Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seat Leon Opinions?? ((Car Ad Attached))

• 14-06-2013 12:30am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right so. I went around checking out a few places today looking at cars and I came across this Seat Leon.

I'm just wondering how reliable these cars are. I know Seat are owned by VW so that's always good! I guess I'm just keen to get any feedback from anyone who's had any experiences with Seat Leons.

It seems very well equipped and in very good condition too. The milage is slightly on the high side, and that seems to be the only issue.

He's offered to take my Astra for €500, although that could decrease on further inspection on the basis that it is minus one sunroof!

I think the maximum I should easily get him down to €4500. Would anyone suggest trying to go lower??

Any advice and feedback on the Leon is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

i currently have a 07 leon also and i love it. i have a 1.4 leon r fitted with seat sport suspension which as far as im aware is in the 1.6 sport model also and although firm its a great drive.

things to check are ALL the electrics, i recently spent 200 on electric parts for the rear wiper and to get my passenger wing mirror to fold properly.

Other than that my yoke has never skipped a beat , go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Wilberto wrote: »
    Right so. I went around checking out a few places today looking at cars and I came across this Seat Leon.

I'm just wondering how reliable these cars are. I know Seat are owned by VW so that's always good! I guess I'm just keen to get any feedback from anyone who's had any experiences with Seat Leons.

It seems very well equipped and in very good condition too. The milage is slightly on the high side, and that seems to be the only issue.

He's offered to take my Astra for €500, although that could decrease on further inspection on the basis that it is minus one sunroof!

I think the maximum I should easily get him down to €4500. Would anyone suggest trying to go lower??

Any advice and feedback on the Leon is greatly appreciated.

He is not actually offering you €500 for your Astra, he is just giving you the straight deal discount off the Leon in the form of a trade-in price. I bet if you took the Astra out of the equation you would probably buy the Leon for the same money. Why not try and sell the Astra privately yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Nice spec, factory bluetooth too which is rare. The ride is uncomfortably firm on that particular model. Be sure and get an extended test drive. Gearboxes are also known to be weak. Make sure the air con works too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

bazz26 wrote: »
    He is not actually offering you €500 for your Astra, he is just giving you the straight deal discount off the Leon in the form of a trade-in price. I bet if you took the Astra out of the equation you would probably buy the Leon for the same money. Why not try and sell the Astra privately yourself?

Because the Astra is worth nothing anyway!!! In truth, the sunroofs missing, the engine seems a bit knackered, there's high mileage on it!! It wouldn't feel right selling it privately to some poor sod, not that they'd buy it anyway. It' would be kind of hard to hide the fact that the sunroof is missing for a start.

@MC - Yeah, it seems well equipped alright, and the air con works alright. I'll take it for a further test drive when I go down there in the next few days.

I'll make sure to have an extended check on the Electrics, test the gearbox, and try and scout out the ride comfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Because the Astra is worth nothing anyway!!! In truth, the sunroofs missing, the engine seems a bit knackered, there's high mileage on it!! It wouldn't feel right selling it privately to some poor sod, not that they'd buy it anyway. It' would be kind of hard to hide the fact that the sunroof is missing for a start.

My point is though that if it is worthless to you then it will be only worth scrap value to the dealer and he is not actually giving you €500 for it. Even if you drive the Astra to a scrap yard they would give you the going rate for it's scrap value. Up to yourself at the end of the day but just be aware the dealer is not really doing you any financial favor by taking it off your hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

@MC - Yeah, it seems well equipped alright, and the air con works alright. I'll take it for a further test drive when I go down there in the next few days.

I'll make sure to have an extended check on the Electrics, test the gearbox, and try and scout out the ride comfort.

Check it over, owned an identical one. They are a good solid car, interior materials are poor in sports but it's well screwed together all the same. That engine is thirsty but very reliable. If you've any specific questions just let me know and I might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Leonidas BL

I had an 07 Leon 1.6 for 5 years and put 100k on it. Never gave me any trouble. I traded it for an 09 Leon TDi last year with 105k on it. I drove it for a year up to 130k and not a bother on it. I didnt even have to do anything for the NCT. Passed first time :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Excellent feedback anyway lads. Thanks very much. I decided to take the plunge and went for it. Could only talk him down to €4500 with my own. :o:o He wanted more cash if I wasn't trading in.

In my defence, he was offering €5000 with my own first, down form €5500 with just cash! Maybe a better negotiator would have brought him down a bit more but maybe not.

On the plus side though, it's from a registered SIMI dealer (whatever that means :D), but more importantly, an official Seat dealer also. Plus, they're offering a 6 month warranty aswell so I'll have to keep a look out for any problems in that time.

I had a feeling that the engine could be a bit thirsty alright but then again, it is a 1.6.

Also, she only has 1 previous owner so I'm guessing they must have liked it!!

I'm happy out with my purchase anyway. I think it was the right decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Leonidas BL

Excellent feedback anyway lads. Thanks very much. I decided to take the plunge and went for it. Could only talk him down to €4500 with my own. :o:o He wanted more cash if I wasn't trading in.

In my defence, he was offering €5000 with my own first, down form €5500 with just cash! Maybe a better negotiator would have brought him down a bit more but maybe not.

On the plus side though, it's from a registered SIMI dealer (whatever that means :D), but more importantly, an official Seat dealer also. Plus, they're offering a 6 month warranty aswell so I'll have to keep a look out for any problems in that time.

I had a feeling that the engine could be a bit thirsty alright but then again, it is a 1.6.

Also, she only has 1 previous owner so I'm guessing they must have liked it!!

I'm happy out with my purchase anyway. I think it was the right decision.

Best of luck with it. I think your gonna be happy with it.

Advertisement