Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I have a bit of work to do at home that involves moving my feed kit but the weather is to be pretty bad so I won't be doing it this weekend. With my EIWT feed going I will have two feeds for EIDW so I will leave my current one as is and just have ground frequencies on the second one, including airline ops.

Hey Dublinflyer, Just wondering if you have changed things around yet and if so where would we find it - on the usual EIDW page on liveatc? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Jaysus it can be tortuous at times. The late Etihad was (rightly) confused by the instruction to "line up, take off" runway 28, and then the wind.

donvito99 wrote: »
    Jaysus it can be tortuous at times. The late Etihad was (rightly) confused by the instruction to "line up, take off" runway 28, and then the wind.

Not sure I understand mate?

fr336 wrote: »
    Not sure I understand mate?

Yeah I might be confused. The Etihad was told to line up 28 and take off in the one transmission. He had to confirm twice with the rather stubborn Dublin controller that they were cleared to take off.

donvito99 wrote: »
    Yeah I might be confused. The Etihad was told to line up 28 and take off in the one transmission. He had to confirm twice with the rather stubborn Dublin controller that they were cleared to take off.

Oh yeah, I've heard that before I think. Probably best to check a few times, yes :P

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, I've heard that before I think. Probably best to check a few times, yes :P

Ha, yeah. Avoids serious embarassment and is safer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Not comfirming a clearance for take off, especially if the pilot hasn't quite understood the instruction was one of the main factors in the Tenerife disaster. Big changes were made after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Alaba320

Is ground frequency still In the mix? I was listening to that United 925 that diverted into dub with smoke in cockpit. Heard the 20 minutes of conversation before they landed no problem but as soon as they were asked to switch to ground after landing I heard no more of them. Is ground gone from the feed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Alaba320 wrote: »
    Is ground frequency still In the mix? I was listening to that United 925 that diverted into dub with smoke in cockpit. Heard the 20 minutes of conversation before they landed no problem but as soon as they were asked to switch to ground after landing I heard no more of them. Is ground gone from the feed?

Was gone, but requests always work, so ground back in now until Dublin Flyer gets the new feed sorted.

Op's back in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Alaba320

Mech1 wrote: »
    Was gone, but requests always work, so ground back in now until Dublin Flyer gets the new feed sorted.

Op's back in too.

Ah I was just curious, wasn't a request or a hint :) just wanted to see if it had gone. It's your feed you do what you wish. Thanks as usual. Some good listening here

http://archive-server.liveatc.net/eidw/EIDW3-Nov-06-2014-1800Z.mp3

Can't imagine what they must have been feeling, especially after the missed approach.

• Advertisement

current ATIS coming up, tune in or out as suits. 21.40 for 1 min.

volume was a bit low for me here, pulled it up a bit, any distortion issues let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

volume was a bit low for me here, pulled it up a bit, any distortion issues let me know.

I though the volume was bit low the last few days but as I'd just changed cars I put it down to the Bluetooth connection in the newer car.

crosstownk wrote: »
    I though the volume was bit low the last few days but as I'd just changed cars I put it down to the Bluetooth connection in the newer car.

im happy here now, but a little bit worried about the antenna / connections etc as I have never had to boost it this much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Alaba320 wrote: »

I heard a bit on the ground. They were told here to taxi, hold at a certain point. Pilot came on then asking for the gate but to keep an eye on them. That there was smoke and or fumes in the cockpit and or cabin, source unknown.

im happy here now, but a little bit worried about the antenna / connections etc as I have never had to boost it this much!

I'll be back in my regular car tomorrow (hopefully) so I'll have a better handle on the volume then and I'll report back. It sounds fine on my iMac at the moment.

EDIT: If anything, it's on the verge of distorting from clipping.

I'll be back in my regular car tomorrow (hopefully) so I'll have a better handle on the volume then and I'll report back. It sounds fine on my iMac at the moment.

Always get a second opinion on any car repairs, especially the type that require a hire car for the duration.

I can help with that, or even a "after the work done" lookover, youd be amazed at the things Main Dealers try to pass off as competent repairs:mad:

Always get a second opinion on any car repairs, especially the type that require a hire car for the duration.

I can help with that, or even a "after the work done" lookover, youd be amazed at the things Main Dealers try to pass off as competent repairs:mad:

Thanks but I work for the manufacturer ;)

QUOTED "EDIT: If anything, it's on the verge of distorting from clipping. "

Pulling it back a little so, thanks.

Thanks but I work for the manufacturer ;)

so you know exactly what im talking about:D

• Advertisement

QUOTED "EDIT: If anything, it's on the verge of distorting from clipping. "

Pulling it back a little so, thanks.

Better. It's the airborne aircraft that were nearly clipping due to their stronger signal.

It's much more 'relaxed' now. Perfect.

so you know exactly what im talking about:D

Very much so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Hey Dublinflyer, Just wondering if you have changed things around yet and if so where would we find it - on the usual EIDW page on liveatc? Many thanks.

I have not had a chance yet due to various things but I will be doing it shortly. It will be a ground ops feed and you will see it in the EIDW page on liveatc. On another note I have decided to close my boards account. I am not going to go into a Fr. Ted style rant on the reasons why but as someone who has always tried to post within the rules I have been unable to defend myself against a few people who seem to ignore the rules and are let away with it. I will keep on reading as some of the discussions are great but not contributing as I will just wind myself up, one of my many failings.
    Cheers.

I have not had a chance yet due to various things but I will be doing it shortly. It will be a ground ops feed and you will see it in the EIDW page on liveatc. On another note I have decided to close my boards account. I am not going to go into a Fr. Ted style rant on the reasons why but as someone who has always tried to post within the rules I have been unable to defend myself against a few people who seem to ignore the rules and are let away with it. I will keep on reading as some of the discussions are great but not contributing as I will just wind myself up, one of my many failings.
    Cheers.

Very sorry to hear this, hope you may decide to come back soon. Will miss a familiar, reliable username around the place.

Cheers.

I fully understand your frustration, this place can be much more than a bit tiresome if you have a valid point to get across to some of the assholes that frequent the most common areas on here. Even the Shooting forum that you would assume would have a limited / interested / informed group of people turns into a shouting match regularly. Pain in the tits myself with the whole Boards.ie thing.

@Mech1. It looks like your squelch needs to be turned up just a smidgen. It's locking on 121.8MHz (ground) and the squelch is preventing it from scanning. Not all the time but regular enough in the last 30 mins.

@Mech1. It looks like your squelch needs to be turned up just a smidgen. It's locking on 121.8MHz (ground) and the squelch is preventing it from scanning. Not all the time but regular enough in the last 30 mins.

checking, but the girls just had a very loud disco dance session for the past hour, feeding out of the same puter, they just finished this min.

Could be related.

checking.

All good this morning, Pat.

@Mech1 - Pat, it's stuck on one freq. Not scanning at the moment.

• Advertisement

Checking now

Advertisement