Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Yea they came back to the field with an under carriage issue. Landed safely with no problem.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

jimbis wrote: »
    News talk are saying a Paris to Dublin flight has just made an emergency landing at Dublin, Anyone hear anything?:confused:

http://avherald.com/h?article=4774bf55&opt=0

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Pat is there a new frq at Dublin? Finals 119.25 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Razor44 wrote: »

Dont know, but that freq is now added to the feed just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Razor44 wrote: »

Could be an emergency frequency if the usual one is blocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭the beerhunter

119.925, finals. now required to be open if on rwy 28 and a particular number of inbounds is expected in a defined period.

119.925, finals. now required to be open if on rwy 28 and a particular number of inbounds is expected in a defined period.

119.925 or 119.25?

119.925 was already in the feed ="duplicate channel 4" showing on my attempt to program it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭the beerhunter

Mech1 wrote: »
    119.925 was already in the feed ="duplicate channel 4" showing on my attempt to program it.

119.925. and for the sake of confusion, 119.55 also usable as a spare approach/hold frequency.

119.925. and for the sake of confusion, 119.55 also usable as a spare approach/hold frequency.

119.55 is already in the feed, But thanks anyway:D

Pat.

• Advertisement

119.600 (display frequency), now in the mix, tomorrow morning I will tighten up the feed a bit to concentrate more on the days event.

Anyone notice any problems or silly freq on the feed today? Any leftovers or added annoyances from the Bray event? Anything missing?

Thanks,
    Advice / Criticism, welcomed.

Pat.

Going on holidays, feed closed down.

Going on holidays, feed closed down.

Enjoy your holidays Pat, have a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Jesus, Pat you're a superstar. You go on holidays at the same time as I do to ensure I don't have to suffer the loss of your feed.

:D

Got a housekeeper organised so feed should be coming back online when she resets it, anytime now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

And we're back. 19 listeners currently.

Got a housekeeper organised so feed should be coming back online when she resets it, anytime now.

Your some boy Pat, next drink is on me when I'm down your way

All going well here, just a short break but 2 weeks back at home (no work!!!) starting monday. hope to split the antenna feed and break out my spare scanner, what way would you guys want the split / extra feed sorted?

EIDW Company feeds only.

UK : Whatever I can pickup (mostly Scottish) I know its illegal there, but im not there.

EIWT : Already covered, Backup feed.

Other : ?

Pat.

Also gonna try to get another foot or two elevation on the antenna, no complaints so far so why not.

• Advertisement

I think the UK one is a bit of a nogoer Pat; a grey area certainly and if we listened from the UK we'd technically be breaking the law.

Company feeds for me, would be awesome (I assume)

All going well here, just a short break but 2 weeks back at home (no work!!!) starting monday. hope to split the antenna feed and break out my spare scanner, what way would you guys want the split / extra feed sorted?

EIDW Company feeds only.

UK : Whatever I can pickup (mostly Scottish) I know its illegal there, but im not there.

EIWT : Already covered, Backup feed.

Other : ?

Pat.

I'd love Heathrow but probably unable, MAN would be interesting too I reckon

billie1b wrote: »
    I'd love Heathrow but probably unable, MAN would be interesting too I reckon

Heathrow would be impossible, might get some aircraft on way to MAN but not from the airport

Isle of man
    Glasgow
    Prestwick

Is about the best I could hope for at Present antenna height.

Scottish control also but some one sided

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A mix of Scottish & London on a second feed would be nice.

I assume that it will be a second feed on LiveATC? I'm not sure if the folks there would be happy with UK ATC being fed despite the fact that you aren't breaking any laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Any hope for EGAA/EGAC?

Pat you might want to look at a lighting arrestor if you don't already have one. They are cheap as chips and can prevent expensive strike damage.

http://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/antenna-accessories/lightning-arrestors/nevada-uhf-090
    http://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/antenna-accessories/lightning-arrestors/comet-cs-400p

I use these guys and they have a very low signal loss.

Sorry to be annoying as you no doubt already know about it, but Dublinflyer the Tower only feed has been down for 5 days.

• Advertisement

fr336 wrote: »
    Sorry to be annoying as you no doubt already know about it, but Dublinflyer the Tower only feed has been down for 5 days.

That's not one of my feeds. Mine is the last one on the page and I do one for Weston as well. I an not too sure who owns the tower only feed.

Advertisement