Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Shamrock231

The Lufthansa 982 and Approach Controller getting pretty annoyed at each other! =O And the approach controller complaining that their previous sector was not with his colleague but "That was a UK controller"... Interesting stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Mech1

This last hour or so was the first chance I have had to really listen to my own feed since the new aerial, I mean ... no kids / wife / coronation street etc running in the background.

Its perfect, even if I say so myself. Im not even gonna try to check / replace the connectors tomorrow as it might make it worse!!!!!!

Anyone know what the pilots of the Aer Lingus flight with the wheelchair person is saying on the ops frequency when he refers to having "4 YPs"?

Young persons? unaccompanied maybe?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Mech1 wrote: »
    Young persons? unaccompanied maybe?

Yeah that's what I was thinking since it was to the wheelchair person. They have to accompanied back if they're travelling alone.

• Advertisement

I thought that too, but it doesn't seem like a fairly standard abbreviation.

Anyone know who uses the callsign "Thunder Cat", google doesn't seem to be feeling very helpful this evening...

not on flightradar24 either

I thought my 1000th post on Boards.ie was years away yet!

All this Airband hoolaballoo has gone and made me even miss the event!!!!!

edit: Ah well it must have been today and as its Friday Im gettin pissed anyway:D

edit2: oh its Sat,........who cares!

• Advertisement

we just copied a flight at Stranraer heading into Glasgow prestwick and also heard approach from there!!!

Only testing while theres nothing happenning at EIDW

Following TOM82M into Glasgow, can we do it?

Answer is no, lost him at Prestwick or else im on the wrong freq

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Hi Mech1,

I spend a bit of time today listening to your feed, i must say the quality of the signal is excellent:cool:

One thing i wanted to ask you:

What delay interval have you got set on your scanner?

I noticed while listening today that the scanner is picking up every transmission without delays, as in you can hear the ATC giving instructions, but you might not pick up the response from the pilot as scanner has already picked up a different frequency. Almost like crossed channels.

Thanks again,

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Roblestone

Xpro wrote: »
    Hi Mech1,

I spend a bit of time today listening to your feed, i must say the quality of the signal is excellent:cool:

One thing i wanted to ask you:

What delay interval have you got set on your scanner?

I noticed while listening today that the scanner is picking up every transmission without delays, as in you can hear the ATC giving instructions, but you might not pick up the response from the pilot as scanner has already picked up a different frequency. Almost like crossed channels.

Thanks again,

I agree, great reception and variety of frequencies but I'm missing out on a lot of replies due to it going onto the next frequency almost immediately.

Thanks for the Feedback, will see what i can do.

Ok I reset delay to 2sec on all freq just now.
    Keep the Advise coming in!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Ok I reset delay to 2sec on all freq just now.
    Keep the Advise coming in!

Thanks, thats much better , you can hear the full conversation now.

If any of the other two feeders want my old discone antenna that I took down you have first preference on it, free to collect in Knocklyon.

If no interest from feeders, then anyone here can take it away.

Pat

• Advertisement

List of what im feeding. Also Op's.

3e182198-1e88-47c9-8fa1-27b310af3994.jpg?t=1372007030

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

looking well after a few days away well done pat

I'm pretty concerned that the freq "121.800 Ground" is filling the feed with transmissions that are not of great interest, I have locked it out meantime, let me know what you all think.
    Thanks,
    Pat.

Quote: "Frequency 121.600 MHz AVBL for direct communication
    between ACFT and fire and rescue services. Service should be
    requested initially via ATC. Call sign for the fire station is ‘Dublin
    Fire’. It is mandatory for both ACFT and fire station to maintain
    contact with ATC at all times.
    ATC do not have access to 121.600 MHz.
    Service is H24 and AVBL within 10 NM radius of Dublin Airport."

Added in 121.600 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_emergency_frequency (international emergency broadcast freq) hopefully we will never hear them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

I'm pretty concerned that the freq "121.800 Ground" is filling the feed with transmissions that are not of great interest, I have locked it out meantime, let me know what you all think.
    Thanks,
    Pat.

You're never going to get a good balance. You have too many frequencies covered for one feed, we have at busy times 10-11 frequencies operating even during morning ops we have 8. You are saved as most of the time we are band boxing the area frees into just two so the total falls to just 6 active then post 6pm CDS is closed and you have 5.

Your best bet is to split up between yourself and the other feeder the towers to one and the radar freqs to the other.

Yes you are going to have quiet times but when it gets really busy the quality of the feed will drop as the volume of transmissions increases and the feed misses out of transmissions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

Quote: "Frequency 121.600 MHz AVBL for direct communication
    between ACFT and fire and rescue services. Service should be
    requested initially via ATC. Call sign for the fire station is ‘Dublin
    Fire’. It is mandatory for both ACFT and fire station to maintain
    contact with ATC at all times.
    ATC do not have access to 121.600 MHz.
    Service is H24 and AVBL within 10 NM radius of Dublin Airport."

Added in 121.600 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_emergency_frequency (international emergency broadcast freq) hopefully we will never hear them.

121.5 is actually quiet busy, you will hear chit chat, cabin announcements, aircraft that are on the wrong freqs looking for the right one. It's very very very rare to hear it used for its intended purpose as most aircraft are on an assigned ATC freq and can talk to them directly if they have an issue.

urajoke wrote: »
    You're never going to get a good balance. You have too many frequencies covered for one feed, we have at busy times 10-11 frequencies operating even during morning ops we have 8. You are saved as most of the time we are band boxing the area frees into just two so the total falls to just 6 active then post 6pm CDS is closed and you have 5.

Your best bet is to split up between yourself and the other feeder the towers to one and the radar freqs to the other.

Yes you are going to have quiet times but when it gets really busy the quality of the feed will drop as the volume of transmissions increases and the feed misses out of transmissions.

Yes, thats the plan. Once the other feeders get sorted, meantime i'm trying my best to find a balance, seems to be working reasonably well.

urajoke wrote: »
    121.5 is actually quiet busy, you will hear chit chat, cabin announcements, aircraft that are on the wrong freqs looking for the right one. It's very very very rare to hear it used for its intended purpose as most aircraft are on an assigned ATC freq and can talk to them directly if they have an issue.

Giving it a spin we will see if its too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Hey lads, is there an android app to listen to the feeds?

• Advertisement

Try this I dont use android so im not sure of the quality

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.liveatc.liveatc_app

Advertisement