Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Just to mention, the new finals frequency is 119.550 instead of 119.925.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Just to mention, the new finals frequency is 119.550 instead of 119.925.

Is that a permanent change?
    If so I will need to get liveatc to reprogram one of the pie feeds.

Its already in the main mix feed as a known backup freq, so should already be available there.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Mech1 wrote: »
    Is that a permanent change?
    If so I will need to get liveatc to reprogram one of the pie feeds.

Its already in the main mix feed as a known backup freq, so should already be available there.

Yes, AFAIK.

Of course it's in the other ones but obviously the point of the other one is so that you can listen to it alone and if it's in the other ones you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Sounds like Dublin port /met is transmitting on Dublin Ops frequency which is blocking Weston.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there any separate frequencies in use for Bray this weekend?

• Advertisement

Possibly bringing the ops feed mobile on Sunday to cover the airshow, no promises.

Can't remember whats on the op's feed and can't change it till tonight.

EIDW Op's feed going offline for a while, setting up a mobile feed test.

I have to swap out the main feed scanner with the op's scanner as i cant easily program the op's scanner on the run so to speak.
    I think it is now programmed correctly to the main feed settings but if anyone notices anything missing let me know.

Gonna do the swap in 10 min so prepare for a little downtime.

Ok swap done main feed is now running on the op's scanner,

listeners dont need to change anything.

anyone hear any quality or volume differences?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Brilliant thanks.Any chance you can list which frequencies you have on it please?

• Advertisement

de biz wrote: »
    Brilliant thanks.Any chance you can list which frequencies you have on it please?

Not sure you understand what im doing, the main feed (now the op's scanner) is same as usual frequencies. The Scanner that came off that main feed is now getting programmed for Bray and associated frequencies to use for a hopefully mobile feed over the weekend.

I hope to run the op's feed from my car, parked somewhere that i can get 3g broadband and good reception from Bray etc.

op's feed (normal main feed freq) is now up and running using antenna in the garden, laptop and scanner powered by a car battery and broadcasting on a 3g broadband dongle! its working!!!

Turning op's feed 3G off for the night. still running on main broadband.

Anyone got any advise on a good parking spot that will get coverage of Bray and good 3G signal?

Im thinking of setting up around Killiney hill so that we still have decent Dublin reception, or maybe well up the Dublin mountains but 3g maybe an issue?

I will try a few spots early tomorrow morning to trial it.

ok op's going off altogether now, I have a few interesting freq to listen out for tomorrow, hope it all goes to plan.

Will report here when testing / live and whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Dublin mountains would be a defo no no for reception, it's very hit and miss. Ironically up at the masts on 3rock is the worst lol.

Shanganah cemetery car park quiet enough last year and very close to bray.

Well thats the first EIDW feed mobile broadcast complete!

We had a solid group of listeners both days so thanks for that.

What will we try next?

[IMG][/img]35305886943_47bf5ccd22_z.jpgDSCN0242 by pat, on Flickr

• Advertisement

op's feed going 100% Weston for a few days.

Live in a min.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ilavela

Hi, first many thanks for the feed, I am an avid listener of your feed. For the the last couple of days, EIDW del/gnd/twr/app channel is broadcasting a radio channel. I guess that's not intended?

should be sorted now

Not nice weather, op's feed is now just approach and tower.

Hiding this here, deal of the year on a "proper camera"
    €303.99 for a Nikon D5300!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1919406/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CPhotography%7C50000477/c_2/3%7C50000477%7CCameras%7C50000490/c_3/4%7Ccat_50000490%7CDigital+SLR+cameras%7C50000494.htm

I have 1 spare reservation for Argos Dunlaoire collect Monday till Wednesday.

aviation forum active users only.

Pm me if wanted.

Gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

ilavela wrote: »
    Hi, first many thanks for the feed, I am an avid listener of your feed. For the the last couple of days, EIDW del/gnd/twr/app channel is broadcasting a radio channel. I guess that's not intended?

Only on New Year's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Any chance of putting clearance delivery only on the ops channel please Pat?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Today FM or something on frequency at the moment......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Maybe it's just my end but at the moment the volume is very low on the EIDW Del/Gnd/Twr/App/Center feed.

Advertisement