Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

ShanE90 wrote: »
    Scotland isn't in the UK ;-)

Unfortunate post....it still was when you posted and looking at the UK news it still is. Could have been an epic response however, just 6% off!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Long shot and I appreciate the quality and consistent service from current DUB feeders but would anyone currently have the capability to host only company channels out of DUB for a day or two? Aer Lingus, Ryanair, etc. I'm still determined there is some interesting stuff in there with a bit of patience :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

fr336 wrote: »
    Long shot and I appreciate the quality and consistent service from current DUB feeders but would anyone currently have the capability to host only company channels out of DUB for a day or two? Aer Lingus, Ryanair, etc. I'm still determined there is some interesting stuff in there with a bit of patience :p

I'll be honest with you, you wouldn't get many interesting things, its all coded, if the code is serious enough it'll get transferred to Maintrol and if its even more serious phone calls will be made instead of talking on an unsecured RT. You might get lucky though

billie1b wrote: »
    I'll be honest with you, you wouldn't get many interesting things, its all coded, if the code is serious enough it'll get transferred to Maintrol and if its even more serious phone calls will be made instead of talking on an unsecured RT. You might get lucky though

Ah ok, makes sense. I've heard one or two beginnings to possible diverts at times, but they've been part of the overall mix for DUB atc so I don't hear the rest of it. I've never heard anything regarding flights that haven't been in Irish or UK airspace either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Ah ok, makes sense. I've heard one or two beginnings to possible diverts at times, but they've been part of the overall mix for DUB atc so I don't hear the rest of it. I've never heard anything regarding flights that haven't been in Irish or UK airspace either.

Unless you get someone like me who doesn't care and will say anything on the radio it'd be pretty boring. Mostly just flights looking for stands, extra bars or kits for on board, an odd weight change, toilets/water service or tech snags etc etc

• Advertisement

billie1b wrote: »
    Unless you get someone like me who doesn't care and will say anything on the radio it'd be pretty boring. Mostly just flights looking for stands, extra bars or kits for on board, an odd weight change, toilets/water service or tech snags etc etc

Yeah sounds about right based on what I've mainly heard so far. Ha :(

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

No offence, but I personally think those company channels are just a nuisance. It's like listening to a Taxi CB radios...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Alaba320

Check out the TAF for this evening and tonight guys. Could be an interesting one on frequency. Forecast to be Gusting at one point to 58kts, winds from 160.. Should make for an interesting few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Alaba320 wrote: »
    Check out the TAF for this evening and tonight guys. Could be an interesting one on frequency. Forecast to be Gusting at one point to 58kts, winds from 160.. Should make for an interesting few hours.

And Love/Hate is back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Feed freq tightened down to suit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭olive20

Always fun listening to the young pilot voice quivers ;) as the older hands gracefully do their jobs. Won't be glued to it tonight time to party.

It'll be runway 16 tonight and with a wind down the runway it won't be exciting I'm sorry to say. Unless there is sharp gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It'll be runway 16 tonight and with a wind down the runway it won't be exciting I'm sorry to say. Unless there is sharp gusts.

RWY16 :mad: Always a sign of shít weather. Which makes for good listening while I'm indoors (as long as everyone keeps safe).

Yeah it has been 16 since 1800 this evening. With winds 27kts gusting to 58kts there is a good 31kts of windshear available.. So I don't know how u don't think that will make for interesting listening

http://s962.photobucket.com/user/mech1111/media/freq.jpg.html

freq.jpg.html

This is what you are listening to, plus op's

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It'll be more interesting than recent months although the wind is straight down the throat of 16.

METAR: EIDW 051900Z 17016KT 9999 FEW020 BKN080 BKN110 13/08 Q1004 NOSIG
    TAF: EIDW 051700Z 0518/0618 17018KT 9999 FEW022 BKN045 BECMG 0518/0520 17020G35KT BECMG 0520/0522 16027G45KT TEMPO 0522/0604 3000 RA BKN008 TEMPO 0600/0603 16035G57KT PROB30 TEMPO 0601/0603 2000 +RA BKN005 BECMG 0603/0605 24014KT 9999 NSW SCT020 BKN040 BECMG 0614/0616 19006KT BECMG 0616/0618 16008KT

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Deatr

The wind isn't the only problem even if it's straight down 16 it's the turbulence. Especially because of the direction it's coming in, right over the Dublin/Wicklow mountains. It's probably a good thing that there's not much flying between the hours it's forecast to be the strongest!!

Yeah it has been 16 since 1800 this evening. With winds 27kts gusting to 58kts there is a good 31kts of windshear available.. So I don't know how u don't think that will make for interesting listening

How many go arounds at Dublin since 1800 ?

None that I've heard of - go around just now at Cork and diversions from Shannon and Kerry

Doesn't have to be go arounds to make for an interesting night on frequency.

• Advertisement

Emirates doing 270 kts at FL070. I know they're not the only ones that do it, but how come the 250kt below FL100 isn't strongly enforced by ATC at Dub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Emirates doing 270 kts at FL070. I know they're not the only ones that do it, but how come the 250kt below FL100 isn't strongly enforced by ATC at Dub?

That is ground speed, not indicated.

b757 wrote: »
    That is ground speed, not indicated.

GS was 323. The pilot stated he was flying at 270kts due turbulence. A pilot always would never give his ground speed. It was his IAS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

GS was 323. The pilot stated he was flying at 270kts due turbulence. A pilot always would never give his ground speed. It was his IAS

Apologies in that case then. :)

Why would it need to be, it's Class C controlled airspace.

Why would it need to be, it's Class C controlled airspace.

That rule applies in all airspaces, including class A

That rule applies in all airspaces, including class A

Actually, I'm wrong, I'm just after checking and it seems that it is an ICAO rule and some of the EASA states have filed differences. I guess we're one of them

Well I got my wish for some activity on the company channels this morning with the Ryanair collision! Very strange listening to an airport at rush hour with nothing getting off the ground.

Well I got my wish for some activity on the company channels this morning with the Ryanair collision! Very strange listening to an airport at rush hour with nothing getting off the ground.

Thats why they are in the mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

cmEgnwt.jpg

Advertisement