Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

remember op's channel tomorrow not any other!
    https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

Ops channel going back soon, anyone got a preference as to what it should cover?

im thinking Eidw approach and tower mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

I actually find some of the ops stuff to be interesting and give an insight into the goings on in the background, but whatever the majority want to listen into, much appreciated as always Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Thanks Pat for the Air Show comms today

• Advertisement

OK, op's channel is now really op's channel.

Thanks everyone for tuning in yesterday and today.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fair play Pat, that was great.

Poor delta papa had no notion of where he was or where he was going and that controller almost got it in the neck from the 139 "If I drop it I'm not bloody picking it up again!". Loads of French too....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Gerry

Thanks Pat that was a very enjoyable listen today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rivers90

I don't think the mixed frequency channel is working at the moment, although the tower frequency on its own is loud and clear

Rivers90 wrote: »
    I don't think the mixed frequency channel is working at the moment, although the tower frequency on its own is loud and clear

just seen this now, will have a look shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Rivers90 wrote: »

It's working, however lots of noise.

Thanks again for the continued offering of the feed though Pat!

I think its sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rivers90

Mech1 wrote: »
    I think its sorted now.

Absolutely perfect again, thanks a million.

Well, Mr Pope just broke all records for this feed, 766 listeners at the peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Well, Mr Pope just broke all records for this feed, 766 listeners at the peak.

Jaysus he's some man for one man.

Sorry people, of all the days, she chooses today to hoover around the scanner kit!

I fixed it but thought I better go outside and look up, this is what we have

Don't know when I will be able to fix that, any volunteers?

Antenna flying high again, maybe even a foot higher, but my legs are like jelly!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Antenna flying high again, maybe even a foot higher, but my legs are like jelly!

Fair play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G

Top marks Mech1, you provide a fantastic service to us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

What's the PayPal Pat? Must throw you a donation for tea bags and moderately priced biscuits!!!

What's the PayPal Pat? Must throw you a donation for tea bags and moderately priced biscuits!!!

Link in my signature if anyone wants to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Am I meant to be listening to Justin Bieber (Spin 1038) on the mixed feed?

nope! let me check.

think its sorted

Hi all, just got 2 checks and quotes to once and for all sort out the liveatc antenna to chimney bracket / pole arrangement as i think my diy skills might not last the coming winter, both installers agree with me after a cursary look at the present installation.

We need at the very least between €250 and €350 to complete the works. Im not gonna pay for that ( i couldnt even if i wanted to) so the begging bowl is open again if you think you can spare a few bob.

Works would need to be completed asap before damage is caused.

If you dont want to assist dont, if you cant no problem, if you can, click the link in my signature.

Thanks, Pat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

out of interest... what sort of solution did they propose?
    Drilled or lashing to the chimney?
    how long a pole? (would it be guy wired etc...)?

arccosh wrote: »
    out of interest... what sort of solution did they propose?
    Drilled or lashing to the chimney?
    how long a pole? (would it be guy wired etc...)?

Two choices, bracket made and fitted under eves, longer pole, or replace original chimney lashes same bracket, new pole, extra wire lashes extra corner supports.

I'm not able to go any higher without guy lines and I don't want them anyway.

• Advertisement

Two choices, bracket made and fitted under eves, longer pole, or replace original chimney lashes same bracket, new pole, extra wire lashes extra corner supports.

I'm not able to go any higher without guy lines and I don't want them anyway.

I would definitely go for stronger safer chimney mount rather than wall mount.

Advertisement