Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

ok some beeps to be expected tonight, locking out any rogue freq I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Mech1 wrote: »
    Drop yer man a pm, he wouldnt really be a regular poster in here.

Open up LiveATC find the stream you want, right click on the 'Listen' beside the '(launches your MP3 player)' when you right click hit copy link address. Then open Sonos, hit manage in the top menu, then add a radio station. Paste the link in as the address and name it. The stream will now be in your radio stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Guys,
    just to let you know my feed will be up and down a few times over the next week as I am doing a bit of software and hardware upgrading.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Guys,
    just to let you know my feed will be up and down a few times over the next week as I am doing a bit of software and hardware upgrading.
    Cheers

Cheers for the heads up. Let us know when the upgrades are complete.

We just got knocked out by the lightning, all up again now I hope

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Loud and clear for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Perfect for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rashers4182

Hi your doing great job on feed is it possible to put company channels on separate feed away from tower and ground app etc company channels very interesting to listen to again great job keep up good work

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Hi your doing great job on feed is it possible to put company channels on separate feed away from tower and ground app etc company channels very interesting to listen to again great job keep up good work

Much agreed with this - I've asked our brilliant feeders before about it but unfortunately I don't think it's possible. As you say though they are excellent feeds, especially Mech1's. Sure he'll be along soon to give a 100% answer.

I would love to split the feed, but its not that easy.

1st choice is:
    The Effort (got that)
    Another Scanner (got that)
    Another Sound card (got that)
    Another Antenna (dont have)
    More coax ,expensive = good (dont have)
    Really understanding Neighbours (dont have)

2nd choice is:
    Split the antenna feed and loose lots of gain to both scanners (Pointless as it would only pickup airborne)

3rd choice is:
    Someone buys me one of these
    http://www.stridsberg.com/mca204a.htm

• Advertisement

Another option might be someone else Dub side doing the company channels?

fr336 wrote: »
    Another option might be someone else Dub side doing the company channels?

If someone else was close enough, had the reception, and the sound filtering to get good quality company chat, then they would be broadcasting the other freq instead. :(

If someone else was close enough, had the reception, and the sound filtering to get good quality company chat, then they would be broadcasting the other freq instead. :(

Company chat? What company chat I don't want no company chat. :pac:

Just incase any potential feeders are reading this, remember my feed is based approx 18Km from the Airport according to Google Earth ruler tool. You may be a lot closer and better suited to hear ground transmissions.[IMG][/img]ANTENNAmap.jpg

You have a huge sense of generosity Pat - thanks :)

I would love to split the feed, but its not that easy.
    2nd choice is:
    Split the antenna feed and loose lots of gain to both scanners (Pointless as it would only pickup airborne)

Pat,
    you have a very good antenna and if the coax is decent quality with a short run the Db loss on a split would be very low. I have mine split using a cheap and cheerful splitter I got on dx.com and it works very well. In fact i have 3 cables coming of my antenna. I am in the middle of building a raspberry pi that will be running my feed for Dublin and weston as the old laptop I was using finally gave up and died. RIP! I am a good distance from weston but even with the split I have no issue receiving ground transmissions. Amplifiers are ok but usually end up overload a receiver, if you wanted to a good filter is always good. they are cheap to buy and easy to build, if you are into that kind of thing. I built mine and it cleared out a lot of the noise I was getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

If I get some extra cash in the next few mths ill set up a feed. ...im a peasant student for the next few years, but I am only 5 miles from eidw so ill see what I can do.

Someone is stirring the pot again, hope we are all in the clear, dont give any ammunition!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057205517

I dont mean Watty, great guy altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,704 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Person he linked to is a troll, and has been rather rapidly banned for it.

Both feeds 2 and 3 on the liveatc for DUB coming up dead as a doornail for me. Have been every time I've tried in about the last week or so. Mech1's as always is perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Have o say I love that site/stream. Listen to it in combo with flight radar. Excellent work and tbh would be willing to pay.

fr336 wrote: »
    Both feeds 2 and 3 on the liveatc for DUB coming up dead as a doornail for me. Have been every time I've tried in about the last week or so. Mech1's as always is perfect.

Yep mine is fracked at the moment but will be back up and stable when I get a new raspberry pi. I am just waiting on it to be delivered. I figured it was time to move away from having a laptop on all the time. The fact that it died has encouraged me as well! I use Pi's for a few things at home and in work, great little devices and consume almost no power so very economical to have running 24/7.

Yep mine is fracked at the moment but will be back up and stable when I get a new raspberry pi. I am just waiting on it to be delivered. I figured it was time to move away from having a laptop on all the time. The fact that it died has encouraged me as well! I use Pi's for a few things at home and in work, great little devices and consume almost no power so very economical to have running 24/7.

Ah thanks - hope to hear you up and running again soon

Nice to see you back! :)

I finally managed to get my feeds running of a raspberry pi, with a little help from Dave in Liveatc. I have attached a pic for any of you that are interested. I have two uniden scanners on either side, the one on the left is the EIDW feed and the other is the EIWT feed. You can see the pi in the middle and the two white circles are the usb sound cards. I still need to do a little bit of work on the levels and to get it to reboot itself once a week but I am pretty happy with it. The power consumption has been dramatically reduced with this setup. When I had this running on a laptop it was using about 100w with the monitor off and just the feed working. With the pi I am using about 10 watts, including the scanners and sound cards.

I finally managed to get my feeds running of a raspberry pi, with a little help from Dave in Liveatc. I have attached a pic for any of you that are interested. I have two uniden scanners on either side, the one on the left is the EIDW feed and the other is the EIWT feed. You can see the pi in the middle and the two white circles are the usb sound cards. I still need to do a little bit of work on the levels and to get it to reboot itself once a week but I am pretty happy with it. The power consumption has been dramatically reduced with this setup. When I had this running on a laptop it was using about 100w with the monitor off and just the feed working. With the pi I am using about 10 watts, including the scanners and sound cards.

Weston as well?! I will definitely be looking at this..never heard it myself before.

That set up looks awesome btw :D

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,704 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Considering I've been in work since 5am and I'm too tired to do the maths as a result; how much data does the upload to LiveATC use?

Not much that isn't already there I can receive at home with my 10mbit uplink and no cap but I can receive IEDL/CFN at my parents house - but there's no internet access. If it can fit in a month's data allowance on a very cheap PAYG plan I've a drawer full of spare 3 dongles here and bar the Pi I have all the other gubbins (old Bearcat somewhere, USB soundcards, etc.

Not the most thrilling airport to listen to - 8 movements or so a day for Loganair - but there's some GA, some copter traffic and some very odd charters like F50s from Rotterdam on holiday charters and some oil work from Sumburgh etc.

Dublinflyer, maybe it's just me but on your feeds I get Weston interference on the DUB feed and Dublin interference on the Weston feed. As a result I never seen able to hear anything on the Weston feed as it's constantly Dub.

yep I am looking at that along with the guys from liveatc.net. We are all a bit confused as to why it's happening!

• Advertisement

yep I am looking at that along with the guys from liveatc.net. We are all a bit confused as to why it's happening!

Thanks! Appreciated

Advertisement