Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Nim wrote: »
    If the mountain won't come to Mech1 then Mech1 must go to the mountain :pac:

I can well believe it, wouldn't surprise me if he moved his home there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

fr336 wrote: »
    I can well believe it, wouldn't surprise me if he moved his home there.

nope, your wrong.

Thinking about a Barge in Dublin Bay.

Ok we are going for Windows 10 just about now, lets hope we come out the other side unscathed!

Expect more interruption's to the feed.

Wish me luck,

Bye for now.

It's been fun, but I gotta work on other things now.

EIDW feed getting closed down.

Thanks for tuning in.

Mech1 wrote: »

Thanks for tuning in.

Thanks for your time and effort Mech 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Thanks for tuning in.

Thanks for the brilliant service Pat, we'll miss it, best of luck at your next project/hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Thanks for tuning in.
    Cheers for the feed, Pat. It's one of the best quality feeds out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Thanks pat. I'll really miss your feed, I wish it wasn't going but still, thanks all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

Thanks for tuning in.

I was a daily listener and really enjoyed it. Many thanks for providing it at such a high level of quality for so long. It will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Nortcider

Thanks for tuning in.

Thanks for all the effort you put in Pat. Really going to miss it. It was one of the best feeds out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Thanks for tuning in.

Thanks for all your work mech1

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Thanks for all your work mech1

Another thanks from me.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+1 on all the thanks.
    What am I going to do now. Listen to the radio? :D

Jesus christ this is what happens when my internet goes down for a day :eek : :eek: Thanks so much for such a brilliant service Pat, better than a lot of businesses!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Thanks again Mech1, from daily listener. Will be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Thanks for tuning in.
    Thanks for everything you did, Pat. You were so good to provide us with the feed. Thanks to you, even my young fella (8 years) started watching the planes and listening in. We loved it. Thanks!

EIDW Del/Gnd/Twr/App/Center
    Feed Status: DOWN

:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

A sad day :( but thanks for the feed mech1.

Just as a matter of interest is it expensive to set up? Anywhere good to look online?
    Wouldn't mind giving it a go myself.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Eidw Twr/App/Center/FIS is up.
    Is that someone else's feed?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Eidw Twr/App/Center/FIS is up.
    Is that someone else's feed?

Yes I think maybe windowspotter or dublincelt? Apologies if this is wrong. Pretty sure it's someone on here anyway.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the support guys, things got a bit mad around here sortof domestic wise. we will see what happens, no promises.

The post from Bronn makes me wanna make it live again more, because the same thing happened here.

Half expecting you to pop up as an ATC controller at DUB now

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Just seen this, Pat thanks for the feed. The quality was fantastic and put's mine to shame. My one just works away in the corner of my shed so you guys want specific frequencies added or removed let me know. Just remember my reception of ground is not great.

my reception of ground is not great.

That's a decent feed too.

Sure add in ground for a few days if you can and let the boardsies decide. The chances are if it's really bad that your squelch will keep it off the feed.

Oki Doki, I will add it in this evening.

I hope Pat knows the pressure he is putting me under now.

It's amazing what the feed did for the young 'uns. He's 8 and he listens in on the iphone, together with the F24 app, up at the viewing point near Ticknock Cross there. Great view over the entire city and of planes coming in over Howth. His little sister is on binocular duty and he points to the direction she needs to look in. They know the weird howl the Aer Lingus A320's give when they're coming in to land via South Co. Dublin. He's listening in and is all, "Mam! Mam! Listen! This one is from Heathrow! He's gonna turn any minute now! They just told him. Look!!! LOOK!! He's doing it!!" I started doing this as a chore to relieve my frozen husband. However, they infected me with the plane spotting.

Can I just say that Ticknock Cross is the coldest place on God's green earth and as for that over-bridge over the M50 at Ballinteer there. Jesus wept! The kids aren't one bit bothered but it is :::freezing::: up there. Great place for "remote air traffic controlling" though. If there's ever a problem with the ATC's in Dublin, I have an 8 year old and a 6 year old who would be happy to help out. ;-)

Anyway, thanks to both Mech1 & Dublinflyer. Unwittingly, you guys have preserved the sanity of two frozen (and sometimes frazzled) parents. Not to mention getting us addicted too.

I hope Pat knows the pressure he is putting me under now.

You will also need to put your social life on hold during bad/windy weather so you can add remove frequencies as required by your demanding listeners to whom you are now enslaved.

:D

EDIT: bronn has certainly turned the pressure up by a fair few notches!

Won't somebody please think of the children!! :D:D

• Advertisement

bronn wrote: »
    It's amazing what the feed did for the young 'uns. He's 8 and he listens in on the iphone, together with the F24 app, up at the viewing point near Ticknock Cross there. Great view over the entire city and of planes coming in over Howth. His little sister is on binocular duty and he points to the direction she needs to look in. They know the weird howl the Aer Lingus A320's give when they're coming in to land via South Co. Dublin. He's listening in and is all, "Mam! Mam! Listen! This one is from Heathrow! He's gonna turn any minute now! They just told him. Look!!! LOOK!! He's doing it!!" I started doing this as a chore to relieve my frozen husband. However, they infected me with the plane spotting.

Can I just say that Ticknock Cross is the coldest place on God's green earth and as for that over-bridge over the M50 at Ballinteer there. Jesus wept! The kids aren't one bit bothered but it is :::freezing::: up there. Great place for "remote air traffic controlling" though. If there's ever a problem with the ATC's in Dublin, I have an 8 year old and a 6 year old who would be happy to help out. ;-)

Anyway, thanks to both Mech1 & Dublinflyer. Unwittingly, you guys have preserved the sanity of two frozen (and sometimes frazzled) parents. Not to mention getting us addicted too.

I would guess that if you stood on the right spot on that bridge you could see the antenna on my house that I was receiving the signal from!
    Funny how the signal then has to travel halfway round the world to USA and back via internet to get to you, and your only 200 to 300 yards away as the crow flys.

Advertisement