Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confederations Cup Betting Log

Options
  • 14-06-2013 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭

The Confederations Cup is starting soon - and, to be honest, I have a history of doing badly with International tournament betting. Thought I would start a log to see how bad I do - or maybe (just maybe) if I can turn my luck around.

For the duration of the tournament, I will be using SkyBet. I chose SkyBet as they have the best odds for POTT - which will be my first bet. I will be betting with with a bank of €100. My usual stake will be €10, although I might go half stakes or double stakes for some bets.

So, lets start....

Starting Bank = €100

Bet One | Juan Mata (Player of the Tournament) @ 26.00 (€10)
    Simple enough reason for this. I think Spain have a good solid chance to win the tournament. Only real danger is Brazil, but I think they are still building/experimenting for Rio - and they could slip up in the knockout stages. Furthermore, for most MOTM bets I make, I usually bet on midfields as they can both influence the game and score. Mata has been great at this this for Chelsea, and could bring the form to Spain for the tournament.

Bet Two | Group A/B Winner Double (Brazil/Spain) @ 2.26 (€10)
    This has a good chance. I do not think either Italy or Uruguay have enough to take top from from them in the group stages. Not much more to say.

Remaining Bank = €80

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭BV4

Good luck with the log! :)

Just pointing out that you've made a mistake on your second bet. It should be (Brazil/Spain) from the sounds of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

It might work out, Italy have a very impressive first XI.

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), Marchetti (Lazio), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain)

Defenders: Abate (Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Barzagli (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), De Sciglio (Milan), Maggio (Napoli)

Midfielders: Aquilani (Fiorentina), Candreva (Lazio), Cerci (Torino), De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Giaccherini (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus)

Forwards: Balotelli (Milan), El Shaarawy (Milan), Gilardino (Bologna), Giovinco (Juventus).

I will be having a bet on Italy DNB @ 1.67 v Mexico

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

BV4 wrote: »
    Good luck with the log! :)

Just pointing out that you've made a mistake on your second bet. It should be (Brazil/Spain) from the sounds of things.

Thanks I did mean Spain- already have bet made on that double on the Spain/Brazil double
    It might work out, Italy have a very impressive first XI.

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), Marchetti (Lazio), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain)

Defenders: Abate (Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Barzagli (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), De Sciglio (Milan), Maggio (Napoli)

Midfielders: Aquilani (Fiorentina), Candreva (Lazio), Cerci (Torino), De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Giaccherini (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus)

Forwards: Balotelli (Milan), El Shaarawy (Milan), Gilardino (Bologna), Giovinco (Juventus).

I will be having a bet on Italy DNB @ 1.67 v Mexico

Thank for the info. I did mean Spain on the second bet above though - and the money is already down. I will be backing Italy in some matches though. as you day, they have a good strong line up - I just hope Balotelli decides to have an off day on the times need him to!

One more pre-tournament bet...

Bet Three | Fred (Top Goal Scorer) @ 15.00 (€10)
    Took ages to decide on this. Tahiti are going to be the whipping boys of group B in my opinion, so I really wanted to bet on a Spanish player. However, even though I think Spain will eventually win the tournament, I think they'll do it by the usual "pass teams to death" method, and struggle to rack up goals. Furthermore, I think they'll even rotate strikers (and may even play without one in some games) - which will kill anyone getting high numbers. This brings me to group A, and Brazil. Neymar is the obvious choice - but I still think he is still growing. Even against England, in the recent Friendly, he still seemed like he had stuff to learn. However, in that same game Fred was fantastic, and Fred has been equally fantastic for Fluminense this season (in Brazil's Série A)m socring 20 goals in 28 game. My money is on him to have a fantastic high scoring tournament.

Remaining Bank = €70

Okay, now to try and get some money back in the bank...

Bet Four | Fred Anytime @ Evens (€10)
    He's been much more active than Neymar in the past few months, and I (perhaps stupidly) believe he is still the best International striker on the team. Probably not too smart to bet on a low odds Anytime goalscorers as I think this will be a tight game - but even if it is a low scoring game I think Fred will be the one that knocks one in for Brazil

Remaining Bank = €60

• Advertisement

tinodz wrote: »
    Okay, now to try and get some money back in the bank...

Bet Four | Fred Anytime @ Evens (€10)
    He's been much more active than Neymar in the past few months, and I (perhaps stupidly) believe he is still the best International striker on the team. Probably not too smart to bet on a low odds Anytime goalscorers as I think this will be a tight game - but even if it is a low scoring game I think Fred will be the one that knocks one in for Brazil

Remaining Bank = €60

LOSS (Subbed of after 81' and no goal)

Remaining Bank = €60

Bet Four | Spain -1 + Italy Win Double @ 6.28 (€10)
    Sorry, I cannot right much for this... Spain should win today, and hopefully they win good - they will probably take their time like usual, and play their best football in the second half. Italy are not great right now, and are still planing on the way to the World Cup, but I think they have a better team than Mexico right now - they at least consistently play better football. They should win (probably do it the hard way, with a lucky goal)

Remaining Bank = €50

Bet Four | Spain -1 + Italy Win Double @ 6.28 (€10)
    Sorry, I cannot right much for this... Spain should win today, and hopefully they win good - they will probably take their time like usual, and play their best football in the second half. Italy are not great right now, and are still planing on the way to the World Cup, but I think they have a better team than Mexico right now - they at least consistently play better football. They should win (probably do it the hard way, with a lucky goal)

Remaining Bank = €50

LOSS (87' minute Uruguay goal ruined things - along with a bit of bad officiating)

Remaining Bank = €50

I have having good Confederations Cup luck away from this log, but this Log is not doing well :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Any more ?

Any more ?

Yes, was wating for this to come in...
    Bet Two | Group A/B Winner Double (Brazil/Spain) @ 2.26 (€10)
    This has a good chance. I do not think either Italy or Uruguay have enough to take top from from them in the group stages. Not much more to say.

Win (at last!)

Remaining Bank = €72.60

Will bet on all remaining games now.

• Advertisement

Sorry for not posting a bet for tonight. Was really busy all day and only got to sit down now.

When I was checking the score on the game, I was going to make a Over 2,5 Goals in-play, but Brazil are now 1-0. I cannot do that

I am looking at the in-play market now, but have no idea if I can find a bet quick enough.

Will post on if I do

PS: At least Fred is now making the Top Goalscorer bet interesting!

One more pre-tournament bet...

Bet Three | Fred (Top Goal Scorer) @ 15.00 (€10)
    Took ages to decide on this. Tahiti are going to be the whipping boys of group B in my opinion, so I really wanted to bet on a Spanish player. However, even though I think Spain will eventually win the tournament, I think they'll do it by the usual "pass teams to death" method, and struggle to rack up goals. Furthermore, I think they'll even rotate strikers (and may even play without one in some games) - which will kill anyone getting high numbers. This brings me to group A, and Brazil. Neymar is the obvious choice - but I still think he is still growing. Even against England, in the recent Friendly, he still seemed like he had stuff to learn. However, in that same game Fred was fantastic, and Fred has been equally fantastic for Fluminense this season (in Brazil's Série A)m socring 20 goals in 28 game. My money is on him to have a fantastic high scoring tournament.

I have no idea what will happen here - bet still pending.

Log ends in profit! (Fred Top goalscorer paid out as a dead heat)

o62ksFg.png

Now, lets never use SkyBet again - horrible odds on EVERYTHING

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Log ends in profit! (Fred Top goalscorer paid out as a dead heat)

o62ksFg.png

Now, lets never use SkyBet again - horrible odds on EVERYTHING

I use any bet and think there brilliant.

Advertisement