Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Applied Maths - Can it be done through Irish?

• 14-06-2013 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey,
    I don't remember whether I could select to get an Irish paper for Applied Maths when we got those forms ages ago...

Does anyone know if it can be done through Irish? I'd assume it could, but it would just be the easiest bonus marks ever! Doubt you'd have to use one word of any language like!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

But you would have to understand the questions in Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 stephendore

Well no, you get both the English and Irish papers like, but I just forget whether there was an option to get the Applied Maths paper in Irish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

You get two papers given to you? I didn't know that.

Yeah, I would be absolutely ****ed otherwise! I go to an Irish school, but I'm nowhere near fluent :P!
    I just realised that I'm being a dope, easiest place to check this was examinations.ie,
    checked the App Maths papers, and there are Irish ones, so that's my question answered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

So are you given the same english written exam paper as everyone else, but you just have to answer in Irish?

• Advertisement

Well kind of yeah, you get both the English and Irish exam papers, and yes, you answer in Irish.
    But you can back out at the last minute and answer it in English, if need be.
    (That's what I did for History :P!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Asked and answered? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement