Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

crosstownk wrote: »
    Maybe it's just my end but at the moment the volume is very low on the EIDW Del/Gnd/Twr/App/Center feed.

Same here. Lots of static/interference on the broadcast too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

crosstownk wrote: »
    Maybe it's just my end but at the moment the volume is very low on the EIDW Del/Gnd/Twr/App/Center feed.

Any better now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Mech1 wrote: »
    Any better now?

Seems loud and clear via my iPhone app.

Thanks, Pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,088 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Baton down the hatches and prepare more listeners. Monday could get interesting. (although probably more on SNN and NOC)

OP's channel is now Tower / Approach only.

• Advertisement

power still on, surprising.
    antenna still up, really surprising!

My PC is doing a major update, feeds may be up / down for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Is the feed down at the moment? Could also be my phone

• Advertisement

Razor44 wrote: »
    Is the feed down at the moment? Could also be my phone

running fine on my work laptop.

running fine on my work laptop.

gah, fecking phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

The del/gnd/twr/app/centre Feed is very difficult to hear recently, sounds like a lot of static/interference on the frequencies, almost impossible to make out what they’re saying, anyone else the same?

The del/gnd/twr/app/centre Feed is very difficult to hear recently, sounds like a lot of static/interference on the frequencies, almost impossible to make out what they’re saying, anyone else the same?

ok working on it now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Can't make out a thing on the mixed frequency at the moment, a lot of interference.

Ok lads and Lassies, its time I got out of this gig and pass on the baton to someone else.
    Im getting too old now to go on the roof and twiddle the joints etc. I never really had the interest in this subject anyway and it hasnt grown on me.

I want people to put themselves forward to take the gear and the "sort of" responsibility on. put your username, distance from EIDW, height of possible antenna mounting etc up here and we will have a democratic vote on here as to who gets all the kit to broadcast this.

You will need to be less than 15 miles clear view to airport and have 24/7 broadband and power.

Go ahead you can do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Ok lads and Lassies, its time I got out of this gig and pass on the baton to someone else.
    Im getting too old now to go on the roof and twiddle the joints etc. I never really had the interest in this subject anyway and it hasnt grown on me.

I want people to put themselves forward to take the gear and the "sort of" responsibility on. put your username, distance from EIDW, height of possible antenna mounting etc up here and we will have a democratic vote on here as to who gets all the kit to broadcast this.

You will need to be less than 15 miles clear view to airport and have 24/7 broadband and power.

Hi Pat,
    Thank you very much for all your hard work and dedication over the last number of years. Really sad to hear that you are moving on.
    As much as I would love to "take on the baton", my location is not really suitable due to the lack of elevation.
    All the very best for the future.
    Happy Christmas
    Pat D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Pat,

I live nowhere near Dublin so am no use to you - but thanks for all the work you've put in during the years. You've gone far beyond the call of duty to provide the level of service you have provided.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

Sorry to read this but totally understand your decision. You've provided an outstanding quality of feed for so long. It's been a thoroughly enjoyable ride listening in. Hopefully some person or persons within the required radius will step forward before too long to take on the baton. I'm approx 1815 miles outside of the aforementioned radius(!).
    Thanks, Mech1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Thanks so much for the amazing service Pat, better than many businesses. You will be missed - please don't be a stranger on here though! Merry Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Have sent you DM

Got that, just too busy will get back to you with details in the next few days.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Was the feed broadcasting lyric fm during EIN1AK's mayday?

The all ACC feeds one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Pat I'd be happy to have a chat with you and see if myself hosting it is possible. You've been at my house so you know location. I'm well used to working on roofs aswel (as much as I hate it:p)

Pat, I wish I could take over but currently it's not am option for me, hopefully someone does soon.

My Brother called over this morning, we should be back up and running now.

He says he can sort out any issues so we maybe ok for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mattgma87

Pat,

Thank you firstly for providing the service to date. I am a private pilot, currently studying for ATPL. I live 4km from Dublin Airport. I have line of sight from my apartment of 28/10. I have reliable internet and would be willing to take over. I am used to radios etc in the aircraft and I used to work in a technical job. Let me know what you think.

Matthew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

Wind shear, severe turbulence, go-arounds all going on right now. Very appreciative to Mech1 for getting everything back up and running again

The Op's channel has better reception than the main feed. Its Approach / Tower only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Fair play Pat for keeping this going for so long. You put in some effort and expense.

I'll echo what others have said - I really appreciate everything you have done. The feed has been crystal clear and has been great through good weather, bad weather, storms, a hurricane and several airshows including Flight Fest.

I'm not in a position to take over the feed (**** scared of ladders) and my elevation is a bit low. Hopefully whoever takes the reigns will do equally as good job but you've made it a tall order.

Thanks again.

Advertisement