Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

NH2013 wrote: »
    Just a heads up but the Dublin Center South Lower frequency has changed and is now 135.650MHz.

I just remembered this post, adding it to the feed again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭DublinKev

Hi Mech1. I'm trying to find out if it is your feed that is used for the Internet radio versions of the ATC coverage for EIDW, EINN and EICK? The stations have been off the air lately on my Roberts internet radio and they are not even appearing in the Search facility for Irish stations now anymore. I know the online ATC.net is still available but it was very handy having them on the internet radios.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Nortcider

DublinKev wrote: »
    Hi Mech1. I'm trying to find out if it is your feed that is used for the Internet radio versions of the ATC coverage for EIDW, EINN and EICK? The stations have been off the air lately on my Roberts internet radio and they are not even appearing in the Search facility for Irish stations now anymore. I know the online ATC.net is still available but it was very handy having them on the internet radios.

Thanks.
    Did you do a software update on the radio recently? I did and lost the ATC links so maybe that's your issue?

Nortcider wrote: »
    Did you do a software update on the radio recently? I did and lost the ATC links so maybe that's your issue?

Hi Nortcider. Interestingly, yes, I did, only a week or two ago. Is there any way to get them back? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Nortcider

Hi Nortcider. Interestingly, yes, I did, only a week or two ago. Is there any way to get them back? thanks.

Assuming you are using the Frontier Radio Portal site I think the only way is to set up a new account and link the radio to it. That's what I did anyway. I couldn't see any means of reconnecting the radio to the old account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Feed is down for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Hi Pat,
    It looks like the Gremlins are at work this evening, not getting a glimmer of recption.
    Cheers and thanks for all the hard work.
    Pat

Should be back up now, scanner power supply failure, new one fitted and all good again.

Mech1 wrote: »
    Should be back up now, scanner power supply failure, new one fitted and all good again.

Thanks for all the effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Thank you Mr Mech1. All the work you do to keep this going is appreciated.

• Advertisement

Thanks.
    Assuming you are using the Frontier Radio Portal site I think the only way is to set up a new account and link the radio to it. That's what I did anyway. I couldn't see any means of reconnecting the radio to the old account.

Sorry for the late reply, but just for future thread readers, I havent got a feckin clue what your talkin about, but really hope you got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Off the air for 66 mins and counting, just FYI.

internet down at home, dont know when service will be resumed.

Awh pity, especially since the weather's poor.

For some reason it seems to be playing the Cork feed.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Awh pity, especially since the weather's poor.

For some reason it seems to be playing the Cork feed.

whats playing the cork feed?

whats playing the cork feed?

Your feed! It says unavailable on my phone, but upon tapping it plays, but it plays the cork feed.

doesnt on my phone (android)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

doesnt on my phone (android)

Nor on mine (iPhone).

It did on my phone (Android), but no longer.

Any return in sight Mech? Thanks

Fault in the area apparently, time for fix estimated @ 3pm.

• Advertisement

Back up now thanks Mech!

none of my doing, I didnt break it and I didnt fix it.

Just thank god or someone that I will have broadband for the weekend otherwise i mighta had to talk to the missus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

none of my doing, I didnt break it and I didnt fix it.

Just thank god or someone that I will have broadband for the weekend otherwise i mighta had to talk to the missus!

Close shave :)

Sorry for the late reply, but just for future thread readers, I havent got a feckin clue what your talkin about, but really hope you got sorted.

Not that complicated really. Most people probably listen to the feeds on phones or online etc... But there are also feeds for EIDW, EINN, EICK etc... available when you search for Irish Internet stations on digital radios. For the last few months they have not been appearing. I was just wondering was it your feed that was being used for these stations? Hope that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Mech1 is based in Dublin. He receives the VHF signal in south Dublin on his scanner and streams it to LiveATC (remarkably clear given his distance from the airport). There's no way he could receive VHF (ground) from Cork or Shannon with that level of clarity and signal strength. Although I'm sure he has tried. The quality of ground aircraft transmissions from EIDW on Mech1's feed is impressive given he's 15km away with a marginal elevation gain. Airborne transmissions are easier as VHF is more or less line of sight.

It's just local radio streamed to the internet.

Think of it like receiving RedFM on your FM radio in Dublin or Q102 on your radio in Cork (bear in mind that FM stations have a significantly higher power output than aircraft).

Top job, Mech1.

Excuse me,,, but its actually 16.81 km from mid point runway 28 to my antenna:D

[IMG][/img]map.jpg

Ok, thanks, that answers my question, no involvement from Mech1 on the DAB streams.

I'd still love to know why they are no longer available on internet radio anymore.

Thanks for the liveatc feed Mech1, keep up the good work.

PS, another question (Columbo moment here) There are many many ATC feeds available on liveatc.net, so am I correct in assuming that, like in Mech1's case, these feeds are just other people around Europe or worldwide uploading a VHF stream of their local ATC broadcast to the www?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Is there a reason there's only one Dublin feed now ? To be honest I find the current one unlistenable as there are too many frequencies. I think delivery should be dropped as you hear for little of the tower as is.

maximum12 wrote: »
    Is there a reason there's only one Dublin feed now ? To be honest I find the current one unlistenable as there are too many frequencies. I think delivery should be dropped as you hear for little of the tower as is.

The person who ran the other feed moved away, they posted here on this thread.

I think that the feed can be a little crowded, but Mech usually drops un-needed feed in periods of bad weather so we can hear more of the tower and approach.

• Advertisement

Listen guys its your feed, someone do a poll on freq's wanted, then thats what you get.

It makes no odds to me at all. As i said before I know feck all about this gig, what comes out means very little to me, im more interested in the technology that can make it happen.

Go on someone list out the freq and set up a poll thread.....

Advertisement