the Weston AOR but they do not control landings or take offs there.

Apologies, that may have been why I was hearing it, sorry bout that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Checking now but I dont think so:eek:

• Advertisement

Mech1 wrote: »
    Checking now but I dont think so:eek:

You where right, all bank 1 freq have been somehow unlocked.
    im gonna have to go through and redo the original list.
    Apologies.
    Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

R28 being examined for possible hare(?) strikes at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

sdevine89 wrote: »
    R28 being examined for possible hare(?) strikes at the moment.

Well it is a "hareport" after all:D

Sorry couldn't resist, perhaps one of the worst jokes an old skipper used to always say to me.

Stupid Question for the day. When describing their aircraft pre take off or when entering Irish airspace, what does it mean when pilots say 'Information Alpha' 'Information Quebec' etc. Also hear ATC quoting it to incoming/outgoing planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Stupid Question for the day. When describing their aircraft pre take off or when entering Irish airspace, what does it mean when pilots say 'Information Alpha' 'Information Quebec' etc. Also hear ATC quoting it to incoming/outgoing planes.

i'm not sure myself, maybe pop over to the fr24 thread that's where most of the convo is including DUB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

its referring to the ATIS. as it updates the callsign changes, eg Information alpha, them information bravo.

its referring to the ATIS. as it updates the callsign changes, eg Information alpha, them information bravo.

Perfect answer thank you. For anyone else wondering this gives a great break down now I knew what to search for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_Terminal_Information_Service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

It is the current weather situation for that airport. Every time it is updated it advances one letter e.g. Information Alpha then an update will be called Information Bravo and so on. The most important figure is the QNH. This will give the aircraft the correct altitude when below transition height which is usualy 6,500 feet. Above this transition height there is a standard QNH of 1013mb I think.

I'm gonna play the current atis on the feed for a few cycles now,

Just so you get a better understanding.

You're a star just came here to comment on the coincidence of it somehow playing!

You're a star just came here to comment on the coincidence of it somehow playing!

Mech1 aka Pat is the best

Mech's service is second to none - almost instant adjustments, volume and quality spot on - and all for free

Have to say Ground stream is great too - more variable and interesting for obvious reasons. But if following on fr24 then the choice for DUB (and other airports) is also brilliant

If anyone uses SONOS at home, I can post up instructions on how to listen to any LiveATC stream through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Autorotator

sdevine89 please do !?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Anyone else getting Belfast and Scottish on the iPad app? Happening a lot to me.

• Advertisement

I have yet to reprogram the scanner, seems a lot got moved or unlocked somehow.

That's a weekend job for me. Just live with it for now.

Sorry.

I have yet to reprogram the scanner, seems a lot got moved or unlocked somehow.

That's a weekend job for me. Just live with it for now.

Sorry.

No worries at all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Anyone else getting Belfast and Scottish on the iPad app? Happening a lot to me.

It's been like that for the last week or two.

I'm sure Pat will sort it as he has already stated. In the meantime you can tune into Dublinflyer's feed for exclusive EIDW transmissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Really have to take my hat off to the guys organising these feeds....

I'm sitting in the house, listening to EIDW, watching FR & seeing the aircraft going overhead at roughly 800ft.

Its such a clear evening, makes for great viewing, clearly see the company colours, but only possible because of the effort you guys put into making these feeds available, so thank you

My internet at home is down, not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

My internet at home is down, not sure why.

I sabotaged your feed to get more people to listen to mine (queue Dr. Evil type laugh) :D

Back up I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Back up I hear.

Yep - it's back.

Loud and clear - as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Autorotator

If anyone uses SONOS at home, I can post up instructions on how to listen to any LiveATC stream through it.
    Any sign of them instructions ?

• Advertisement

Any sign of them instructions ?

Drop yer man a pm, he wouldnt really be a regular poster in here.

Advertisement