Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Mech1 wrote: »
    Listen guys its your feed, someone do a poll on freq's wanted, then thats what you get.

It makes no odds to me at all. As i said before I know feck all about this gig, what comes out means very little to me, im more interested in the technology that can make it happen.

Go on someone list out the freq and set up a poll thread.....

No need Pat, more than happy with what you are doing.
    Again many thanks for your dedication and hard work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Shannon Control

Listen guys its your feed, someone do a poll on freq's wanted, then thats what you get.

It makes no odds to me at all. As i said before I know feck all about this gig, what comes out means very little to me, im more interested in the technology that can make it happen.

Go on someone list out the freq and set up a poll thread.....

We all really appreciate the work you do...

Won't bother doing a poll, but recently what's really been annoying is the bloody EIN ops guys with a stuck mic (happening right now actually). Do people like having that on it? I think:

121.875- DW DEL
    118.750- DW GND North
    121.800- DW GND
    118.600- DW TWR
    121.100- DW APP
    119.925- DW Finals
    124.650- DW ACC
    132.575- DW ACC
    129.175- DW ACC
    135.650- DW ACC

Is making a separate feed, like one aerodrome and one area difficult? I.e have all aerodrome frequencies on one, and then approach and area on another? Not familiar with this sorry - I think people would like this..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Is making a separate feed, like one aerodrome and one area difficult? I.e have all aerodrome frequencies on one, and then approach and area on another? Not familiar with this sorry - I think people would like this..

I agree - two feeds would be luxury.

However, It would require Mech1 to have a second scanner and a second means to upload the stream from that scanner - maybe a Raspberry PI or similar if his current equipment can't support a second upstream feed. All this would cost a few bob. Already it has cost Mech1 a fair few quid - scanner, antenna upgrades etc so the best solution is for someone else to provide a second feed so the current one can be 'tightened' in terms of frequencies.

That's just my 2c.

The current feed is one of the best in terms of quality and content on LiveATC and personally, I think it's excellent as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Its very understandable that a stuck mic is annoying, i would have assumed they had it fixed by now! Gone out of the feed as of this minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Feed is dead quiet for the past hour at least, something's probably up on your side mech.

Thanks Mech :)

• Advertisement

Should be fine now, someone decided to alter my default audio devices last night!

Power cut here, no idea when back up.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Power cut here, no idea when back up.

Ditto for my home place

Im gonna drop the Ground freq out of the mix for a few days, see how we get on, any big objections?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Fine here.

• Advertisement

Im gonna drop the Ground freq out of the mix for a few days, see how we get on, any big objections?

None really, would the delivery be better?

The Tower is the one we all like to hear, personally followed by the approach.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    None really, would the delivery be better?

Ground gone now, might get rid of delivery too:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Carnacalla wrote: »

Agree, these are the ones that really tell you what is going on at the airport. There's loads of activity on ground but it's all just issuing taxi instructions so of no real interest.

maximum12 wrote: »
    Agree, these are the ones that really tell you what is going on at the airport. There's loads of activity on ground but it's all just issuing taxi instructions so of no real interest.

I'd disagree slightly, delivery is obviously no big deal. Could we drop Ground north - 118.750 and delivery? I think ground is very interesting in the morning when Dual Ops are in use, and tower is my favorite also - when it's busy of course :pac:

So its been a week now without the Ground freq, Delivery will be gone missing in the morning.

All comments will be taken heed of and if enough support we can drop or reinstate any freq at EIDW.
    EIN ops 131.5 Gone as of 23/08/2016
    Dublin Ground 121.800 Gone as of 28/9/2016
    Dublin Clearance Delivery 121.875 Gone just now. 06/10/2016
    Dublin FIS 118.500 Gone just now. 06/10/2016

Dunno how I feel about Ground being gone, but I suppose most of it was useless anyway.

Ideally, there would be multiple feeds available, but I'm very happy to have one at all, and it's great that Mech1 will listen to us and our suggestions!

This is really good now. Thanks.

So how did today go, no complaints yet?

Would love ground back, I find it interesting as it is great fun in the morning rush! But great job getting rid of the other ones, appreciate it Mech1

Listening in now for the first time, much less congestion and easier to follow.

• Advertisement

Would love ground back, I find it interesting as it is great fun in the morning rush! But great job getting rid of the other ones, appreciate it Mech1

As it is there are no silent gaps on the feed in the mornings. Adding back ground would be a mistake imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Dublin ground is very busy and would dominate if left in the feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Just now RYR48JR reporting green laser pointed at him while coming in over Portmarnock.

maximum12 wrote: »
    As it is there are no silent gaps on the feed in the mornings. Adding back ground would be a mistake imo.

OK, good point.

So, 2 weeks since the last freq cuts, how ye all gettin on with it?

Any better or should we revert? any more chops needed?

Hows the quality and volume?

So, 2 weeks since the last freq cuts, how ye all gettin on with it?

Any better or should we revert? any more chops needed?

Hows the quality and volume?

All good.

sorry guys but the computer is dying gotta disconnect this, not gonna have the dosh for a new decent computer till the new year at the soonest, bye.

gotta backup now as much as i can.

still can access here through phone.

Awh Mech :(

Thanks for your service anyway, sad that both Dublin frequencies are both gone :(

all donations welcome pm me if help available

• Advertisement

installing software on my work laptop at the min we might get back up for a while

Advertisement