Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Mech1 wrote: »
    Not great quality yet but at least he is working on them.

I'm not doubting things will improve soon, and it will take a little playing to get the best out of new hardware, but it is a good start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

I was just talking to Dave, I am going to move the feed setup into the attic space in order to shorten the coax run and remove some interference we are getting from the multitude of electronics I have running beside it at the moment so improvements to reception coming in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Just looked at the feeds on the app! Wow! Fair play pat. Be great when u have the a stuff moved and it's back up on air !

Feckin UPC internet is down again. Its been a big problem last week or so.

Feckin UPC internet is down again. Its been a big problem last week or so.

Mine was the same lastnight. Pain in the face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭TheChizler

IIRC it's only UPC's DNS servers that are down. You could try changing them to Google's on the device: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

I'm not home yet but if I remember right my DNS is already on Google

ok try the new feeds now, some shielding done and some repositioning of components.

ok try the new feeds now, some shielding done and some repositioning of components.

No feedback, are they sounding any better on the app etc?

No feedback, are they sounding any better on the app etc?

Tower fq. Aircraft clear, tower atco a bit fuzzy/interferencey

Ground fq 121.8 aircraft a bit fuzzy atco the same. Interferencey

Also great Idea to keep the general feed up too. Btw what's ground north used for?

• Advertisement

Razor44 wrote: »
    Tower fq. Aircraft clear, tower atco a bit fuzzy/interferencey

Ground fq 121.8 aircraft a bit fuzzy atco the same. Interferencey

Also great Idea to keep the general feed up too. Btw what's ground north used for?

Now you should know better than ask that!!!
    How the feck would I know!

I will refer you to a post by SC.

this one.
    Donating tomorrow morning, love your initiative here. Frequencies:

Dublin Clearance Delivery: 121.875
    Dublin Ground 121.800
    Dublin Ground North (peak time only) 118.750
    Dublin Tower 118.600
    Dublin Approach 121.100
    Dublin Final Approach 119.925
    Dublin North Upper control 129.175
    Dublin North Lower control 132.575
    Dublin South Upper control 124.650
    Dublin South Lower control 135.650

That's all! Italics ones are only temporarily online, all others permanently on.

Banging the drum also for that one! Really the center of the whole operation.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

I think ground North is there to enable 2 controllers to share managing the ramp side of things, the nature of the entry exit routes to some of the stands means a lot of RT traffic, more than can be managed by one controller, partly because of literal frequency congestion, in the same way that approach is now split into 2, as I understand it, the main approach controller gets the aircraft into the holding stacks, or spaced out to something like a plan, and then final approach deals with (if necessary) getting them out of the bottom of the stacks, and gets the separation tighter to facilitate departures and best runway utilisation.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Anybody here that can make / donate a good quality long 10/15M ethernet cable to get the feed equipment up to the attic away from any interference that my other stuff could be producing?

Wifi or power plugs are too flaky for the reliability so its gonna have to be wired downstairs to the router.

or where do i buy one at a decent price? pcworld want €13 for 2m long!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Anybody here that can make / donate a good quality long 10/15M ethernet cable to get the feed equipment up to the attic away from any interference that my other stuff could be producing?

Wifi or power plugs are too flaky for the reliability so its gonna have to be wired downstairs to the router.

or where do i buy one at a decent price? pcworld want €13 for 2m long!

In their dreams! Do you need CAT5 or CAT6? I recall you mentioned you're over Sandyford way most days, I have a source of supply in Killiney that could make one available for collect, and the price is sensible, if that's any help. Cat 5 is less than half that for a 20 Mtr cable, and Cat 6 20 Mtr is also less than PC world, and should be available for collect.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

In their dreams! Do you need CAT5 or CAT6? I recall you mentioned you're over Sandyford way most days, I have a source of supply in Killiney that could make one available for collect, and the price is sensible, if that's any help. Cat 5 is less than half that for a 20 Mtr cable, and Cat 6 20 Mtr is also less than PC world, and should be available for collect.

that sounds perfect pm me details, cat5 would suffice i think

that sounds perfect pm me details, cat5 would suffice i think

If your stuck I have some cat5 here in raheny. I'll check the lenth tomorrow.

