Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video of Ennis in the 1960's

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Great post!
    Remember Diver Mac in Chapel Lane and the Turnpike Cottages.
    Anyone know who the lady is at 15:26? And a similar shawl-clad woman used to walk along the Kilrush Road in the late 60's-was she a Mrs. Redmond?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

Thats great stuff both my father and granfather still tell stories about market day in Ennis selling turf and vegetables to locals to make ends meat

Is there anymore stuff like this around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭lenc

Superb!

Thanks for highlighting this. Wold never have found it myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Really enjoyed that. The streets look so familiar yet so different. Thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Previously posted this on another thread:

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/ennis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

superb, great memories of Ennis going to Co show in the 60s and houses like these on the way up on the left from Kennys pub towards the show grounds, btw the guy presenting the film John ODonoghue his mother was from West Clare in Knock village

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭lenc

Thanks again to the poster.I have been looking for pics or video of the Ennis Workhouse/County Home and only previously found one really poor pic..

excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I love that British Pathe video. The voice over is hilariously patronising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

superb, great memories of Ennis going to Co show in the 60s and houses like these on the way up on the left from Kennys pub towards the show grounds, btw the guy presenting the film John ODonoghue his mother was from West Clare in Knock village

Patrick Gallagher.. presenter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Any chance of a link to the Facebook page? I'd love to share this on my wall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

There wasn't a specific page for the video I just saw several of my friends share the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

There wasn't a specific page for the video I just saw several of my friends share the video.

I can't ind it on YouTube and I can't share it from here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

angelfire9 wrote: »

You can copy & paste the video URL to your FB page (just tried it)! R click on the video & you'll see the option appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 chroi

angelfire9 wrote: »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/You-are-a-true-30-something-from-Ennis-if-you-remember/229065313524

That's the page that initially posted the 2 videos

Advertisement