Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I'm not aware of other boardsies setting up the feeds but I'm probably not around the forum enough to notice.

To be fair you Pat, you've given your fair share of time in providing the broadcasts to us on here at your own cost for the love it. It wouldn't be without your effort that we get to enjoy it. And at the same time, Boards.ie benefit from our interaction on here. After all, they get their money from the avdertising revenue amongst other things. This is my reasoning and my two cents worth to the cause. I think you're owed a favour anyway.

I do apologise if I haven't noticed any efforts by other fellow boardsies.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Many thanks JCX BXC got that message*

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Maybe you could broadcast christmas fm while you wait for a new atc dish?It raises money for charity so it would be good alternative .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Snowc wrote: »
    Maybe you could broadcast christmas fm while you wait for a new atc dish?It raises money for charity so it would be good alternative .

It's the computer that is the problem for Mech, not the dish, and I don't think anyone fancies tuning into a radio station instead of ATC, nor do I think Live ATC will allow it.

Will really miss the feed this evening with dense fog expected.

Some good news!!
    Dave Pascoe the owner of LiveAtc has been in touch, he is throwing in a donation towards the pc and also sending a preconfigured rasberry pi to to setup a second feed:D

Many thanks for the help so far, you know who you are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Mech1 wrote: »
    Some good news!!
    Dave Pascoe the owner of LiveAtc has been in touch, he is throwing in a donation towards the pc and also sending a preconfigured rasberry pi to to setup a second feed:D

Many thanks for the help so far, you know who you are.

Excellent news indeed, that will indeed help with keeping the feed close to the top of the list.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Good news above aside,
    Donations still very much needed if your in a position to help. 3 donations received already and thank you all for the offers of help.
    Pat.

JCX BXC you need to clean out your messages cant reply

JCX BXC you need to clean out your messages cant reply

Done, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

Any issues with flights near dublin tonight ? Theres some serious fog around tonight !

• Advertisement

thomasj wrote: »
    Any issues with flights near dublin tonight ? Theres some serious fog around tonight !

LVP's in place so ops are slow, delays on arrivals and departures, no diversions or cancellations yet.

The flight radar thread is probably the best for those quieries.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

Hey i have a spare pi3 if you need it? Also if you need any small IT equipment let me know. Memory/Hard drives etc.....

What's up with the PC?

eusap wrote: »
    Hey i have a spare pi3 if you need it? Also if you need any small IT equipment let me know. Memory/Hard drives etc.....

What's up with the PC?

Smoke and popping noise is the problem, from the motherboard and power supply maybe more.

I might save some components, but its all getting old and unreliable. Im building/ testing a basic old system at the moment and actually getting somewhere:pac:

Live atc is sending me a pre configured Pi and to be honest learning how to program one to work would be a problem for me at the moment.

If things go well we could be looking at a reasonably quick return to normal, and a much improved service in the near future

loaner laptop just arrived from next door, getting installed now, live in 10 min I hope but only temp.( tonight )

or as long as I can feed him beer / wine:D

loaner laptop just arrived from next door, getting installed now, live in 10 min I hope but only temp.( tonight )

or as long as I can feed him beer / wine:D

Great!

Shannon feed didn't quite do it for me :(

up now

up now

Ahhh refreshing!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

up now

Hero! Thanks pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

up now

Thanks for all the updates and the service, has been missed the last few days.

Sent you on a small amount there as a token of gratitude. Hopefully all gets sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Ah deadly! Loud & clear again. Sent on a few spondoolicks to you. Thanks for all you do.

• Advertisement

bronn wrote: »
    Ah deadly! Loud & clear again. Sent on a few spondoolicks to you. Thanks for all you do.

remember its only temp for tonight, dead air tomorrow im afraid but things are starting to look up thanks to the likes of yourself.

Many many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Wow, Pat. Your commitment to keeping this feed up is just brilliant. I haven't been listening much in the last 6 months or so and I came across this thread today.

For the record (and it's just the bits that I know), Pat has invested quite a bit of his own time and money into this over the last few years. He's bought a specific antenna, replaced scanners that blew up, climbed up on his roof to raise the antenna that extra and all important meter, made adjustments within minutes of suggestions/problems being reported on this thread, adjusted the feed/scan bank to suit opinions from this thread and probably more that I can't think of. And the mad bit is that he's not really 'into' aviation like some here!!

Pay day is approaching and I'll be making a donation. Transparency is not necessary for me - Pat's proven dedication is enough.

Fair play, Pat. You're a legend.

Dave Pascoe (LiveAtc) has been on again and he is looking at some mods to the pi he is sending,

quote:
    "What type of antenna do you currently use? And remind me again how far you are from EIDW.

Depending on those answers I can also outfit the Pi with some SDR radios to help split out EIDW traffic to separate channels."

I have replied with the answers but what exactly does that mean?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Sounds like he's trying to change the config so that each channel will be on a separate feed, so if you're listening to tower, you only get tower, and then approach will be on another channel, so from a user point of view, a much better experience, and both sides of the conversation without any interruption from other channels. If he can make that happen, it will be a very big plus, and should increase the audience figures even more.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Sounds like he's trying to change the config so that each channel will be on a separate feed, so if you're listening to tower, you only get tower, and then approach will be on another channel, so from a user point of view, a much better experience, and both sides of the conversation without any interruption from other channels. If he can make that happen, it will be a very big plus, and should increase the audience figures even more.

Would it still be possible to listen to several channels simultaneously with this setup?

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Would it still be possible to listen to several channels simultaneously with this setup?

I will make danm sure you can!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

I will make danm sure you can!!!

Even 3 would do. Approach depature higher lower etc. Tower ground and then ats clearance company etc? What do u think pat?

I'm just throwing out ideas btw folks I'm sure pat or someone else will have a better way to split them

Razor44 wrote: »
    Even 3 would do. Approach depature higher lower etc. Tower ground and then ats clearance company etc? What do u think pat?

I'm just throwing out ideas btw folks I'm sure pat or someone else will have a better way to split them

Thats for later consideration, at the moment my heads melted just thinkin where we go tomorrow, but I recon its sorted via bits and pieces bolted together tonight, operating system in mid install and my neighbour who's laptop we are listening to is getting bored:eek:

going off air, hope to be back sometime tomorrow evening if all goes good.

Thanks again to everyone for your support.

I have invited Dave Pascoe LiveAtc owner to join up to this forum in order to answer any questions or even just general discussion, dont know if he will or wont.

Back asap Donations still required, Pat. https://www.paypal.me/tohelpgetthisbackup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

Donation made

Advertisement