Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bumpstop

I'll have a look into the sectors thing. I mean it's all possible.

I have found Liveatc very hard to work with, the guy is obviously slammed busy all the time.

My improved tower freq feed has been working over a week now but I just cannot get him to make it live on the site.

It's even on a test mount and working.

He says he will, but he doesn't. So progress is slow and a little torturous.

The main problem with the ground reception is the digital receivers, they are pretty deaf.

I can't even rf amp them as they are virtual receivers and bleed over badly.

To be honest the whole thing needs an overhaul but my experience so far is not promising.

Anyway I have some antenna improvements in the pipeline so hopefully that will improve things.

Rant over, It's frustrating me a bit, I kinda had a plan. anyway onwards, slowly.😀

Think there something up with EIDW Del/Gnd/Twr/App/Center feed. Seems to be a different news feed or something coming through instead

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mickyjoek

Dublin City Fm coming through on the main feed.

fixed there now lads.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Technology-wise, is there anything that we can help with?

For example, would this system benefit from a UPS, if it was funded?

I have the new Tower feed up.

The original is still there so there is Tower#1 link the original, and Tower#2 link the new one.

If anyone just goes in from favorites it might be worth going to the main site and trying it or if your on any aviation groups let them know.

I think I'm ok for the moment as Pat said before said the biggest failures are scanners which just don't like 24/7 operation.

I have a spare on here so should be ok for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

I think this, or similar, is happening again now.

Sometimes it locks onto a strong signal nearby and it needs a manual reset.

I have a cure for this problem I'll hopefully get it installed shortly. Teething problems.

Service down, big area broadband fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Mech1

Hello,,, is there anyone there?

Main feed is commercial radio again.

Are you gonna tune a scanner channel to Bray airshow?

Pat.

Apologies to everyone about that extended outage.

When I took this on I didn't realize we have micro power cuts every other night, this is due to a tripsaver fitted by the power company in the area.

The scanner for the multi feed defaults to an FM broadcast frequency when it gets interrupted, it takes a manual reset to get it scanning again.

I check it most mornings but if I am away well then that's it until I got back.

I have now fitted a new scanner with a battery back up and it should be unaffected by power cuts. I hope it works out okay and the signal is good.

The Bray airshow was not really on my radar (pun) however it easy for me to retune the tower no2 channel to any frequency to cover short term events, so if there any events you think would benefit from coverage in the Dublin area let me know and I can retune it, or add it to the multifeed.

Hopefully this will improve things.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Staunton96

Feeds all down atm FYI @Bumpstop

Yes,I have been talking to Dave of Liveatc throughout the day.

They are having problems with their servers, I think it resolved now.

However we thought it was fixed earlier too and they had issues again.

Fingers crossed, but they seem fine now.

The software receivers used for most of the feeds are cheap and resource light to use.

They do unfortunately have limitations.

The ground North frequency was changed, and it was not possible to program a feed to the new freq.

So rather than have a dead feed it is now programmed to Dublin Centre.

Reception seems quite good. Thanks to Dave in Liveatc for all the help.

Hey @Bumpstop, feeds have been dead for a few days it seems. Also North Tower one in particular has been for a week or so - just FYI. Thank you!

Yes, I swear every time I go away something happens.

I have been away for about 3 weeks, but there was a strong wind storm apparently, shortly after I left.

The antenna and pole came down, I don't think anything is damaged, but it's going to take me a few days to repair.

So apologies, I'll get it all back up as soon as possible, hopefully by mid week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Happy to make a donation for beer money if that helps the cause!

With bad weather coming tomorrow, I got time this morning, to do the repairs.

The antenna is erected again, the feeds are working.

I still have to power cut proof, the North runway tower scanner, I have an easy solution in mind.

Hopefully that's it for a bit.

Fingers crossed.

Well it was going too well, 86 listeners on the site, antenna standing up to 56 MPH winds, lots of go arounds.

ESB pole broke and blacked out the area after lunch. nothing left to do except go to the pub.

😀😁😂🤣

Anyway back up now.😎

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Thanks for your efforts, much appreciated on a day like yesterday. I think it went over 100 listeners at one point before lunch

😁😁😁

Looking good!!!

But your wasting the last few inches of that mast pole, loosen the u bolts and push it up as far as you can. It will also help get the radials above the pole.

Hey @Bumpstop. Just seems like North Tower one never actually came back properly after this - signale extremely weak... Thank you

Thanks for the heads up I hadn't noticed that.

We had a brown out here for a while, seems to have caused both scanners to have a melt down.

I am amazed the Raspberry Pi survived and software radios.

The TWR North scanner is working again, the pre amp might have taken some damage I'll keep an eye on the signal.

• Advertisement

Haha gas. That's unreal - thanks so much for your quick response and work on it

Advertisement