Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

NH2013 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is included in the scan but just a heads up that for the last 2 weeks ATC have been using 120.755 for Dublin south lower instead of the normal 126.250.

NH2013.

Thanks, was already there but locked out. Active from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

We are off air.

ETA: Back.

A Plane is flying over the Atlantic. The pilot speaks over the intercom and says:

"Good afternoon everyone, this is the pilot speaking. We are cruising at an altitude of 36,000 feet but I regret to inform you that we are likely to go through some turbulence shortly, so if you could return to your seats and fasten your seatbelts. Thank you."

The turbulence is bad and the pilot has to wrestle with the controls, he's exhausted but eventually they get through it. He decides to address the cabin again.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, sorry about the bumpiness there. Hope it didn't spoil your journey too much."
    There's a pause and the next thing the cabin hears is:
    "Jeez, I could really do with some coffee and a B-job up here"

Realising he's accidentally left the intercom switched on, a Stewardess sprints to the front of the plane to tell him.

At which point one of the passengers shouts, "Don't forget the coffee".

11164611_748975298548832_5645328240521456591_n.jpg?oh=f8ad5439498295293fe2f798d5a12d94&oe=560332D9

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Alaba320

A Boeing 747 is flying across the Atlantic on a flight from Dublin to New York. A short time into the crossing the pilot makes an announcement: "ladies and gentlemen we have had an issue with one of our engines and it is now shut down. Please don't panic, as we still have 3 working engines, this will just increase our flight time by 1 hour".

A few minutes later another announcement was made: "ladies and gents, unfortunately a second engine has now flamed out, but don't worry the plane can fly perfectly well on the 2 remaining engines, but our flight time will increase again by another hour due to our slower speed".

A little while later, another announcement: "folks, as you have probably noticed, a third engine has now failed, but don't worry the plane can fly fine on the 1 remaining engine, but again, this will add another hour to our flight time".

In the cabin, Mick turned to Paddy and said "Jesus Paddy, I hope the other engine doesn't go or we'll be up here all night!!"

• Advertisement

Alaba320 wrote: »
    A Boeing 747 is flying across the Atlantic on a flight from Dublin to New York. A short time into the crossing the pilot makes an announcement: "ladies and gentlemen we have had an issue with one of our engines and it is now shut down. Please don't panic, as we still have 3 working engines, this will just increase our flight time by 1 hour".

A few minutes later another announcement was made: "ladies and gents, unfortunately a second engine has now flamed out, but don't worry the plane can fly perfectly well on the 2 remaining engines, but our flight time will increase again by another hour due to our slower speed".

A little while later, another announcement: "folks, as you have probably noticed, a third engine has now failed, but don't worry the plane can fly fine on the 1 remaining engine, but again, this will add another hour to our flight time".

In the cabin, Mick turned to Paddy and said "Jesus Paddy, I hope the other engine doesn't go or we'll be up here all night!!"

:D:D:D

Runway 10 still in use for arrivals - any chance of camera being in use again during daylight hours? :P

Yes, I have just migrated my os from a hdd to a ssd and the feed is still up. And no moaning at all from the listener s

Do you know how much excitement I have for when this thread is updated, it's like the birth of our next Royal baby....too often disappointing however :(

77 listeners, emergency diversion

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

248 in total. Is that the highest since the wind storms?

As always, thanks for the feed, Mech.

Screenshot%202015-07-17%2016.44.09_zpsftjs9d34.jpg

Anyone know a aerial installer or roofer type that wants to help the feed?

I have acquired a 8ft long stainless steel pole that needs putting up. Gives us a few more feet elevation so better reception.

A few pints would be the payment.

I have a good ladder but getting too old for this sorta stuff unassisted.

Some strange transmissions to be expected from now to Sunday evening, just live with it.

Mech1 wrote: »
    Some strange transmissions to be expected from now to Sunday evening, just live with it.

We just missed a rejected take off, right this minute! :(

As i said, just live with it I cant predict the future:D

As i said, just live with it I cant predict the future:D

Ah I'm not complaining, I'm just amused at the fact it only took 3 or 4 minutes before 'something good' happened :)

Was due to an autothrottle failure so not overly exciting, also they didnt require fire service so probably just a low speed rejection.

Alaba320 wrote: »
    Ah I'm not complaining, I'm just amused at the fact it only took 3 or 4 minutes before 'something good' happened :)

Was due to an autothrottle failure so not overly exciting, also they didnt require fire service so probably just a low speed rejection.

Just so everyone knows, nothing has been removed, but lots added. That may mean that at times "usual" stations may not get airtime.

• Advertisement

Between now and Sunday I will be tuning feed towards relevant frequencies for air show.

Lots of beeps to be expected, getting scanner sorted for later.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Mech1, thank you very much, I wont make it today to Bray, but your feed will make me feel I'm there.

Eiwt reception is great, did you raise the D777 already?

Cheers

Xpro wrote: »
    Mech1, thank you very much, I wont make it today to Bray, but your feed will make me feel I'm there.

Cheers

Nope same elevation but the plans are made:D

I will be dropping some active eidw freq later and adding interesting stuff as I find it.

Tightening up the feed now, lots of eidw getting chopped.

119.600 is the freqency for Bray

fr336 wrote: »
    119.600 is the freqency for Bray

your right!

your right!

Surely too far even for you though Pat :P

We cant move mountains, but stay tuned in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 rn.andyb

Xpro wrote: »

Cheers

EIWT? I thought EIWT was removed, currently I see "Sorry, EIWT is not currently covered by LiveATC.net"? Is the Weston feed up somewhere else?

Advertisement