Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smashing Pumpkins 2013

• 14-06-2013 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Anyone know if they are gonna add an Irish date to this year's tour?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

There's nothing on their website so it's very unlikely at the moment. If there was a date in the upcoming tour they would have announced it long ago.

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/tour/

Electric Picnic maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Ya I had a look at the website,just surprised,they'd have a decent fan base here in one respect or another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Might as well go over to Glasgow and see them in the Acadamy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I didn't know about this, I might actually go to see them in glasgow, what's that venue like there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Save your money for the deluxe reissue of The Aeroplane Flies High. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Maya Hawke, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

The tour is called 'Shamrocks and Shenanigans' and yet no Irish date? I thought they would definitely play here this time as they didn't last time they toured in Europe. Am starting to regret not going to the Glasgow gig now. Still a small chance a gig might be announced maybe in the Olympia. That would be ideal and wouldn't be too hard to sell out. Here's hoping😯

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

I was at the RDS Simmonscourt gig a few years seemed to be a decent enough crowd,surely selling out the Olympia would not be an issue..Capacity is ~1200

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They would easily bring a great crowd to the O2

Tssk wrote: »
    I was at the RDS Simmonscourt gig a few years seemed to be a decent enough crowd,surely selling out the Olympia would not be an issue..Capacity is ~1200
    Wasn't that big a crowd, there was still loads of space towards the back and I had no problem getting from the bar to the second barrier. RDS is an atrocious venue though.

No way would they fill the O2, it's not 1995 anymore (unfortunatly they over-filled The Point back then). A night or two at The Olympia would be more realistic.

Ya RDS was a horrible venue the sound was dreadful. I have no doubt that they would get a decent crowd to the O2 but at this stage it seems our only hope would be a smaller gig at the Olympia. Saw them there in 2000 it was unreal to see such a powerful band in such an intimate venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I didn't know about this, I might actually go to see them in glasgow, what's that venue like there?

Haven't been to that one personally. Check it online? All the Academy locations I have been at in UK have been class though. Like the Olympia.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was it at one of there gigs in 95 or 96 maybe 97,that a girl from cork was killed?

Was at one of there gigs in 95 or 96 maybe 97,that a girl from cork was killed?
    96 in The Point I think. The gig was over-sold, the crowd were moshing constantly and the poor girl was crushed to death. I listened to a bootleg of the gig a couple of years ago and it was chilling to listen to, especially at the end when they stopped the gig.

Ya was at that gig in the point. Cudnt take the crush even in the middle of the crowd had to move back. Band did everything they could to calm the crowd. Was shocking to hear that girl actually died. Have decided to go to the Glasgow gig it's more and more unlikely that an Irish gig will be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Beerbreath

Hi,

I have a ticket spare for this gig for sale if anyone here is interested. Can't make it over next week now, so looking to sell the ticket. Think they were £35 face value? Anyway, 25 euro to anyone who's thinking of maybe heading over or knows someone who may be thinking of it.
    Dublin area.

Advertisement