Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How does "Tralee Aqua Dome" compare to "Trabolgan"?

• 14-06-2013 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

we took our 3yr old to Trabolgan 2 weeks ago and were very dissapointed with the place.

All the talk on the ads about its €1million refurb, we only went for the pool, but we saw no evidence of a refurb:mad:, the changing rooms are the same as they were 12-13yrs ago:eek:, no changes at all to the pool area, the bubble bath wasnt functioning:(, the staff seemed very dis-interested in being there, ...

So my question is, what's the Tralee Aqua Dome like? We've never been to the AD, going to Tralee would involve an overnight stay also, so want to be sure about the place before we set off, so looking for some feedback please.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Personally if it only a 3 year old your bringing to the pool I'd just use the one at the hotel or use the Carlton Hotel Tralee, think they pay into the Aqua Dome.

The slide is only for older kids and they do a swim with the current so they could go on your back around this.

Going on the prices of admission I'd give it a miss.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I was in Trabolgan earlier this year with a friend who was trying to trap two foxes for Wildlife Ireland.

I didn't use the pool but I had a look in and it looks like it really could do with updating - as could the rest of the Trabolgan complex. Trabolgan must be coming up on 25/30 years - the 80s certainly - and you can really tell as the decor is tired and very dated.

I've never been to Tralee Aquadome so I can't comment on that place but in terms of water slides/flumes, the Aqua Dome at the National Aquatic Centre at Blanchardstown in Dublin (of which I'm a member) is fantastic. Great fun and three flumes to choose from!:D:) There's also a large wave pool, a pirate ship and a jacuzzi/bubble section. I wouldn't think a 3 year old child would be old enough to really enjoy a water park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aqua Dome

Hi

The Aqua Dome just joined Boards.ie so apologies for the late post.

There is plenty of action for 3 year old children in the Aqua Dome...waves, slides, lazy river, kiddies bubble seat, kiddies slides and sprays and much much more and children of all ages can have a great time splashing around in the pool. Also, there is plenty of lifeguard cover to keep the children safe however we do have a rule that all children under 8 years be supervised by an adult at all times and wear armbands.

Guests at the Carlton Hotel can have a one off free admission to the Aqua Dome and other subsequent visits are half price for the duration of their stay in the Carlton. With regard to admission prices there are plenty of discounts available and off peak season promotions to suit everyones budget.

I hope you will visit sometime in the near future with your family and enjoy your visit.

Thank you
    Mags O'Sullivan
    Centre Manager

Advertisement