Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tripod and Odeon- What's the story?

Options
  • 14-06-2013 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what's happening here? Last I heard about Tripod was that it had been let by the people behind Flannery's pub, who were going to turn it into a superclub.. any movement on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Anyone know what's happening here? Last I heard about Tripod was that it had been let by the people behind Flannery's pub, who were going to turn it into a superclub.. any movement on this?

The Odeon bar was modernised and done up at the back end of last year - so its been open for 9 months or so now. it looks great, really cool bar.

The old POD complex is due to reopen as a super club called the Marquee, though I don't know where construction is up to on this. Anyone any info?

Harcourt street itself has seen a lot of development over the past 12 months or so. As well as the Odeon reopening, the Everleigh Garden nightclub opened less than a year ago, and more recently, another new nightclub, the Black door, opened next to the D2 nightclub.

Aside from this, there is a boutique hotel called Deans opening up by the everleigh garden, and flyefit are opening a gym in an old disused block on the street.

Still, be great to see the POD complex reopened as this super club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Are you sure about fly fit? I think that it is just an advertisement for other branches. Also the oden has increased there prices quite a bit since they re opened. I refuse to pay 5+ for a pint.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Are you sure about fly fit? I think that it is just an advertisement for other branches. Also the oden has increased there prices quite a bit since they re opened. I refuse to pay 5+ for a pint.

any decent bar in town is 5e or more a pint, depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It's the 5.50 ones that annoy me... or sometimes even 5.65....
    liffeylite wrote: »
    The Odeon bar was modernised and done up at the back end of last year - so its been open for 9 months or so now. it looks great, really cool bar.

The old POD complex is due to reopen as a super club called the Marquee, though I don't know where construction is up to on this. Anyone any info?
    other new nightclub, the Black door, opened next to the D2 nightclub.

Cool, yeah it will be interesting, but what exactly does this superclub translate into?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

I've been in the Odeon once; ordered 3 Captain and 1 Coke, handed the barman €20 and he came back looking for more.

Last time I'll ever be in there.

Obviously caters to certain crowd that have more money than sense.

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    I've been in the Odeon once; ordered 3 Captain and 1 Coke, handed the barman €20 and he came back looking for more.

Was that the new place, or before they shut down? I was there pre shut down, and found food reasonably priced.. it had a nice atmosphere to it.. lot of business people from around area would go there.. deloitte etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The decor is very nice but I found the staff to be void of any sort of pleasantness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Larianne wrote: »
    The decor is very nice but I found the staff to be void of any sort of pleasantness.

Yeah it has a nice dark gothic kind of theme going on there; a more dancey version of Cafe en Seine decor wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

liffeylite wrote: »
    Would have rathered it stayed as it was; Crawdaddy at least. It was a tidy little club, and something a bit different in a city that's relatively low in variety. It's not like Harcourt Street is lacking for commercial venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah I was in there a couple of weeks ago. Crazy prices alright. Decent bar otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Anyone any info on the opening of the Marquee club in the old POD complex?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I can name a few decent bars that don't charge 5e plus for a pint. Including one that is 3.50 and another that is 4.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I can name a few decent bars that don't charge 5e plus for a pint. Including one that is 3.50 and another that is 4.

O'Reillys?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

O'Reillys?
    Well you could suggest there but the largers they serve is crap. MacTurcails is only 3.50 and Number 51 in Ballsbridge is 4 for all pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

They're very different types of places to the Odeon though.

Advertisement