Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Mech1 wrote: »
    Whats the best Normal mix for the op's channel meantime? its very quiet on its own.

Op's @ EIDW + Weston?

Op's + approach + tower?

Op's + Ground + tower?

Another idea?
    Ops and Weston I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

its evenings like this we really do appreciate Pats work. UAE164 out of Dublin has climbed to 6000ft and will be returning to Dublin once a fuel dump is completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

ok just for a while, the op's channel is now full marine, tune in, dont know if you will hear anything, but i have reasonable reception if i remember right.

Thanks for that Pat but I wasn't around to listen in unfortunately. Perhaps it's a Marine forum discussion, but :), I'd certainly like to see what it takes to set up a system in the future. I'm interested in Maine frequencies and SAR ops and it would be nice to have a dedicated setup for myself that I can stream on my phone wherever I am.

Excellent work as always!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

astrofluff wrote: »
    Thanks for that Pat but I wasn't around to listen in unfortunately. Perhaps it's a Marine forum discussion, but :), I'd certainly like to see what it takes to set up a system in the future. I'm interested in Maine frequencies and SAR ops and it would be nice to have a dedicated setup for myself that I can stream on my phone wherever I am.

Excellent work as always!

If your about now I can swing the feed over to Marine for an hour or so.

Got the op's feed sorted today for mobile use! I have bought a 4G mobile router, http://www.three.ie/online/data/contract/huawei-e5573-black/?src=p

and I already have a little handheld airband scanner, join those to my cheapo laptop and we are on the road to Bray or anywhere with a live feed output!

• Advertisement

This is a move I have been planning for a few years, to be able to go mobile live streaming is almost a dream come true, it wont happen too often (as we dont often have the need) but now its possible.

As i said earlier in the thread, the op's channel is totally free and at my discretion as to what it outputs, so a few day trips may be coming up.

As another benefit it gives me a second stable home network when needed, as in when my Virgin media goes down i can still broadcast if im at home to set it up.

AND, We can throw up the odd live outside broadcast video feed!!! (possibly, I have the gear, but untested).

So today is a good day!

op's channel is now approach and tower for the weather.

im gonna try a change of plan to improve reception, gonna put the mix channel and te ops channel only onto the antenna, dropping the other feeds meantime.

All feeds enabled again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Pat, you're an absolute LEGEND! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2017, keep up the fantastic work.

Billie

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas to all you guys on here and to all the listeners wherever they may be,
    Many many thanks to the people that helped me along recently, and I hope you got / will get a payback by my efforts to improve this feed.

Bring on the better weather so I can get our new antenna up and running.

Everyone can enjoy a break tomorrow as EIDW is all but closed but I can be sure a few dedicated souls will still be tuned in just in case.

Happy Christmas again and I wish you all well.

Op's channel back on op's and Weston, Weston is busy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

Happy Christmas to all you guys on here and to all the listeners wherever they may be,
    Many many thanks to the people that helped me along recently, and I hope you got / will get a payback by my efforts to improve this feed.

Bring on the better weather so I can get our new antenna up and running.

Everyone can enjoy a break tomorrow as EIDW is all but closed but I can be sure a few dedicated souls will still be tuned in just in case.

Happy Christmas again and I wish you all well.
    (very!) belated Happy Returns, Mech1. Regular tuner-in here. Thanks for all your work on the feed in the past & into the future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Feeds appear up but silent, app and web. Receiver down perhaps?

Edit: Just came back alive.

Op's channel back to Op's and Weston, sorry I let the weather run for a few days longer than expected, I forgot about it!

ED E wrote: »
    Feeds appear up but silent, app and web. Receiver down perhaps?

Edit: Just came back alive.

Must have been a LiveAtc problem, nothing touched here.:confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Apologies if intruding on the thread but would there be any interest in a Kerry/KIR/EIKY feed? Going to see if it's possible from here and if so should be able to follow through with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

marno21 wrote: »
    Apologies if intruding on the thread but would there be any interest in a Kerry/KIR/EIKY feed? Going to see if it's possible from here and if so should be able to follow through with it.

Wouldn't be an every day listen, but if it's something you're interested in doing as a project and doesn't cause too much hassle, I'm sure it'd be interesting occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'd definitely be interested, I've always noticed the lack of a Kerry feed, especially when the weather is poor.

Go for it man! The more coverage of Ireland the better.

If I can advise in any way just ask.

Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

It's fairly quiet there for a large portion of the day, but as has been said, increased coverage of another Irish airport wouldn't go astray. It's getting busier there in recent times, particularly with executive/private traffic.

What's E6 that's closed, a taxiway or a helicopter spot perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

What's E6 that's closed, a taxiway or a helicopter spot perhaps?

Echo 6, 3rd last exit before the end of RWY 28 and the last high speed exit on RWY 28 or the 3rd entrance onto RWY 10. For take off on RWY 10 the aircraft use B7 and E7 for entry onto the RWY 10, you'll see some Stobarts using E6 for RWY entry as they don't need as much run on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

Yeah I wonder what has it closed, maintenance work maybe?

billie1b wrote: »
    Echo 6, 3rd last exit before the end of RWY 28 and the last high speed exit on RWY 28 or the 3rd entrance onto RWY 10. For take off on RWY 10 the aircraft use B7 and E7 for entry onto the RWY 10, you'll see some Stobarts using E6 for RWY entry as they don't need as much run on it.

Ta! That's why they were disappointed for it not to be open on approach.
    Yeah I wonder what has it closed, maintenance work maybe?

Controller said the 14th I think so guess its a big job(resurfacing?).

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Controller said the 14th I think so guess its a big job(resurfacing?).

14th March according to the NOTAM.

Details of work and closures in the AIP and NOTAMs
    http://iaip.iaa.ie/iaip/Published%20Files/SUPP%20Files/2016/EI_SUP_2016_13_EN.pdf

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Regarding the Kerry ATC post I made a few weeks ago, I'll try and have it up by the summer reception dependant. No internet access at the minute to feed it.

If I've any success with it I'll look into the Shanwick Oceanic frequencies too.

Shannon Higher is back on air.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Shannon Higher is back on air.

Are the Shannon higher frequencies thrown in on the Tower/Ground stream as well?

• Advertisement

Are the Shannon higher frequencies thrown in on the Tower/Ground stream as well?

Nope, there is Shannon Approach/Tower/Ground on one feed, and the other feed has Shannon Control and Shanwick.

Advertisement