Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffold

Options
  • 14-06-2013 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

lookin to rent scaffold.. anyone have tips on pricing and wheres the best value? House needs to be painted!
    I would imagine the price would be more for a 3 floor townhouse height than your average home?

cheers for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

0rt wrote: »
    lookin to rent scaffold.. anyone have tips on pricing and wheres the best value? House needs to be painted!
    I would imagine the price would be more for a 3 floor townhouse height than your average home?

cheers for your help.

try mullally scaffolding, nice bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

Max Powers wrote: »
    try mullally scaffolding, nice bunch of lads.

Have ye a number for them?
    Where are they based? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Are you going to paint the house yourself or get a painting contractor - if you get a painter get them to provide the access.

Also is the house suitable for a cherry picker - would be cheaper and less hassle than scaffolding

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Are you going to paint the house yourself or get a painting contractor - if you get a painter get them to provide the access.

Also is the house suitable for a cherry picker - would be cheaper and less hassle than scaffolding

id be painting it myself as money is tight enough and theres not really any space for a cherry picker as the walkway ib front of the house is fenced off and much higher than the road.. The road has parking all along it as well :/

What about mobile scaffold?
    Actually i think i was thiking of a genie boom.. Would you have the estimated width of a cherry picker? I can go measure.

0rt wrote: »
    id be painting it myself as money is tight enough and theres not really any space for a cherry picker as the walkway ib front of the house is fenced off and much higher than the road.. The road has parking all along it as well :/

What about mobile scaffold?
    Actually i think i was thiking of a genie boom.. Would you have the estimated width of a cherry picker? I can go measure.

A genie boom is a cherry picker!

if you give Speedy Hire or Clem Jacobs a shout they'll give all the info you need

Not sure about the Health and Safety requirements for operating one of these tho' - you might need a cert/licence

• Advertisement

hmm.. i wonder what it is im thinking about then, a scissors lift?

As far as I know you'll need a ticket to operate these machines so you may not be able to hire them out if you don't have one.

Also they're not that cheap.

Also if you go with the scaffold option you will have to apply to the council for a licence to erect the scaffold if it fronts onto a public road/ footpath> there will be a fee for this

As regards the scaffold hire if you budget around €15/m2 depending on access you should be able to get a fair idea - but Mullallys will give you a quote fairly handy

My advise is put all your costs together i.e. cleaning down the walls, paint. scaffold, brushes etc and see what it's working out at and then get a quote from a painter (should be keen enough these days) - they'll generally include access in the price.

Then see how much you're saving and whether its better to do it yourself - I'd be fairly confident there'll be very little in the difference.

I think ill get a huge ladder!
    Seems cheeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Awakened

Advertisement