Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Alaba320

Approach frequencies only??? Most of the action is happening on tower, you won't be hearing many go-around's on approach and there's a good bit of dead air. Delivery and Ground take up most of the chatter, so dropping them is enough tightening up in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

you still have tower and approach freq.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

I think we're losing you, Pat. Or more to the point, are you losing your aerial? There's been some very strong gusts in the last 15 mins. Hope your equipment / gaff is ok.

- Eh, nevermind. I think it's the internet on this end. Or power.

bronn wrote: »
    I think we're losing you, Pat. Or more to the point, are you losing your aerial? There's been some very strong gusts in the last 15 mins. Hope your equipment / gaff is ok.

- Eh, nevermind. I think it's the internet on this end. Or power.

Just went out to have a look, Aerial looks like a fishing rod reeling in a lively shark:D. but all ok.

resetting scanner, more beeps and strange transmissions to be expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Listening to the feed while working away here all evening, worked great. Thanks Mech1!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Thanks again for feed, have enjoyed listening to everything last day or so, Ive been working with the old computer on in the background. Hairy enough for the passengers I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Well done Pat, top of the charts by a country mile, with a 116 listeners. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Mech1 wrote: »
    Just went out to have a look, Aerial looks like a fishing rod reeling in a lively shark:D. but all ok.

Brave soul....many here indebted to you.

We lost the broadband but that only served as an excuse to "go watch 'planes land and take off" from the Ballinteer overbridge. I don't know whether to thank or to throttle you. Christ - I nearly took feckin' off!! :pac:

Anyway, suffice to say, it was impossible to see anything (thank you, jeebus) but the feed was invaluable as always. The two budding air traffic controllers now have their little mitts on the aviation charts which show the beacons. LAPMO, KERAV, SORIN et al are now part of the lingo. I'm pretty sure one of them has a teddy bear called LAPMO now. :D

Seriously, though - thanks, Pat. Stellar job as always. And fair play for venturing out to check the aerial.

• Advertisement

bronn wrote: »
    We lost the broadband but that only served as an excuse to "go watch 'planes land and take off" from the Ballinteer overbridge. I don't know whether to thank or to throttle you. Christ - I nearly took feckin' off!! :pac:

Anyway, suffice to say, it was impossible to see anything (thank you, jeebus) but the feed was invaluable as always. The two budding air traffic controllers now have their little mitts on the aviation charts which show the beacons. LAPMO, KERAV, SORIN et al are now part of the lingo. I'm pretty sure one of them has a teddy bear called LAPMO now. :D

Seriously, though - thanks, Pat. Stellar job as always. And fair play for venturing out to check the aerial.

That post, makes all the investment, trouble, maintenance, criticism etc fully worthwhile.
    Thanks,

Pat.

I know you will probably nix this idea but if you ever wanted to have a voluntary paypal donation thing, then for all of the trouble you take, I'd happily forward a few shillings. Honestly, I don't think a day goes by that someone in the house doesn't tune in to the feed.

Feed opened up to all passing air traffic, probably only one side of broadcasts will be heard.

Ha EIDW closed and our feed is still in the top 10:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Merry Christmas Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Hi Pat,

I'm just listening now and I think your squelch might need to be turned up as it seems to be preventing scanning. Stuck on 132.575MHz..?

EDIT: The squelch is cutting in sometimes but other times it's keeping the frequency locked. A smidgen more squelch, methinks......

done

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yep - sorted.

Top man - as usual!

Hi Pat,
    Not very expert on this stort of thing so apologies in advance, but is it stuck on just one channel tonight?

Keep up the great work.
    Pat

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Hi Pat,
    Not very expert on this stort of thing so apologies in advance, but is it stuck on just one channel tonight?

Keep up the great work.
    Pat

Looks like your right!! fixing it now.

THANKS!
    Pat.

• Advertisement

Looks like your right!! fixing it now.

THANKS!
    Pat.

Fair play Pat sounding great :)

Many thanks

Ears stretched wide open tonight, just checking reception / range after the winds we have had.
    Back to normal in the morning about 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

Just a heads up but the Dublin Center South Lower frequency has changed and is now 135.650MHz.

Out at DUB at the moment and was trying to listen in on the iPad with mobile connection, it appears the feed is down anyone else getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Out at DUB at the moment and was trying to listen in on the iPad with mobile connection, it appears the feed is down anyone else getting this?

yeah its down for me also

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Feed is showing up but there is no audio.

My fault, should be sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Pat i think at this stage we all owe you pints and if your not a drinking man maybe a whip around to cover some sort of cost for you atleast

• Advertisement

My fault, should be sorted now.

Fair play to you Pat.
    She's up and running, loud and clear.

Advertisement