Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

depending upon this old machines reliability we should be almost fulltime on air now.
    upgrades to come in the following weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Mech1 wrote: »
    depending upon this old machines reliability we should be almost fulltime on air now.
    upgrades to come in the following weeks.

Your dedication is spectacular! Thanks so much!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Get your Tee Shirts

7100c4775e8b99d24f0527ac57d384bd.jpg

Ok sorry but a little more disturbance, I have been reading up on the pi sdr radios that LiveAtc are sending.

Each one seems to be able to run 2 channels of 2 freq, but with a max deviation of +-1.25mhs on any channel so say 116.000 as your set point it can reach 117.2500 max and 114.7500 minimum.

So I gotta list out the freq running in the new mix we have now, and also check any other freq that we may put on another feed or two!

Its gonna take
    1. 10 min or so max just flickin through the active channels writing them down.

2. lots of time finding all eidw freq and identifing same. (help needed, if you know them all, pm me or just post them up if your able to).

3. working out what can go inside a +- 1.25mhz band that also is suitable in a mix.

Doing part 1 tonight, so maybe @ midnight we will be stuck on a freq for 30 sec or so each, let me know if that clashes with something your particularly waiting for.

Pat.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Pat,

I think this is up to date, just grabbed it online

Tower 118.600
    Approach Radar 121.100
    Secondary Approach Freq 119.550
    Dublin Centre North (primary centre freq) 129.175
    Dublin Centre South 126.250
    Ground movements 121.800
    Clearance delivery 121.875
    Dublin FIS 118.500

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement

On the computer front, I have ordered some parts already for the new build (that will go ahead anyway), but am thinking that now that i have an old dog of one doing the biz, that the donations received would be better spent on another D-777 antenna and the options that would open up to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

On the computer front, I have ordered some parts already for the new build (that will go ahead anyway), but am thinking that now that i have an old dog of one doing the biz, that the donations received would be better spent on another D-777 antenna and the options that would open up to us?

What are those options pat? For a d777

Razor44 wrote: »
    What are those options pat? For a d777

Totally different feed, maybe Weston (i have reception), or maybe all the ground freq at dublin, depends on what the setup that LiveAtc are sending can do. I already have a spare quality scanner on standby, would just need another antenna and maybe usb soundcard.

If anyone knows more about SDR radios installed on a PI let me know

Oh okay, that's very cool so. I'd have a preference for ground at eidw to be honest! (Yeap I'm still banging thay drum)

Just for Clarity and Transparency, I have received €187 approx in donations towards soon future updates (Thanks very much). And this week I have spent €105 of my own money getting a load of old bits and pieces matching and working to be in the position we are tonight.
    Pat.

• Advertisement

Thanks SC Much appreciated.

no hassle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Shannon Control

Donating tomorrow morning, love your initiative here. Frequencies:

Dublin Clearance Delivery: 121.875
    Dublin Ground 121.800
    Dublin Ground North (peak time only) 118.750
    Dublin Tower 118.600
    Dublin Approach 121.100
    Dublin Final Approach 119.925
    Dublin North Upper control 129.175
    Dublin North Lower control 132.575
    Dublin South Upper control 124.650
    Dublin South Lower control 135.650

That's all! Italics ones are only temporarily online, all others permanently on.

Razor44 wrote: »
    Oh okay, that's very cool so. I'd have a preference for ground at eidw to be honest! (Yeap I'm still banging thay drum)

Banging the drum also for that one! Really the center of the whole operation.

Ok spoke to Dave (liveAtc) on the phone today, he called me to say that the kit is in the post!:D

Now we are looking at splitting my feed into at max 3 feeds at least 2.

Splitting the antenna output reduces the strength a little so we will try 3 and maybe have to drop back to 2.

So the questions start, what is the mix you would like across 3 feeds?

what is the best mix across 2 feeds.

Looking at 3 to 4 freq max per feed but they have to be closely spaced mhz wise.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

One for just tower, one for just Tower and Ground, and one for all the rest combined, Ground, Tower, Approach, Ops etc.

I am still gonna have to upgrade my computer, but this takes the immediate pressure off that.
    I am still looking for any donations you may have towards that and also towards another antenna and coax to provide another feed that could be split again giving us full options on the freq selections.

Thanks everyone sofar,
    Pat.

DHL just mailed me tracking number so they have the kit:D

Any cheap way of adding extra ethernet ports? all my router ports are full and im gonna need at least another 2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Any cheap way of adding extra ethernet ports? all my router ports are full and im gonna need at least another 2!!

Get a switch? Standard 5 port job is 1 between router & switch, and then 4 empty.

ETA: Here's an 8 port switch http://www.komplett.ie/tp-link-gigabit-ethernet-switch-tl-sg1008d-v6-8-poorts/15346667/details.aspx

Get a switch? Standard 5 port job is 1 between router & switch, and then 4 empty.

ok? whats that? I know what a switch is but never seen a switch with ethernet ports?

Gonna google it now.

• Advertisement

ok? whats that? I know what a switch is but never seen a switch with ethernet ports?

Gonna google it now.

Added a link to help.

That's essentially it, but I would recommend one with the higher throughput (the one you linked to is 100Mbit). They're very simple to set up either way.

That should do the job nicely.

First of the donation money spent so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

What sort of coax do you need? I've a coil of RG59 there you can have if its any use.

jimbis wrote: »
    What sort of coax do you need? I've a coil of RG59 there you can have if its any use.

Thanks jimbis, I am using RG213 and wouldnt go back to the 59 but thanks anyway.

LiveAtc pi, sdr's and soundcards / splitters etc have got as far as UK East Midlands (sent from Boston USA) according to the tracking number. so hopeful for tomorrow delivery.

I am not sure about the setup times needed but things are moving forward fast.

Thanks again,
    Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Well done again for your persistence & determination.
    Was up by DUB this evening having a listen. Am I correct in thinking the delay is much shorter.?

Advertisement