Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

unlocking for the night, I have honestly no idea what freq are in there some may be active overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

Nothin like a bit of atis in the mix!!

I can give you the full atis if you wish, I was just unlocking everything and then relocking those.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Beep beep - then ATIS. :D

Did I hear Shanwick a few minutes ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Seems to be stuck on baldonnel ATIS thre

Edit - back ok now

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Seems to be stuck on baldonnel ATIS thre

not stuck just broadcasting for a min

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Mech1 wrote: »
    not stuck just broadcasting for a min

Any chance of AS1, 2 or 3? :D

billie1b wrote: »

Sorry, when or rather until you get one of those Tetra yokes to me im stuck on what I can hear:D

Sorry, when or rather until you get one of those Tetra yokes to me im stuck on what I can hear:D

Just for the record, No one has offered to obtain or supply any type of Tetra device to me:mad:

Just for the record, No one has offered to obtain or supply any type of Tetra device to me:mad:

Even if you had one I think they're able to block it straight away no?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Sorry, what are these? :o TETRA frequences? As in HSE frequencies?

Do all guards, HSE and CG use TETRA?

Even if you had one I think they're able to block it straight away no?

No idea, but i assume its a bit like on here, ip address type thing of device would have to be accepted or refused by the system

Nimr wrote: »
    Sorry, what are these? :o TETRA frequences? As in HSE frequencies?

Do all guards, HSE and CG use TETRA?

Alpha Sierra 1, 2 and 3 are the Garda Air Support call signs, yeah unfortunately they use tetra now, so no listening anymore

Alpha Sierra 1, 2 and 3 are the Garda Air Support call signs, yeah unfortunately they use tetra now, so no listening anymore

Its all TOP SECRET type of things that the cops / ambulances etc get involved in nowadays. no more "alarm sounding, no keyholder present" type stuff anymore.

Its a pity really, I personally got a number of "people" arrested just by listening in and looking out my window, phoning in. when I lived in Tallaght

Its all TOP SECRET type of things that the cops / ambulances etc get involved in nowadays. no more "alarm sounding, no keyholder present" type stuff anymore.

Yeah its bloody ridiculous, used to hear some great stuff on the old frequencies

Yeah its bloody ridiculous, used to hear some great stuff on the old frequencies

Its a pity really, I personally got a number of "people" arrested just by listening in and looking out my window, phoning in. when I lived in Tallaght

It also gave the public a insight of the type of ****e that a garda patrol had to deal with, hour to hour.

It also trained people (if they are like me) to use the terminology correct when reporting a crime.

"Intruders on" gets a much better response when your talking to front desk.

Im gonna start locking out eidw freq for a while

goodnight will reset to normal in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭KarlFitz01

Hi I'm just wondering if there is an App for this as it won't let me listen to it on the internet on the IPhone 4? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

KarlFitz01 wrote: »
    Hi I'm just wondering if there is an App for this as it won't let me listen to it on the internet on the IPhone 4? Thanks in advance.

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/liveatc-air-radio/id317809458?mt=8

EIDW feed shutdown in respect of Mr Glazier and anyone else involved in the crash at Jamica this evening.

Feeding ATC needs some further thought.

Do what your head and heart says is right and not what others say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

What's this?

I see what you're saying absolutely and nobody else can be in your shoes here - it's your call - but there are millions of things in the world that have an overriding positive effect with the distant possibility of them one day having a negative effect in some way.

Is there not the capability for a feeder to delete their archives as and when they feel like?

fr336 wrote: »
    I see what you're saying absolutely and nobody else can be in your shoes here - it's your call - but there are millions of things in the world that have an overriding positive effect with the distant possibility of them one day having a negative effect in some way.

Is there not the capability for a feeder to delete their archives as and when they feel like?

No, everything broadcast "belongs" to LiveAtc.

LiveAtc will at this moment be selling the rights to rebroadcast this terrible events voice recordings to media outlets.

After some consideration of the subject I have made a decision.

I came to the conclusion that the greater good is not served by me stopping broadcasting ATC.

First off the fact that transmissions are recorded and made public by LiveAtc greatly reduces any chance of false information getting distributed for any reason.

Looking back on the recent airline disappearances, disasters, it may even be helpful for this line of information to be open to the public.

I acknowledge the help that listening in can be to trainee pilots and controllers.

In the past I have had great times listening in while watching the goings on at various Airports / Events, and would be disappointed if Ireland had the same rules as UK and some others regarding the broadcast of ATC.

Feed going back live now,
    Pat.

Good decision process Pat, many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Your the boss mech, whatever you're decision we respect that.

many thanks though

Advertisement