I also need a few meters of cat6 after the dog got at the last one....

Razor44 wrote: »
    If your stuck I have some cat5 here in raheny. I'll check the lenth tomorrow.

I also need a few meters of cat6 after the dog got at the last one....

thanks, think im sorted with Steve, but thanks again.

We just got another new feed up, clearance/delivery.

ok everyones thoughts sofar on the increased feeds, if you want it right you gotta comment and let me know.
    The broadband went out again tonight but i have no control over that.
    Is this worth my time pursuing? no one is giving me real live feedback. Tell me what you think good or bad. Maybe you guys are not the main body of listeners?
    im gonna have to pull the stats from Dave to find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Loud and clear on all feeds, Pat. I'm with poxy UPC / Virgin Media too so it's hard to tell if the silences are "Feed down" or just slow traffic. Since you separated out the feeds, things are a lot clearer. Approach is clear as bell this eve. I reckon we need a good wind storm to really tell. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

EIDW APP: Very clear feed - some slight static on ground-air, but does not interfere with clear listening.
    EIDW GND: Similar static issues, possibly a little more than on APP.
    EIDW TWR: Very clear and easy to listen to. A buzzing sound heard in back of ground-air, but not major.
    EIDW APP (Final): Feed up, frequency not in use at time of compilation of post.
    EIDW DEL: Feed up, frequency not in use at time of compilation of post.
    EIDW GND (North): Feed up, frequency not in use at time of compilation of post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Agree with others, not always crystal clear but I'm sure you'll sort that out. Brilliant having the seperate feeds though, makes such a difference at such a busy airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Ha ha! Look at all those feeds. So cool. Well done, Pat!

I have a box of CAT5 cable (on a reel) if you need it. I can drop it up over the weekend if you like. PM me if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G

Top marks to Mech1 for supplying such an outstanding resource.

It is great to be able to select the different feeds - so much easier to follow a particular aircraft than hoping to hear it in during a scan of several freqs. :D

I arrived home yesterday to a brand new super duper long ethernet cable, hand delivered to my house by IrishSteve. Many many thanks, Hope to get the feed equipment moved up closer to the antenna soon.

Depends on weather a lot and also Im awaiting delivery of a second antenna so all that work will be rolled into the one weekend.

Hopefully the higher pole mount for both antennas joined with the shorter coax runs will improve the current feeds reception issues and also provide a connection point for at least my spare scanner (maybe a pi / sdr setup on also) in order to expand to ops / weston / etc.

Some evidence of donation money spent recently

CART ITEMS
    Product Name Quantity Price Sub total Diamond D777 1 £64.95 £64.95 BNC PLUG RG213 CLAMP, TOP HAT COMPRESSION 2 £4.49 £8.98 MESSI & PAOLONI PL259 for Airborne 10, Ultraflex10, BROAD PRO 50, RG213, RG214 2 £6.29 £12.58
    Sub Total : Delivery Charge :
    £86.51 £16.00
    Grand Total : £102.51
    Including VAT Charge : £14.43
    Thanks for buying on ML&S Martin Lynch & Sons Team

sorry formatting not as per invoice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Shannon Control

bronn wrote: »
    Loud and clear on all feeds, Pat. I'm with poxy UPC / Virgin Media too so it's hard to tell if the silences are "Feed down" or just slow traffic. Since you separated out the feeds, things are a lot clearer. Approach is clear as bell this eve. I reckon we need a good wind storm to really tell. :pac:

Exactly !! :D

Such a great job with the feeds Pat. They're really a massive upgrade. All clear and fine to me.

Would it be an idea to replace ground north with a GND & TWR feed put together?

• Advertisement

Exactly !! :D

Such a great job with the feeds Pat. They're really a massive upgrade. All clear and fine to me.

Would it be an idea to replace ground north with a GND & TWR feed put together?

sorry but the SDR radio config doesnt allow mixing freq on the one feed, its a bit complicated to explain, but I am looking at putting something else together soon that might help.

Advertisement