Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

bronn wrote: »
    It's amazing what the feed did for the young 'uns. He's 8 and he listens in on the iphone, together with the F24 app, up at the viewing point near Ticknock Cross there. Great view over the entire city and of planes coming in over Howth. His little sister is on binocular duty and he points to the direction she needs to look in. They know the weird howl the Aer Lingus A320's give when they're coming in to land via South Co. Dublin. He's listening in and is all, "Mam! Mam! Listen! This one is from Heathrow! He's gonna turn any minute now! They just told him. Look!!! LOOK!! He's doing it!!" I started doing this as a chore to relieve my frozen husband. However, they infected me with the plane spotting.

Can I just say that Ticknock Cross is the coldest place on God's green earth and as for that over-bridge over the M50 at Ballinteer there. Jesus wept! The kids aren't one bit bothered but it is :::freezing::: up there. Great place for "remote air traffic controlling" though. If there's ever a problem with the ATC's in Dublin, I have an 8 year old and a 6 year old who would be happy to help out. ;-)

Anyway, thanks to both Mech1 & Dublinflyer. Unwittingly, you guys have preserved the sanity of two frozen (and sometimes frazzled) parents. Not to mention getting us addicted too.
    I live just beside it and believe me it could be the calmest day of the year and the wind will still cut you in half up here. It's a real pain.
    My location is also why I'm gonna look into hosting a feed.... Bit of back up for dublin flyer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

crosstownk wrote: »
    You will also need to put your social life on hold during bad/windy weather so you can add remove frequencies as required by your demanding listeners to whom you are now enslaved.

:D

EDIT: bronn has certainly turned the pressure up by a fair few notches!

Oh the feed may/will still turn up for events like that, if Liveatc cut my link for inactivity I will still find a way to get the feed live, anyone remember watching my ladder? ( it was on the weather forum)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Im just going to throw it out there and suggest you get your own website and provide access to it at a charge. I paid for the Live ATC app, but I only ever listened to Dublin, shannon a bit if I was really bored.

Did Live ATC ever provide you with stats as to how many people were listening?

Im just going to throw it out there and suggest you get your own website and provide access to it at a charge. I paid for the Live ATC app, but I only ever listened to Dublin, shannon a bit if I was really bored.

Did Live ATC ever provide you with stats as to how many people were listening?

No exact stats but almost constantly top five here http://www.liveatc.net/topfeeds.php

I notice there Dublinflyers feed is climbing up lets all tune in and put him number one in half an hour or less!

Tune in on your computer and tablet and phone all three at once get the stats up.

9th and climbing only 19 listeners and im 3 of them, get it up there tune in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I'd say it averaged 20-25 listeners across most days, they would literally be there all the time apart from the dead of night (but you'd still get a few even then!) Then of course it'd shoot up during diversions and other events, what was the highest then 700, 800? I could be getting confused :D

This is not working, listeners are going down instead of going up !!!! 14th with 15 listeners

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Mech1 wrote: »
    I would guess that if you stood on the right spot on that bridge you could see the antenna on my house that I was receiving the signal from!
    Funny how the signal then has to travel halfway round the world to USA and back via internet to get to you, and your only 200 to 300 yards away as the crow flys.
    That is mad. Talk about air miles! :)
    jimbis wrote:
    I live just beside it and believe me it could be the calmest day of the year and the wind will still cut you in half up here. It's a real pain.
    My location is also why I'm gonna look into hosting a feed
    You're right -there is always a wind along that stretch of road. I think the carved out M50 creates a wind tunnel where it was already quite windy anyway. The gust of wind that can catch you on the over-bridge is unreal. If you do get an aerial, I hope you can bolt it securely to your roof. My folks live near there too and the wind took the sky dish plus a few roof tiles off one winter. Fair play for attempting to set this up, though.

6th with 20 listeners another 4 gets 2nd

little broadcasting window appeared, all freq not just EIDW

• Advertisement

Going live for a little while / all freq open.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Sorry to see you leaving, it was a great service. Hope to see you return bigger and better:cool:

I wish I lived closer and higher, my D777 would do the job otherwise.

Going live for a while, all freq

Going live for a while, all freq

Might as well leave it on overnight

Picking up Glasgow airport approach, not bad!

Up For the next week

We are Sitting in Dub now awaiting gate number flight EI738.

We are Sitting in Dub now awaiting gate number flight EI738.

Will be following this one on the old Mech1 radio! Safe and enjoyable trip to you!

Your aircraft is still in a hold inbound.

Over an hour delay now!

• Advertisement

Is the sound low for anyone else tonight?

fr336 wrote: »
    Is the sound low for anyone else tonight?

No one there to touch it so I would be surprised, but nothing I can do from Majorca

No one there to touch it so I would be surprised, but nothing I can do from Majorca

Some customer service this is :P

Enjoy your break Pat!

Probably my speakers being hit and miss as per

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Back at number 1 and 2 with a good few listeners due to the fire at the hanger.

360008.JPG

Appreciate your work Pat and Dublin Flyer.

Something odd happening with my volume / Sound Quality this past while, i'm working on it so bear with me.

Oh.... some news just in: Apparently the landlords missus and son both listen in to the feed on occasion, so the extreme demands for my "taxi Aerial" to be removed from the roof have melted into the background:D A little bit of education / explaining / demonstrating was needed to convince him but once that was done he wants it to stay.

Feed Stays Up:D

Oh.... some news just in: Apparently the landlords missus and son both listen in to the feed on occasion, so the extreme demands for my "taxi Aerial" to be removed from the roof have melted into the background:D A little bit of education / explaining / demonstrating was needed to convince him but once that was done he wants it to stay.

Feed Stays Up:D

That is a brilliant story :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Happy days, can say that there is a few delighted boardsies.

Landlord deserves a few presssies from this thread. :p

Advertisement