Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Shame to see this atc feed go offline was one of the best feeds on liveatc in terms of the choice of feeds and quality of the audio .Thanks for your hard work Mech hopefully somebody with the same enthusiasm will take over.If you want to sent the equipment to Offaly I can broadcast Birr airfield :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Agreed it would be a great shame to see it go offline, and I thank mech for his years of providing the service. I will certainly miss it if it goes. Hopefully someone will pick it up.

Currently the mixed frequency is just noise, however the other feeds still work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Agreed it would be a great shame to see it go offline, and I thank mech for his years of providing the service. I will certainly miss it if it goes. Hopefully someone will pick it up.

Currently the mixed frequency is just noise, however the other feeds still work.

Thanks for the info, should be fixed now.

Mech1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, should be fixed now.

Thanks for the quick response! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sometimes we forget just how much time and effort is required to supply a service like this. Thank you for what you have done. With your brothers assistance is it your intention to keep it going, or are you still looking for a new home?

• Advertisement

I got a email today from liveatc, someone complained to them that the main feed had no delay between channel switching.
    Sorry about that should be fixed now.
    I put in a 2 second delay can reduce if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I got a email today from liveatc, someone complained to them that the main feed had no delay between channel switching.

FFS! Some individual cribbing over nothing.
    Pat you have absolutley nothing to apologise for whatsoever. Please continue with the great work and ignore this clown!

Never even noticed! Does that mean that the feeds went over each other or does it just mean that you can hear communications straight after each other? If it's the latter I can't see why that's an issue, even less so to complain about!

Thanks for continuing the feed!

What the delay does is it introduces a wait period after a radio transmission in order to give anyone replying time to start transmitting.

I should have programmed it in last week when i reset the scanner after continually finding it playing local fm radio stations, but I forgot to.

If the delay is set too long the scanner seems slow to find new transmissions on other freq and we may miss some, and if no delay set then its very hard if not impossible to follow a conversation.

set at 2 seconds at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Cribbers. Bah! Never bloody happy. Thanks for all you do, Mech.

The young fella got the full F24 from Santy, so it's fair to say he falls asleep watching or primarily, listening to "his" planes these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Do people ever write to LIVE ATC asking them to thank you for providing the service?

smurfjed wrote: »
    Do people ever write to LIVE ATC asking them to thank you for providing the service?

If they do, I dont get to hear about it!

Hi Pat, nothing wrong with the frequency today, all perfect, would just like to extend my thanks for it's continued operation.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Hi Pat, nothing wrong with the frequency today, all perfect, would just like to extend my thanks for it's continued operation.
    I would like to second this. Excellent operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Ill second that
    I thought you needed let it lapse a while back, and that would have been understandable, but its still here
    So thanks again for the effort that goes into it
    I would really miss it were it to be gone

Thanks lads / Lassies ? it means a lot!

Feed will be down for a few days.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Renovating the room Pat? :D

Pat, if you need a hand getting back on air don't hesitate giving me a shout.

Should be back live now, death in the family so i was out of the country for a few days.
    Didnt want to leave the computers etc running unattended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

sorry to hear that
    as always thanks for the ongoing service

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Should be back live now, death in the family so i was out of the country for a few days.

Sorry for your loss Pat, hope all is ok.

Thanks again for your continued efforts

Sorry to hear about your loss.
    Many thanks for the marvellous service.

Op's channel now full airshow mode for today and tomorrow.

Bal and Weston in the ops feed along with some display freq.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nice and busy, now we just need a webcam covering the app/dep paths :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Link for the display freq please

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Link for the display freq please

Live atc search eidw, ops channel near bottom of the page

Listening to EIDW Ops on @LiveATC for Android

http://www.liveatc.net/search?icao=eidw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Thanks for the various ATC relays, much appreciated - a very enjoyable afternoon was spent looking at Flight Radar 24 and listening in to the comms.

Will be heading to Bray tomorrow for a closer look. :)

Advertisement