Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407 ABS/ESP Fault light

Options
  • 14-06-2013 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi I'm getting a fault light on the dash ABS/ESP Fault , looked it up on the various forums and the thing seem to be try cleaning them first ,so i started to clean them and when i got to the front drivers side i found a wire broken and another disconnected , i don't think there for the ABS , but its probably whats given me the fault , any body any idea what it is , its two wires leading into the brake calipers . I'm not really a motor head and cash is tight so any help would be most appreciated

IMAG0012.jpgIMAG0014.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭keppler

Those wires are for the brake pad wear indicators. Not the abs sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jbehanx

Thanks Keppler , I've never got a break wear warning , so i thought it may have been linked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Ye they are the brake wear sensor cables...as for the abs fault 9 times out of 10 its a failed wheel speed Sensor....A diagnostic plugin will confirm....;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fatthy.Rahim

Hi jbehanx,
    The ESP ABS and speed are all in one sensor on inside the hub behind the brake disks on each wheel, DO NOT CLEAN THEM AT ALL, as when you attempt to clean them you will break them when you remove them, anyway, the common fail is the rear left in all 407s, easy fix but you will need the car raised on a 4 post rack, fuel tank empty and screwed off ( not removed but only screwed off), lift the rear right seat up and remove the round plastic cover cap, you will find the connection there. anyway pm me your vin and I will provide you with the part number needed for your car, tricky stuff to play with the esp abs as you might break the whole system which means at least 5k to fix. be careful , if you are around cork I can diagnose and pin point that for you for 10 euros instead of 50 euros elsewhere.

Hi Fatthy , i cleaned them with a blast of air and haven't had the warning come on since , I'm getting a service done next week , so I'll get my guy to run a diagnostic and see if there is a fault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BanjoSpanner

Hi there,

Did you ever get to a conclusion with this ? My 407 seems to be having the same issue with the ESP and ABS lights coming on.

Yea , a mate had a diagnostic reader and it told me it was the rear sensor , i bought the sensor myself thinking i could do it myself , but its an meter long optic cable that disappeared over the fuel tank and up into the middle of the car , i got a lad in Leixlip to put it up on a ramp and remove the fuel tank to fix it ( €45 for the sensor & €80 for the lad in leixlip to install it)

Fault came up again last week and it turned out to be the front one this time , My mate bought the sensor and installed it for €80

pm me if you want his number , he has the diagnostic kit to read the fault

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tiddler12

Hi

I brought it into get a diagnostic check done for it and was told the steering angle sensor was the problem and was causing the ESP fault light to come up. I had to get a 2nd hand steering angle sensor which is the entire squib of the steering wheel and it has to be the exact part code of the previous squib or else it wont work

Advertisement