Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Nope, there is Shannon Approach/Tower/Ground on one feed, and the other feed has Shannon Control and Shanwick.
    Was listening into the App/Twr/Gnd one and they were on about transatlantic flights all night one day last week. Must have switched around again so.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

marno21 wrote: »
    Was listening into the App/Twr/Gnd one and they were on about transatlantic flights all night one day last week. Must have switched around again so.

Well, it's not supposed to be Shannon Control at least!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Well, it's not supposed to be Shannon Control at least!
    Trying Shannon High now. What does the Shanwick 127.65 one consist of? Is it a copy of the HF broadcasts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

127.65 and 123.950 are oceanic clearances

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Well Doris Blew and Blew, But we are still erect and fully functioning:D

• Advertisement

Someone reading the weather on the Cork feed!

Edit: Finished now, that was unusual!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Pilot reported FOD post takeoff this morning, anyone listening find out if ops found anything? Lost the feed quickly thereafter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

Might just be me/my phone but there seems to be no audio from the Del/Gnd/Twr/App stream the last two days? Anyone else having the same problem? Using the Live ATC app on Android

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Same here just now.Channel is showing up but just low background noise.

None of the Dublin feeds are working whatsoever, just background noise as above.

• Advertisement

Im heading out to work now, but I have seen your reports and will sort it this evening if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Does anybody have the ASL company frequency to share?

hows that now?

Mech1 wrote: »
    hows that now?

Perfect! Thanks again Mech!

No idea what caused it, i unplugged the usb soundcard and rebooted it, seems to have worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

Mech1 wrote: »
    No idea what caused it, i unplugged the usb soundcard and rebooted it, seems to have worked.

Thanks a million Mech! Your work is greatly appreciated

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Well done Mech, as always.;)

de biz wrote: »
    Does anybody have the ASL company frequency to share?

Try phoning the Tower, Worst they can do is tell you to piss off.

Dublin Air Traffic Control Centre
    Irish Aviation Authority
    Huntstown
    Cloghran
    Co. Dublin
    Telephone: 01/8444815 (manned H24 except Christmas
    day)

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Dublin showing as Down @Mech1 FYI

Dublin showing as Down @Mech1 FYI

seems to be a broadband fault in my area, resetting router hasnt helped.

• Advertisement

Virgin Media have confirmed fault in the area, estimated fix time 14.00.

Estimated fix now pushed out till 15.00

Now 17.00, they are good at this estimating lark are they not.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Something big went bang anyways. Fingers crossed their NOC gets you on the air again soon.

Anyone else listen to ORK lately? It's an absolute mess, all frequencies just cross eachother and unless it's quiet and you hear the one transmission without it being crossed by another frequency, it's normally fairly unreadable.

Anyone else listen to ORK lately? It's an absolute mess, all frequencies just cross eachother and unless it's quiet and you hear the one transmission without it being crossed by another frequency, it's normally fairly unreadable.
    Try listen in VLC or similar, the transmissions can be seperated because the feed is in stereo and half the frequencies are on the right channel and the other half are on the left. I think Approach is on one side and Ground/Tower is on the other but I may be wrong there.

If you can mute the right channel in VLC to hear one side or mute the left to hear the other etc you can hear them quite clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Try listen in VLC or similar, the transmissions can be seperated because the feed is in stereo and half the frequencies are on the right channel and the other half are on the left. I think Approach is on one side and Ground/Tower is on the other but I may be wrong there.

If you can mute the right channel in VLC to hear one side or mute the left to hear the other etc you can hear them quite clearly.

Or listen on earphones and take one out!

Not ideal if you just want it on in the background at home obviously

faoiarvok wrote: »
    Or listen on earphones and take one out!

Not ideal if you just want it on in the background at home obviously
    That too.

It has its perks if you want to hear a particular frequency without having to switch feeds when configured properly. Not easy though if listening on a interface limited device such as Internet radio, phone etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

That too.

It has its perks if you want to hear a particular frequency without having to switch feeds when configured properly. Not easy though if listening on a interface limited device such as Internet radio, phone etc.

There are definitely times when you're interested in a particular aircraft and the feed rolls over to the next frequency

• Advertisement

What I find the issue is that all frequencies cross eachother, as opposed to the DUB, SNN or NOC frequencies where you'll only hear one transmission at a time, if there's 2 at the same time one will be cancelled, if you understand me.

Advertisement