Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

looking to add in my spare scanner and a old laptop that i have got running.

wiring will look like this:
    [IMG][/img]LIVEATC%20SETUP.png

lots of pressure on my antenna output but sofar its doing better than expected.

scanner 2 will be op's etc at EIDW and weston tower mixed in

Also our 2nd antenna and connectors have arrived this evening into Heathrow, so expecting Wed delivery and installation over Christmas holidays weather permitting.

A new Router / Hub on the way from Virgin media, will be installed by this weekend, means broadband increased to 240mbs and 40% discount off my bill for 6 months! Call them this week if your with them as they have released us all from contract due to their service changes (1908 then option 4 then option 2) threaten to cancel.

Scanner 2 will also be my goto feed to add / remove or mix in anything of interest on the day in question so if its windy we might go approach tower mix, or if a heavy snowfall or icing it could be ground / tower mix, or airshows or following any other interesting situation if im at home and know about the situation.
    so always worth checking it once it gets up!

The new antenna will immediately upon installation remove the pressure from antenna 1 and improve reception across all feeds by halving the connection insertion losses across the system and also give us more options for feed expansion.

Remember your donations made this all possible.

Many thanks,
    Pat.

Oh dear, new arrival location of our new antenna is Tamworth, was 10 min from Heathrow 4 hours ago:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Looks like it is heading for EMA. Does it have to go through Portlaoise before it gets to you? Anytime I have posted anything to Ireland I'm always told this.

• Advertisement

Thanks again to Jimbis on here who at very short notice today threw a connecting cable together.

It has allowed me to move quickly to the next step of incorporating a second scanner into the setup and we are now awaiting LiveAtc to agree and get it online!

This feed will be my play about feed, as you all have surely heard over the years i could be broadcasting anything that takes my interest at anytime so hope Dave understands and labels it correctly!

Foggy43 wrote: »
    Looks like it is heading for EMA. Does it have to go through Portlaoise before it gets to you? Anytime I have posted anything to Ireland I'm always told this.

No idea, all new to me this online shopping lark:D

The spare scanner is a much more complicated beast than my usual one so if it goes live you will have to bear with me while i get my head around tuning it and flicking freq etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

I have no idea what that picture means or really, understand what you're doing at all, at all. But it's brill, so as always, thanks! :D

just got news that its up!!!
    gotta check it now I left Atis running on it, gotta get out of bed gimme 5

• Advertisement

I have just put it on a full airband scan while i read the destructions.
    lets all start on page 1
    http://www.servicedocs.com/artikelen/7200238660001.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

I'm only too happy to help out where I can Pat! Just like everyone else here I really appreciate the feed/s. Now all I need is the time to listen in :o.

Ok think its setup for ops at Ryanair and Aer Lingus also security type freq mixed in.
    Nothing happening this time of night so gotta wait till morning to confirm.

As always gimme a shout if you want summut different.

So just a finishing note tonight,

Another new feed setup and is live tonight! Its called "EIDW Ops"

Its freq listing has been left at Misc because its a totally moveable feast.

It may or may not at anytime be broadcasting the ops freq's, it is totally up to me, and guided by you, what we are hearing on that channel at any time. So dont be moaning at me or LiveAtc if its not doing what you expect.

This channel is running off a top of the range scanner, so almost anything is possible, we might end up some night listening to the Coastguard (Go Sully!) or irish rail or Dublin bus if needs be.

Any amount of freq could be in this channel mix if needed.

The base setting for this channel is EIDW op's so if anyone has any interesting op's freq please let me know.

Oh and more separate feeds still in the pipeline so stay tuned.

Pat.

Sorry one other thing to remind everyone of.

Every feed channel is now recorded separately into the LiveAtc archives and they are searchable, so if you missed something go back there and you can find and replay it all in full.

Virgin media delivered the new hub / router and promptly disabled my old one, so no internet at home until i get back there this evening and install new one.

new hub installed we are back up, maybe a few disconnects as i setup the wifi pass ssid etc.

As you can see above our new set of ears arrived !!!

lots of tidying up and nailing down to a board comes next,

Then install antenna and move all the feed gear into the attic bar scanner 2 its going beside my bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Well done Pat, you mentioned Coast Guard earlier. I'd be interested in hearing some Marine frequencies. Slightly off topic I know. I'm not sure if you have an interest in it, but I can help you out with what frequencies are used for general Coast Guard and marine comms to get it up and running.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

astrofluff wrote: »
    Well done Pat, you mentioned Coast Guard earlier. I'd be interested in hearing some Marine frequencies. Slightly off topic I know. I'm not sure if you have an interest in it, but I can help you out with what frequencies are used for general Coast Guard and marine comms to get it up and running.

ok just for a while, the op's channel is now full marine, tune in, dont know if you will hear anything, but i have reasonable reception if i remember right.

Just confirming Dublin port radio and nearby shipping coming in loud and clear. Marine only until 23.20

Today the op's channel is listening to op's plus Weston tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

The ops channel doesn't seem to be getting archived. Not sure if this is intentional or if its a bug?

:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Once again, well done Pat on you commitment and dedication.

Whats the best Normal mix for the op's channel meantime? its very quiet on its own.

Op's @ EIDW + Weston?

Op's + approach + tower?

Op's + Ground + tower?

Another idea?

Weston will eventually (soon) get its own page / channel btw, once the new antenna goes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Sent you a donation Mech hopefully you will use it on equipment and not booze;)

• Advertisement

Snowc wrote: »
    Sent you a donation Mech hopefully you will use it on equipment and not booze;)

I dont drink, much, but you better check paypal no donation received yet, but thanks anyway.

Advertisement